The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
HoudaBetsy
mozam76
LiviLion
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
Auld Nick
Edward snowdon
Durnford
Liviforever
13 posters

Livi v Dumbarton

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Dumbarton Empty Livi v Dumbarton

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Ok since nobody wants to talk about the Alloa game i'll start this Sat match thread.

Gallagher is suspended and Mensing is injured again, so Sives will be back in alongside Dycey. If it wasn't for bad luck we've have none at the moment.

Will McGlynn stick with White who had several good chances to score against Alloa, or will he do something radical like stick Mullen and Hippolyte up front?
    He'll prob confuse us all and put Burchill and White as the starting front two.

Dumbarton aren't scoring either but with our dodgy defending I doubt we'll see a 0-0 game, not sounding positive here so Smithy better step in to try and lift our spirits.
    Durnford

Livi v Dumbarton Empty Re: Livi v Dumbarton

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Liviforever wrote:Ok since nobody wants to talk about the Alloa game i'll start this Sat match thread.

Gallagher is suspended and Mensing is injured again, so Sives will be back in alongside Dycey. If it wasn't for bad luck we've have none at the moment.

Will McGlynn stick with White who had several good chances to score against Alloa, or will he do something radical like stick Mullen and Hippolyte up front?
    He'll prob confuse us all and put Burchill and White as the starting front two.

Dumbarton aren't scoring either but with our dodgy defending I doubt we'll see a 0-0 game, not sounding positive here so Smithy better step in to try and lift our spirits.

I would be tempted to appeal Gallagher's red card to at least give us the chance of using him against Dumbarton with the hope that we have Mensing back for the blue brazil.

White hasn't been delivering the goods but would loath to drop him againsta Dumbarton; if there's one group of supporters he's got something to prove against then these must be them. If he fails again the at best he's on the bench.

Hippolyte and Mullen up front might be interesting but would definitely require the ball to be played constantly on the ground; that being said with two goals in 3 games Danny Mullen is the nearest we have to an in-form striker closely followed by Gary Glen with two goals in five outings.

Personally I have no idea which way this is going to go; at the moment we're not even Jekyll and Hyde; more like Hide and Seek.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:08 pm

No chance a appeal if you fail costs over a £1000 and it will fail. McGlynn needs to be brave drop at least one first team regular these guys are letting us down week in week out. He needs to stop saying it isn't good enough and do something because they all think they are irreplaceable and are playing like it. Give one or two youngsters a chance as well as warn the older one they continue to deliver poor results there out.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:08 pm

A guy beside me at Alloa was wanting to see Mullen play off White same way McCoist used to play off Hateley, big guy-wee guy combo. He tends to float about deeper in midfield so as he's the in formish goal scorer, getting him up as a poacher playing off White might be a good idea.

What's the script with Kane, is he away from Dumbarton now? He was the dif in our last game, they'd never have scored without him.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Dumbarton are better than us & are our bogey team; we will not win

Livi 0 Dumb 2

FG 21 mins
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Dumbarton are better than us & are our bogey team; we will not win

Livi 0 Dumb 2

FG 21 mins

I think that sums it up very nicely, although I'm going to say 1-0. Goal will be around 88 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:23 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Dumbarton are better than us & are our bogey team; we will not win

Livi 0 Dumb 2

FG 21 mins

They're hardly better than us or our bogey team; results have been fairly even over the years since we let Russell go (before that we had them in our back pocket). This is a team that now have Colin Nash as their strike force and I believe Chris Kane isn't appearing with them at the moment although I thought he'd been loaned by St Johnstone until 1st January (perhaps he's injured) - the main difference at our last meeting.

The only way they're going to score two is if they get awarded three penalties (who's the referee?)

For us our challenge has really been putting the ball in the net; our defence is a worry but I really don't feel they have the quality to exploit that.

All in all I'm expecting a pretty turgid affair; doubt if there will be more than one goal in it and will probably be scored by a late substitute which half of the west stand will miss as they'll head for the pub early.

Not really selling this one am I?

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:04 pm

It really began to be unsellable with your first sentence....they took more points from the 4 games last season; they were crap this season until they beat us; they finished comfortably higher than us last season & are above us again now....I rest my case. (You were more accurate with reference to results with Russell but even in the season before last, they managed to beat us at the 'Vale at the end of the season)
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:It really began to be unsellable with your first sentence....they took more points from the 4 games last season; they were crap this season until they beat us; they finished comfortably higher than us last season & are above us again now....I rest my case. (You were more accurate with reference to results with Russell but even in the season before last, they managed to beat us at the 'Vale at the end of the season)

Well at the moment we can't score in a [insert your favourite pleasure dome here] so we're going to lose or draw against the Bathgate under 16's girls guides footie team. However we were by far the better side last time we met and succumbed to a 89th minute sucker punch

Unfortunately the definition of bogey team being slang for a team, which usually manages to win despite an apparent weakness, means that there are too many applicants to be counted on one hand this year. On the premise that you should only have one bogey team (unless this is our bogey league) Are Dumbarton the most obvious contenders?

Personally I might plump for Raith; they were pretty poor when we played them but still managed to lose; due in no small part to our hopeless tactics on the day.

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:10 pm

If we can avoid the hoof ball pish we'll have a (small) chance of getting something. Otherwise that fud, Graham, will head everything away like the first game earlier this season and we'll look more useless up front.

1-0 Dumbarton. FG 71 mins.

Couldn't care about the line up, just give me three points for the Amber Machine.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:52 pm

If we play the same way we did against Alloa, only stick the ball in the net, then we'll win.

Might have been the pissing rain making the ball slippy that contributed to DJ fluffing the ball for 2 goal line clearances on Sat, but he's turning into Andy McNeil at crosses. I used to have every confidence in him collecting a high ball, now I hold me breath when a cross comes into him.

If every team above us is better than us, should we just give up now then as only Cowden is worse than us with that logic?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:21 pm

The league table doesn't lie; we are second bottom because we are crap but we are capable of being better than we are at the moment so of course we don't give up; the league doesn't end after 12 games, there are still 24 to play. But we are 9th after 12 games because 8 teams have performed better than us over those 12 games; they are therefore currently better than us. We have 24 opportunities to establish that we are better than some of them & dig ourselves out of the mire.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:07 pm

They're better than us at scoring goals anyway, wouldn't say either Dumbarton or Alloa were better teams than Livi going on games against them so far. We got punished in both games for not taking our chances even when we dominated play and set up plenty chances to score. We could quite easily have won that game 4-0 again had we stuck 2 in before HT. All that counts is goals though, doesn't matter how much you dominate a game if you can't score.

Dumbarton without kane though is def there for the taking, they were hopeless until he came on 2nd half.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Well building myself up for a proverbial fall they've conceeded 12 goals in their last 5 games and only scored once in their last seven.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Read this on P&B.
    Bit of an injury crisis for Livingston. McGlynn says they have only one fit defender, but hopes that will improve by Sat. White doubtful too.

May force McGlynn into changes that he should've been making anyway.

Give Moffat and Rutherford a game and change the front two with White not being fit. Just hope he gives Mullen and Hippo a start and doesn't put Ogleby and Burchill in. pale
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Dumbarton are a diddy team. So are Alloa and Annan. Imagine if we lost to all 3 in consecutive weekends? Absolutely embarrassing time for the club. Don't think it's ever been this bad Sad
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Dumbarton are a diddy team. So are Alloa and Annan. Imagine if we lost to all 3 in consecutive weekends? Absolutely embarrassing time for the club. Don't think it's ever been this bad Sad

We have Cowden after Dumbarton too. All our games in November are against part time teams, will be pretty embarrassing if we can't win at least one.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:03 pm

And so its starts....

Yet again I'm starting to get mildly confident that we could get something from this game and possibly all three points.

This is based on very little hard evidence however my clutching at straws logic has:
    1. We are at home with home advantage
    2. We are NOT playing in purple again
    3. Dumbarton have a worse score record than us
    4. Dumbarton have a worse goals conceded record than us.
    5. Dumbarton will be without their chief goal threat.
    6. I've found my lucky scarf again and will be wearing that.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:00 pm

Durnford wrote:And so its starts....

Yet again I'm starting to get mildly confident that we could get something from this game and possibly all three points.

This is based on very little hard evidence however my clutching at straws logic has:
    1. We are at home with home advantage
    2. We are NOT playing in purple again
    3. Dumbarton have a worse score record than us
    4. Dumbarton have a worse goals conceded record than us.
    5. Dumbarton will be without their chief goal threat.
    6. I've found my lucky scarf again and will be wearing that.

7. I've taken down my Jordan White goal tally, which I put up after his hattrick and he's not scored a goal since.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:15 pm

Dycey is the only fully fit defender, Kyle and Talbot picked up knocks, Gallagher is suspended and Mensing is injured (again). Ideal opportunity for McGlynn to play guys that should be getting a shot in the team then, Rutherford and Moffat.

Rutherford has already shown he can handle being played against Championship teams and Moffat played in a pre season game and did well, get them in. We'd have a RB in his natural position for a change too.
    Could've done without Gallagher getting himself sent off but Sives is available so we've got the defence covered.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Liviforever wrote:Dycey is the only fully fit defender, Kyle and Talbot picked up knocks, Gallagher is suspended and Mensing is injured (again). Ideal opportunity for McGlynn to play guys that should be getting a shot in the team then, Rutherford and Moffat.

Rutherford has already shown he can handle being played against Championship teams and Moffat played in a pre season game and did well, get them in. We'd have a RB in his natural position for a change too.
    Could've done without Gallagher getting himself sent off but Sives is available so we've got the defence covered.

Scary stuff but we have Rutherford; hopefully Moffat out to prove a point; and I believe Robertson can play in defence. Failing that we're using someone like Keaghan as a central defender.

Not ideal but you never know...
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:26 pm

1-1,fgs 31 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Optimistic 2-1 Livi, FG:18 mins
    HoudaBetsy
    HoudaBetsy

Post by HoudaBetsy Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:12 pm

1-0 Dumbarton.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:59 pm

Durnford wrote:Well building myself up for a proverbial fall they've conceeded 12 goals in their last 5 games and only scored once in their last seven.

It was something similar before we played them at their place... we are the team other clubs on a bad run want to play. (C'mon Livi prove me wrong!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:28 pm