The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Us v County.

Troy

Us v County. Empty Us v County.

Post by Troy Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:47 pm

Lots of interest in this i see.Welcome to the relegation party.Its been inevitable for months and should be confirmed tomorrow.Murray etc etc could have a field day against our ramshackle defence,guaranteed. Taking into account the absentees,Teti etc can only see this going one way unfortunately.Swansong for a few I suspect as they close the door on their respective Livingston careers.Have actually forgotten what it's like to win a game,and I guess that will continue tomorrow.Championship beckons,and if I'm honest🤣 can't come quick enough.Rant over.Home win?!!!🤣🤣🤣.Lol T.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Us v County. Empty Re: Us v County.

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 pm

Personally, looking forward to life in the second tier… we might be competitive there… well we can hope that we are anyway.

County have hit form at just the right time to give them a chance of getting above St J so I fully expect relegation to be confirmed. That said it would be good to get the shackles off and just take them on. Absolutely no reason why we can’t slug it out toe to toe in all the last 5 games. You never know 5 wins might bring a miracle. Actually 5 wins would be a miracle in and of itself given we have only won 3 all season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

Okay who's hacked Nick's account?

Play Anderson and Mackay from the start and don't set up defensively to try and handle Murray, White & Brophy and we might have a chance winning this, it'll take Martindale going against the grain and ditching his usual instinct to over think things though. He even said Anderson loves a goal against County, just fecking start him then.

Anyway, not been to a home game in a while, so kinda looking forward to this one, let the relegation party go on hold for another game, Mon the Lions. cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Personally, looking forward to life in the second tier… we might be competitive there… well we can hope that we are anyway.

County have hit form at just the right time to give them a chance of getting above St J so I fully expect relegation to be confirmed. That said it would be good to get the shackles off and just take them on. Absolutely no reason why we can’t slug it out toe to toe in all the last 5 games. You never know 5 wins might bring a miracle. Actually 5 wins would be a miracle in and of itself given we have only won 3 all season.

1 down, 4 to go, the we are staying up party bus is standing by. drunken
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 pm

Actually it was a decent game from us, played some nice stuff, not lumping it up the park all the time, and when we did knock it long, we gave Anderson a chance to run onto the ball, and not hit high in the air to him, he was able to pressure defenders. Which is how we got our opener, Anderson putting pressure on their defender, forcing an error, and running onto a poor knock back to chip the keeper.

Even scored a penalty.

Defended well too*shock horror*, putting in blocks throwing bodies on the line, literally, as we blocked a ball on the line chesting it away. Shamal had a decent game as well.

Amazing what having the pressure off our players does, playing with a bit of freedom and without nerves.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm

Yeah, can’t disagree with any of that. Mackay’s goal line clearance was excellent after Shamal half stopped the original attempt.

Excellent finish by Anderson after forcing the error and excellent pen from SeKelly. Brandon was my MotM, out on his feet as he took the ball forward late on and should have had the foul in his favour not the other way.

Collum had a good game up until we went 2-0 up then he kept giving them everything, very little of which was justified.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:34 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Yeah, can’t disagree with any of that. Mackay’s goal line clearance was excellent after Shamal half stopped the original attempt.

Excellent finish by Anderson after forcing the error and excellent pen from SeKelly. Brandon was my MotM, out on his feet as he took the ball forward late on and should have had the foul in his favour not the other way.

Collum had a good game up until we went 2-0 up then he kept giving them everything, very little of which was justified.

Good by his standards anyway, Sportscene showing we should've had a penalty for Anderson being fouled earlier in the game too. Kept his cards in his pockets for most of the game though, which is very unlike Collum.

3 or 4 times we had great counter attacks after turning over possession deep in our half, but held onto the ball too long and lost it, Anderson was making good runs for the pass too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:12 am

Yeah, the lads did well to buy time running the ball out but needed to get their heads up and pick a pass to Anderson
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Auld Nick wrote:Personally, looking forward to life in the second tier… we might be competitive there… well we can hope that we are anyway.

1 down, 4 to go, the we are staying up party bus is standing by. drunken

4 more wins with everyone else beating Saints and County and those two ending all square… as Aerosmith used to sing…. Dream on, dream on, dream on jocolor
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:36 am

Got to say i didn't see that coming.For the first time in god knows how long the lads ran themselves into the ground.The mid field of wee Kelly Holt and Pitts put in a helluva shift.Christ even Nottingham had a decent game.Brucey and Dan Mackay ran their proverbial socks off as well.I know its only delaying the inevitable but was a pleasant feeling coming away from the stadium with a wee spring in my step as opposed to the usual trod up the road thinking of what might have been.Ach well,wont be long till normal service is resumed i suspect but fair play to them for putting a smile on our faces,albeit for a brief moment at least.Well done Lions.👏🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Going 2-0 up against Hearts at Tynnie, winning 2-0 going on 3 or 4 yesterday, we're certainly no just going through the motions seeing the season out, and are playing decent attacking football, difference yesterday was we defended well too, and pressed all over the pitch to help our defence.

Motherwell away will be a real test, not a place we get a lot of joy, but they've nothing much to play for now, and will hopefully be in holiday mode, like we were at the end of last season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:35 am