The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Durnford
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
7 posters

Play Offs Thread

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Play Offs Thread Empty Play Offs Thread

Post by Liviforever Tue May 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Quite looking forward to these now we're safe from being in them.

A few have piqued my interest, down in England I'm looking out for the Sheff Utd v Swindon results on Thurs, and Ipswich v Norwich on Sat. With 5 ex Lions in the teams in bold.

Whilst here in Scotland we have the relegation play offs with Brechin v Alloa and Forfar v Stranraer on Wed. Mostly for geographical bias I'm hoping Alloa stay up, can't be arsed travelling to any of the others ground. Also had enough of Forfar and Brechin when we were coming up through the leagues.

The  QoS v Sevco promotion play off on Sat, mon the sooth. Hoping Queens keep Sevco and Hibs in our league, would be good financially for us but mostly for the lols of seeing them fail.

Last edited by Liviforever on Tue May 05, 2015 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Durnford

Play Offs Thread Empty Re: Play Offs Thread

Post by Durnford Tue May 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Not sure if either the rangers or Hibs are that much of a financial bonus actually; having taken into account the extra security etc. Certainly they brought a lot less than I'd originally predicted with Hibs last visit where the brought no more than 1000 supporters being particularly disappointing.

Will watch out for Forfar and Brechin for their Danny Denholm and Bobby Barr connection
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 05, 2015 4:26 pm

With Hearts out of the way you'd like to think Hibs would bring more fans as they'd be in a two way fight with Sevco for the title. Wouldn't imagine Motherwell or St Mirren (if they go down) would be competing with them.

Surely a Hibs crowd even with security/policing costs would be better financially than 100 Dumbarton fans, or a couple of hundred QoS fans.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue May 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Liviforever wrote:With Hearts out of the way you'd like to think Hibs would bring more fans as they'd be in a two way fight with Sevco for the title. Wouldn't imagine Motherwell or St Mirren (if they go down) would be competing with them.

Surely a Hibs crowd even with security/policing costs would be better financially than 100 Dumbarton fans, or a couple of hundred QoS fans.

You would think so but I had the feeling that we had policing and stewards for about 4000 at the last Hibs game - wasn't helped by the fact that they had lost out on the cup game only a few days before and the match was on TV
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Think Alloa will stay up, beating Forfar in the final, and think the Premiership club will win the final up the other end.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 06, 2015 10:03 pm

Alloa win the first leg 2-0, looks like Brechin have had it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 06, 2015 11:30 pm

LiviLion wrote:Think Alloa will stay up, beating Forfar in the final, and think the Premiership club will win the final up the other end.

Your finalists are on course anyway, good away win for the Wasps & a cracking home win for Forfar
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Alloa v Forfar final in the Championship play off.

QoS 0-1 Sevco HT.

Cracking free kck for Sevco's goal but seems there should have been a foul to QoS not Sevco.

Saying Vuckic was clever for their foul, aye if by clever they mean a cheating git, also dived earlier trying to get a foul.

QoS 1-2 Sevco FT.

Still in with a chance, get the first goal at Ibrox and their fans will get on their backs. Mon the Sooth.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Play Offs Thread Empty Hibernian seek reform discussions on play-off rules

Post by Liviforever Sun May 10, 2015 4:03 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32662022

"But for us, the outcome regarding season tickets has been disappointing at a time when Scottish football needs to do more to promote the game."

"At a time when we are seeking to build a squad for next season, we are in no position to lose money on a match. The only way left open to us is to offer the match to supporters as inexpensively as we can, knowing that the price has to be open to all."

They weren't so worried about fans when they screwed them over ST prices that were set for playing in the Premiership this season.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon May 11, 2015 10:21 pm

Sheffield United are out after a 7-6 aggregate defeat, second leg being a 5-5 draw, sounded like a cracker. Scougall got about 45 minutes and McNulty about 60 over the two legs.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 11, 2015 11:09 pm

I read that Scouggs was out of today's game with a pulled hammy
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon May 11, 2015 11:43 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I read that Scouggs was out of today's game with a pulled hammy

Yep, came on at half time in the first leg but went off on the 88th minute with an injury so is probably why he didn't play today.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Forfar take a 3-1 lead to Alloa on Sunday. Alloa is a hard place to go though so Forfar shouldn't be thinking it's over...
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed May 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Forfar in the Championship. FFS, no thanks.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Forfar in the Championship. FFS, no thanks.

This. Especially considering they still have their wee group of neds behind the goal. Can remember the last time we played there, jumping about after we scored, fuck knows why. And there was a girl who only looked about 15 (at the most) with a baby.

Strange bunch.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 13, 2015 11:26 pm

Durnford wrote:Not sure if either the rangers or Hibs are that much of a financial bonus actually; having taken into account the extra security etc. Certainly they brought a lot less than I'd originally predicted with Hibs last visit where the brought no more than 1000 supporters being particularly disappointing.

Will watch out for Forfar and Brechin for their Danny Denholm and Bobby Barr connection

Michael Travis scored their 3rd goal too, used to be at Livi. Some amount of old pro's in their team, was like watching last of the summers wine.

Actually found myself wanting Forfar to score their 3rd goal when Alloa got their goal, Forfar were the more deserving team in that game. Alloa will need to buck up their ideas if they want to stay in the Championship.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Forfar could just lie down in the return leg... they don't usually want to come up any higher than where they are.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 14, 2015 12:43 am

Dunno with Sevco and Hibs a possibility of still being here it would be a decent seasons takings for them, then go back down again to the seaside league.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 14, 2015 5:58 pm

True.... we shall see at the weekend I suppose.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun May 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Queens staying down, lost 3-2 to The Rangers on aggregate. Hibs v Sevco up next.

Alloa 1-0 up against Forfar at half time too, still a chance for them to stay up..
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Despite QoS being rubbish in the first half they went in 1-0 up. Happens a lot in games though when a team is being dominated but holding out and then they get one chance and score.

Key moment was Reilly's poor first touch when he was running clean through on goal, made a pigs ear of it and then Sevco get a goal a few minutes later, that would prob have won the game for queens had he a better first touch and scored.

Was just willing Beany to get in the box and fall down for a penalty. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 17, 2015 9:21 pm

Alloa stay up.

3 bad decisions for Forfar to lose their goals.

1st one was when they had a throw in with only 30 s to go and they lose possession from it, then the ball gets put across their box and their defending was piss poor.

2nd was down to Douglas coming for the ball and Dods leaving it for him but the ball wasn't reaching inside his box and an Alloa player ran in on it, Rab had to hit it to the side in a panic clearance but it went to an Alloa player who just hit it into an empty net, with Douglas still not back in his goal.

The 3rd was a Forfar player taking it off Douglas who had an easy catch and heading out for a corner which led to Alloa scoring.

Saying that Alloa deserved it and were the better team in this game.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Forfar could just lie down in the return leg... they don't usually want to come up any higher than where they are.

Based on what you just posted LF....told you so. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 18, 2015 12:10 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:Forfar could just lie down in the return leg... they don't usually want to come up any higher than where they are.

Based on what you just posted LF....told you so. Laughing

Yeah it looked like it, Forfar could've played all day and not scored and Alloa weren't looking like getting 3 goals on their own good play without Forfar helping them out the way they did. Was def more down to Forfar's 'mistakes' than Alloa's ability to open them up and score 3 goals themselves. 5 seconds to HT and you concede a goal, fecking criminal, esp when you have a throw in with only 30s left to go. Forfar under Dick Campbell used to be pretty proficient at closing out a game.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue May 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Anyway in the interest of impartiality....

I was playing Football Manager on my PC when I was offered the Rangers job. I knew it was a poor squad with no future, so I declined the offer. I then put the phone down and got back to Football Manager.

Have you heard about the new Hibernian Bra?
    It has a lot of support but no cups.

Three old football fans are in a church praying for their teams.
    The first one asks, “Oh Lord when will Hearts stop buying the refs?”
    God Replies, “In the next five years.”
    “But I’ll be dead by then,” says the man.
    The second one asks, “Oh Lord, when will Hibs stop buying the refs?”
    The Good Lord – answers, “In the next ten years.”
    “But I’ll be dead by then,” says the man.
    The third one asks, “Oh Lord when will Rangers stop buying the refs?”.
    God answers, “I’ll be dead by then!”

A pound coin was thrown onto the pitch at Ibrox. Police are trying to determine whether it was a missile or a takeover bid.

My missus just split up with me because she thinks I’m obsessed with football.
    I’m a bit gutted about it; we’d been going out for 3 seasons.

I met a fairy today who granted me one wish. “I want to live forever,” I said.
    “Sorry,” said the fairy, “I’m not allowed to grant wishes like that.”
    “Fine,” I said, “I want to die when Hibs win the Scottish Cup.”
    “You crafty ****!” said the fairy.

BREAKING NEWS: David Blaine’s 40-day world record for doing nothing inside a box has been broken by Kenny Miller.

Allan Stubbs is curious how Robbie Neilson’s team went on such a magnificent unbeaten run, so he decides on a visit to Hearts training ground to see how Neilson trains his players.
    After one day he is not really impressed by the training practices, so he asks Neilson how he gets his players so sharp. “Well, it is simple. I sometimes ask my players a difficult question, and that way they stay really sharp mentally”. Of course Stubbs wants an example, so Neilson asks Genero Zeefuik to come over. He asks: “Genero, he is not your brother, but still he is your father’s son. Who is he?” “That is not difficult,” Genero answers immediately, “Of course that is me.” “You see? That’s the way you keep them sharp,” Neilson says to Stubbs.
    Stubbs decides to bring this into his training the next day. He calls Jason Cummings over. “Jason, I have a question for you,” he says, “He is not your brother, but still he is your father’s son, who is he?” “My God, Allan,” is Jason Cummings reply, “That is a tough one to answer, can I sleep on that for one night?” Stubbs agrees with the one-night postponement.
    So that night Cummings decides to call Terry Butcher. He has been at Hibs, so maybe he knows something about these questions. “Terry Butcher, maybe you know the answer to this question: he is not your brother, but still he is your father’s son. Who is he?” “That is easy, that is me!” says Terry.
    So the next day Jason walks full of confidence to Stubbs. Stubbs asks: “Jason, do you know the answer to my question now?” “Yes it was actually very easy,” he says, “Is it Terry Butcher?”
    Stubbs answers, “No of course not you stupid bastard. It’s Genero Zeefuik.”

Ceasefire in Syria as UN send in Kris Boyd – No shots reported so far.

So a hot chick, a nun, a Hearts supporter and a Hibs supporter are sitting together in a train.
    They drive through a tunnel and suddenly the lights go out and it is completely dark in the cabin. Then there is a clapping sound just before the train leaves the tunnel. In the light again the Hibs fan is holding his cheek.
    So the Hibs fan thinks: “Damn, that Hearts supporter must have tried to touch the hot chick, she must have thought it was me and slapped me in the face.”
    The nun thinks: “That’s right. He must have tried to touch that young girl, but she didn’t want it and defended herself”
    The girl thinks: “Oh, he surely wanted to touch me, but inadvertently touched the nun and she must have protected herself!”
    The Hearts supporter thinks: “Excellent, in the next tunnel I’ll punch that Hibs fan again!”

A young mother was pushing her baby along the street in Edinburgh when suddenly a huge rottweiler dog lunged towards the pram, gnashing its teeth. The young woman thought for a moment that the dog would kill them when suddenly a man rushed over, wrestled with the rottweiler and broke its neck with his bare hands.
    Another man rushed to the scene and said, “I am a reporter and I saw everything that happened. Wait until I put the headline in my paper. It will read ‘Hearts fan saves baby from savage rottweiler!”
    “No you can’t write that!” replied the man.
    “But why not?” said the reporter.
    “Because I am not a Hearts fan, that’s why!” replied the man.
    “Oh, okay then,” said the reporter, “I will write Hibs supporter saves mother and baby from savage rottweiler!”
    “You can’t write that either,” said the man.
    “Why not?” asked the reporter.
    “Because I am a Rangers fan!” replied the man.
    “Oh I see,” said the reporter, “How about this then, ‘Weegie mauls family pet!”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:34 am