The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dundee v Livi.

Troy

Dundee v Livi. Empty Dundee v Livi.

Post by Troy Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:09 am

Might as well start this.God knows whats going to happen today.Were in a rut,and somehow have to get ourselves out of it.Confidence will be low understandably but we can't feel sorry for ourselves. Weve got to get that fighting attitude that's served us so well otherwise the spiral will continue.Hopefully we have a real go and attempt to at least for the moment give the support something to cling to.Tough times ahead.
    orco
    orco

Dundee v Livi. Empty Re: Dundee v Livi.

Post by orco Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:34 pm

Having seen the team I am not filled with optimism.
    Where is Obileye. I watched the pre-match interview with Davie and he didn't mention him. He gave an update on Nottingham and more or less said that was all our injured players.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:26 pm

Yeh,once again wasn't impressed with the starting lineup.As I wasn't there il go with Stuart Lovells assessment of the game on Sky Sports.Apparently Dundee were value for their win although Livi came into it in the last quarter of the game.We even managed to avoid a red card after VAR intervened. Apparently their goal was a belter of a free kick.No Sportscene tonight though I suspect I'll see it soon enough somewhere.So the rut continues with no sign of improvement results wise.Only plus is i probably won't see Davies post match interview, I'm depressed enough as it is.Gutted.Crying or Very sad.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:20 pm

Can’t see where the next goal is coming from never mind the next point or the next win. I feared the worst for the league during the League Cup group games. Thought I might be wrong when we played well against Aberdeen but we have been rank rotten since. I’m not buying the mantra of there’s not much between the teams below the ugly sisters, if that were true we’d be doing better than we are - we may be 11th but St J have a couple of games in hand and a win under their belt. They were my last hope for someone to finish below us given their abysmal start to the season. Just shows you that you can make stats mean anything, a few weeks ago we had only lost to the “big two”… now we are easy meat.

And it doesn’t matter that no one is hammering us, we can’t keep the ball out at one end and we can’t get it in at the other… that spells one thing… relegation.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:07 pm

Improved performance but lost to a wonder strike from a free kick. By all accounts we deserved a draw.

Defensively we've def got better, even with Ayo still being out*, but as Martindale said in his post match interview, that's come at the expense of our attack. Slim margins in our last 2 defeats, and things just aren't going for us with injuries, even Nottingham out again, though i think it's a concussion, so he shouldn't be out long.

Prob not going to get anything in our next 2 games, Sevco at home and St Mirren away, i'd imagine both games will see us defending deep. It's going to be a big month for us in December, a lot of games against fellow strugglers.

*Martindale saying Ayo should be in with a chance making the St Mirren game.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:13 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Can’t see where the next goal is coming from never mind the next point or the next win. I feared the worst for the league during the League Cup group games. Thought I might be wrong when we played well against Aberdeen but we have been rank rotten since. I’m not buying the mantra of there’s not much between the teams below the ugly sisters, if that were true we’d be doing better than we are - we may be 11th but St J have a couple of games in hand and a win under their belt. They were my last hope for someone to finish below us given their abysmal start to the season. Just shows you that you can make stats mean anything, a few weeks ago we had only lost to the “big two”… now we are easy meat.

And it doesn’t matter that no one is hammering us, we can’t keep the ball out at one end and we can’t get it in at the other… that spells one thing… relegation.

Chin up, more than us struggling just now Nick.

Dundee v Livi. Web_ca72
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:09 am

Whilst I agree there was a marked improvement on Sundays performance,the apparent lack of taking any chances that fall to us is worrying.Yeh,the points margin is minimal atm,but suspect our precarious position will only worsen unless we can turn around a horrendous run of results for us.Reckon this time with teams having games in hand against us,imperative we don't become the whipping boys and put ourselves in an untenable position that will inevitably leave us in soapy bubble.Concerning.🤷‍�.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:14 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Auld Nick wrote:Can’t see where the next goal is coming from never mind the next point or the next win. I feared the worst for the league during the League Cup group games. Thought I might be wrong when we played well against Aberdeen but we have been rank rotten since. I’m not buying the mantra of there’s not much between the teams below the ugly sisters, if that were true we’d be doing better than we are - we may be 11th but St J have a couple of games in hand and a win under their belt. They were my last hope for someone to finish below us given their abysmal start to the season. Just shows you that you can make stats mean anything, a few weeks ago we had only lost to the “big two”… now we are easy meat.

Dundee v Livi. Web_ca72
    But no one is struggling worse than us… if St J win by 2 tonight we will be bottom having played more games than those above us. As I type/edit they are 2 up.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:14 pm

Auld Nick wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Dundee v Livi. Web_ca72
    But no one is struggling worse than us… if St J win by 2 tonight we will be bottom having played more games than those above us. As I type/edit they are 2 up.

Motherwell are, they're 2 pts ahead because of their good start to the season, but haven't won a game in their last 7 matches, and 5 of those are losses. They even lost to us.

Defensively we're more solid switching to a back 4 and changing our tactics, due to how easily we conceded goals from set plays, but that has come at the expense of our attack. I know Dundee scored from a set play but it was a worldie hit right into the net, and not a ball into our box for a header, the kind we conceded 5 goals from in 2 games.

It's ridiculous how much our defence has changed about from game to game, due to injuries, Nottingham, Devlin, Obileye, then de Lucas, as well as Montano missing due to injuries, then getting suspended. If we can manage not to concede many in our next 2 games, both very tough against 2nd & 3rd placed teams, and maybe even nick a point in one of them (not likely though), we'll be doing not too bad, to just get us to the December games where everyone should be back fit. Then we can have a serious chance of getting some pts, playing 3 home games against bottom 6 teams around us, and even Killie at home i'd fancy us to have a chance getting something.

December will be a big month for us, with our first choice CB's fit we'd be able to set up more attacking and have a chance of winning games.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:05 pm

Anyone think it's just a coincidence that since Obileye is out injured we're on a losing streak, was the same last season.

We were sitting on 10pts after 8 games, looking pretty decent sitting 7th?, then Ayo is out and we conceded 5 goals from set plays against Killie and Dundee. We are then forced to change shape to try and shore up our leaky defense, at the expense of our attack, and lose the next 2 games narrowly, 1-0.

Martindale saying he's in with a chance making the St Mirren game, can't come soon enough. Montano should be back for then too. Then as i've said, December offers us a better chance of winning games, and with Ayo and Montano back playing we'll look a hell of a lot better in defence and attack.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:27 pm

Martindale said it was touch and go for Obileye to start the first game he missed three weeks ago so I won't hold my breath.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:48 pm

Ayo can be a bomb scare but we look better with him in a 3CB defence.

Why do we always get the teams that play in Europe after they play at home or have a fairly short journey? We never get them after a long arduous away game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:16 am