The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
forzalfc
Lexi Collector
Afro
LiviLion
Liviforever
Durnford
EdinburghLivi
11 posters

Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16

Poll

Who is Livingston's Player of the Year

[ 0 ]
    Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Bar_left0%Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Bar_left0%Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Bar_left7%Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 11 ]
    Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Bar_left73%Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Bar_right [73%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Bar_left20%Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 15
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Empty Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16

Post by EdinburghLivi Sun May 03, 2015 11:32 am

It's been a great first season on this forum despite the horrendous periods we were put through at points. It's now time to choose our Player of the Year.

I've only included players I've felt have played well often enough to merit a nomination as you'll see. If anyone disagrees, names mentioned in posts will be considered.

Nobody has been an absolute standout for me but when he's played, I don't think anyone has been as solid and consistent as Declan Gallagher. As Lexi would say, a Rolls Royce of a player that we were fortunate often to have for one season. Replacing him has to be Burchill's first job next year.
    Durnford

Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Empty Re: Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16

Post by Durnford Sun May 03, 2015 11:46 am

Actually I would have voted for Kyle Jacobs
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16 Empty Re: Livi Room Player of the Year 2015/16

Post by Liviforever Sun May 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Tough one, up till April I wouldn't have felt like voting for anyone, particularly Hippo as he wasn't getting played from the start of games. Actually think Dycey has been very good since our cup win, he stuck a foot out stopping a through ball that would have had a Queens player 1 on 1 with DJ yesterday too, and Kyle has really been on fire, also like Pittman, has nice ball control and gets stuck in about players to win the ball back after he's lost it.

Prob go  for Gallagher as our most consistent payer over the season though, we really missed him in defence when he was out injured.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun May 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Definitely Gallagher for me, even while we were losing every week I still thought he looked like the most comfortable player on the pitch. Hope that us staying in the Championship rather than going to League 1 will convince him to stay, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he gets a move to a bigger/better team.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun May 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Gallagher by a country mile. It'll be a miracle if we get someone in who's half the player he is, let alone someone who is as good. Deserves to be playing in the top flight and best of luck to the guy, I don't think I've seen a centre-half so comfortable on the ball as he is in a Livingston shirt.

Special mentions to Kyle and Dycey for their form since the cup final. Before that I wouldn't have nominated any of them, because we were horse shit. Funny how one game can change a season...
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun May 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Can only echo what Afro says.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 03, 2015 10:12 pm

You're needing to realise other people are allowed to have a different opinion than you Lexi, and it doesn't mean yours is right. Though in this case Gallagher is our best player. Wink

Stick to P&B for that patter though, lets not make this forum into another LiviLions where folk get split into different camps/cliques and waste every thread having snipes at one another.

#wearealllivi
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun May 03, 2015 10:22 pm

Sorry I didn't read Durnford's post and I was being daft.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun May 03, 2015 10:28 pm

To the person who voted for shags, don't shout at me.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun May 03, 2015 11:07 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Sorry I didn't read Durnford's post and I was being daft.

Fair enough Lexi

Don't want to dampen your enthusiasm and the way you liven things up; just that there are a few things that I feel very strongly about.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon May 04, 2015 9:05 am

Well it's very interesting looking at the votes here and comparing it to the official player of the year awards.

The only one that they got correct imo was Danny Mullen for young player.

Certainly would not have any complaints about White or Gallagher being in the frame here at all. Everyone on here knows I've championed White all season and as I heard Burchy say on the radio that he felt that White was arguably our most valuable player for us this season then my vote goes to the Bigman.
    He has been our top goalscorer and has had the most assists in the team which is excellent.

Another poster was saying about the abuse Gallagher gets from some of our fans , heard it for both of these players tbh. Some fans just don't seem to get behind either player for some reason.

Funny wee aside from Saturday overheard a couple of guys talking at half time.
    One guy says Its mental playing all these long balls up to wee Danny he disnae stand a chance against they big guys, need to to go two up and bring White on
    Other guy says Nah no White he's a waste of space I don't like him
    We need a goal but hey ho don't bring on our top scorer , you couldn't make it up lol.

Enjoyed the forum this year lads well done to EL for starting it up and all the guys for posting , I've had a few arguments and disagreements but on the whole it's just been good banter.

What an end to the season winning a cup and ending up in 8th position.
    All I want for the close season is Rankine out.
    Have a good summer lads
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Mon May 04, 2015 9:52 am

Gallagher definitely. Talbot has had a great season as well..be great to see them both stay.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon May 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:To the person who voted for shags, don't shout at me.

Haha Lexi no I'm not mate.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon May 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Smithy wrote:

Haha aye I know. For what it's worth I'm a big fan of White as well, but Gallagher has been shoulders above the rest.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon May 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:
    Smithy wrote:

Haha aye I know. For what it's worth I'm a big fan of White as well, but Gallagher has been shoulders above the rest.

No probs mate , it's all about opinions and Gallagher and White have been top players for us but none of them got a sniff at the official player of years awards, strange.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon May 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Glad that situation came to a calm conclusion in the end. I've deleted or edited the posts in question but obviously just be a bit more subtle in your points in future, Lexi.

White and Mullen signed up front for next season would be an excellent start for us, both have been outstanding. Particularly glad for Mullen as he got some ridiculous stick earlier on in the season. I believe White was on a 2 year deal?

Also, agree with Durnford's nomination and that Kyle Jacobs deserves a bit more credit, I was just pretty pissed off after he threw the Dumbarton game away. Fordyce has been pretty solid at the end of the season as well after some horrendous play earlier.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Yeah I think we were actually pretty balanced up the flanks with Talbot and Dycey getting balls into the box. Took him a while but he's settled into a no bad RB and for the first time in a while we've two wingbacks that get up the pitch and we can switch play about.

I think most of us were on a downer a couple of months ago and went into meltdown mode concerning our players commitment and ability, glad they stepped up in April and turned our opinions on them around.

Fecking heroes to a man keeping us up, I hope they get a Mural in one of the stadium rooms to celebrate their cup win, as well as the great escape.

Oh and having Smithy overly optimistic and Bertie overly pessimistic is a good balance on here too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Liviforever wrote:Yeah I think we were actually pretty balanced up the flanks with Talbot and Dycey getting balls into the box. Took him a while but he's settled into a no bad RB and for the first time in a while we've two wingbacks that get up the pitch and we can switch play about.

I think most of us were on a downer a couple of months ago and went into meltdown mode concerning our players commitment and ability, glad they stepped up in April and turned our opinions on them around.

Fecking heroes to a man keeping us up, I hope they get a Mural in one of the stadium rooms to celebrate their cup win, as well as the great escape.

Oh and having Smithy overly optimistic and Bertie overly pessimistic is a good balance on here too.

I still think the Blazers will find a way to dock another 3 points off us!

Big Dec for me. Sometimes a bit too casual but on the whole a class above this level.

Kyle deserves a mention if only for scoring the pressure pen when it mattered most. I think he had a decent season despite taking some stick earlier in the season but then didn't they all & for a time they deserved it.

I tipped Hippo to be our surprise success & I think he got there in the end once he started getting a run in the side. He was definitely our Petrofac player of the season, outstanding throughout that tournament.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 05, 2015 12:48 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Big Dec for me. Sometimes a bit too casual but on the whole a class above this level.

Kyle deserves a mention if only for scoring the pressure pen when it mattered most. I think he had a decent season despite taking some stick earlier in the season but then didn't they all & for a time they deserved it.

I tipped Hippo to be our surprise success & I think he got there in the end once he started getting a run in the side. He was definitely our Petrofac player of the season, outstanding throughout that tournament.

Not this season they wont, too late now.

Not sure how long they'll wait for Rankine to go, or what proof they'll want as he's a fly man and tries to conceal a lot. The sooner he goes the better though so we can make plans for next season.

A heck of a lot to get sorted out in the close season with new owners supposedly waiting to come in and practically building up a whole team with most of them being out of contract, season tickets to be sold and pricing sorted out. Nothing is ever simple at Livi.

That should keep you going for a while Bertie, plenty to ponder over. sunny
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue May 05, 2015 12:27 pm

Like the majority, I've voted for Gallagher. An absolute steal when we signed him and I've never seen him have that bad a game even when we were at our lowest point and it definitely showed he is our best defender when it was Sives and Fordyce as our partnership during the bleak Autumn/Winter of 2014.

However, I don't think there was a stand-out player from the cup final onwards. The spine of our team was solid with DJ, Dec, Cole, Kyle, Pitts and Jordan who were all making massive contributions to the team.

I could write a paragraph for each player as to why they deserve this award but at the end of the day, it's Gallagher that comes out on top for me.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 06, 2015 12:01 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Not this season they wont, too late now.

Not sure how long they'll wait for Rankine to go, or what proof they'll want as he's a fly man and tries to conceal a lot. The sooner he goes the better though so we can make plans for next season.

A heck of a lot to get sorted out in the close season with new owners supposedly waiting to come in and practically building up a whole team with most of them being out of contract, season tickets to be sold and pricing sorted out. Nothing is ever simple at Livi.

That should keep you going for a while Bertie, plenty to ponder over. sunny

Ha! The season was over when they "relegated" us 2 divisions! This is the perfect time for them to stick it to us because they still have time to sort out NEXT season!

geek
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Wed May 06, 2015 1:29 pm

I voted for White aswell. Mainly because I have short-term memory and I loved his goals in the cup final and at Cowdenbeath.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed May 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Contemporary wrote:

I voted for White aswell. Mainly because I have short-term memory and I loved his goals in the cup final and at Cowdenbeath.

And because yous had an all-night romp with a couple of tarts you met in Grand Central.
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Wed May 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:
    Contemporary wrote:

And because yous had an all-night romp with a couple of tarts you met in Grand Central.

Shagz wouldnt let me near the burds obvs. He got all of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 am