The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Lexi Collector
LiviLion
Liviforever
7 posters

Thoughts on Hampden

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Thoughts on Hampden Empty Thoughts on Hampden

Post by Liviforever Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:02 pm

Talk of not renewing the lease on Hampden as the national stadium when the lease runs out, personally don't like the stadium so would be all for building a new one, possibly even moving it to Edinburgh as it would be far easier to get to and a much nicer place to visit for pre match drinks etc.

Even playing at Murrayfield until a new stadium is built would be better, it's a far better stadium with a better view of the pitch too.

Thought?
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Thoughts on Hampden Empty Re: Thoughts on Hampden

Post by LiviLion Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Wouldn't mind Murrayfield but the SFA have a whole thing about keeping football money inside football. Spain don't have a national stadium but I doubt that would work with us, the only football stadiums we have outside Glasgow have less than half the amount of seats (Hampden, Parkhead and Ibrox all having over 50,000 seats).

Agree that we should play at Murrayfield until something else is built, preferably without a running track that ruins the view behind the goal, and preferably more seats, wouldn't fill it all the time but would for the big games, and if we're to start playing Engerland again.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:04 am

New stadium would be the best possible outcome, but that'll never happen due to cost no doubt. Most likely scenario as that we no longer have a national stadium as such, and games are spread across Celtic Park, Ibrox, Pittodrie etc. Absolutely hate rugby, and Murrayfield is a rugby stadium, but undoubtedly the best stadium in the country.

Not a fan of Hampden, both stands behind the goals are too far from the pitch.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:53 am

Hampden has it's faults, don't get me wrong, but I still love going. I can understand Scotland games that would attract crowds below 30k being taken elsewhere, but for me, the big internationals and finals should be held there.

Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Never been a fan of Hampden. It is terrible stadium. The running track is a major negative.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:32 pm

SFA should approach SRU to offer a buy in whereby Murrayfield is joint owned and available for cup finals and internationals for footy and rugby, any football matches would generate revenue for the SFA and any rugger matches would generate revenue for the SRU; sorted Smile
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:02 am

Hampden looks like the poor relation when you compare it to the Welsh and English national stadia. It is also in the wrong place. For a start Glasgow didnt need another large football ground and it is a nightmare of congestion trying to get there and back by car.

And don't get me started on the inside! The running track has been mentioned but the gradual elevation also means that you have to be at least 30 rows from the front before you get a "look down on the pitch" view. I remember going to Almondvale to get tickets for our 2004 cup final. They insisted on selling the tickets row by row, section by section and it was just your luck what row you got. I had to go back about 3 times before I got seats that were not practically level with the pitch.

A new stadium anywhere else in Central Scotland would be great.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:47 pm

I don't see the point in a stadium that would sit empty for most of the year. Therefore SFA & SRU should get together as I mentioned earlier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:46 am