The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
LiviCub
EdinburghLivi
Durnford
Liviforever
Afro
forzalfc
livi96
Contemporary
Lexi Collector
ianlivi
Lividihard
15 posters

#BringBackDeclan

Lividihard
    Admin

#BringBackDeclan Empty #BringBackDeclan

Post by Lividihard Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:34 am

Folks

Declan Gallagher is out of prison pending his appeal which is likely to be some time away

He wants to sign for Livi and wants all the livi fans to know this.

Get the message over to the Club and get the hashtag trending #BringBackDeclan
    ianlivi

#BringBackDeclan Empty Re: #BringBackDeclan

Post by ianlivi Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:20 am

From Callum Carsons twitter
    Callum Carson ‏@CallumCarson34 · 23 mins23 minutes ago
    There's no suggestion at this stage whether Gallagher will be offered a contract - but they are happy to let him use facilities to train.

Callum Carson ‏@CallumCarson34 · 33 mins33 minutes ago
    Livingston have confirmed to myself that Declan Gallagher is training with the club. Has been released from prison pending appeal.

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:39 pm

Tweeted. If he came back, I'd look something like this

#BringBackDeclan Eu-W58
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:18 pm

#DeceDeclan
    livi96

Post by livi96 Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:28 pm

I have just noticed that the Facebook page has uploaded a picture of the squad for this season and Gallagher is in the picture. Also Darren Cole is wearing the captains armband.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:37 am

Would be great to see Declan back! A pairing of Declan + Ben Gordon at CB with Darren Cole just in front of them... lethal!
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:50 pm

I can't seem to get my head round the clamour for re-signing a player who's probable wage would cover the reported repayment to McDougall... Let's not beat round the bush, Gallagher is a fantastic player for this level and should be playing in the top-flight. He was probably my player of the season last season, I think we'd have went down without him.

That said, his appeal still hasn't been heard, so I'm equally as unsure why there's the long lost son feel about this whole thing. Maybe just me, and everyone's entitled to their opinion.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Don't feel any long lost son, I just know how good he is and would be delighted to see him in our defence this season.

Still hoping something can be sorted out with McDoug and we can do both, keep him happy and sign Gallagher.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:00 pm

I wish we hadn't resigned Glen + Sives, then might actually have a bit more budget for wages. Agree that McDougall has to be paid before we're allocating his money to the wage budget, but couldn't care about the appeal or not... would happily take Declan back on that front!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:46 pm

forzalfc wrote:I wish we hadn't resigned Glen + Sives, then might actually have a bit more budget for wages.  Agree that McDougall has to be paid before we're allocating his money to the wage budget, but couldn't care about the appeal or not... would happily take Declan back on that front!

Agree about Gary Glen; nice guy and tries hard but I can't help thinking his renewal was a bit of desperation following the embargo.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:21 pm

As great a player as he is, I have to agree with Afro particularly now that the McDougall revelations have come out.

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Saw Dec was at the game today sitting with his partner.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Yeah up the back row in the stand.

Sives is doing ok though, wins every ball in the air that comes his way, and Gordon looks good, blocked that shot right at the end today throwing himself in front of the ball, that was after getting his head on it to get it out the box too.

Neill coming on for Mullen shored up the defence nicely too when we were playing a team that was just lumping it into our box hoping for the best. Would still like Gallagher if we can get him but if not I think we'd cope alright.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Well if we are signing him it'll prob be announced sometime this week, I read Burchill hopes to sign up 2 players this week.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Where was that mentioned? Absolute madness, who is sanctioning this?
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:59 pm

2 more players is absolutely mental. A 24-man squad is more than enough considering we've scrapped the development squad.

In saying that, I'd be delighted if Declan re-signs.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Someone in the club is absolutely off their tits. That's the only logical explanation.

If we end up in the financial mire again, we only have ourselves to blame. Howling stuff.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Still not got a Scooby what the business plan is apart from Ford wanting the strongest team possible to bring success on the pitch and then that will bring more money into the club. Suspect
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:13 pm

Really strange timing for this one:

Livingston F.C. has decided to re-sign Declan Gallagher until such times as his appeal is heard and concluded.

The verdict of the Appeal Court will be a significant factor in the long term future of the player with the Club. At this stage the High Court of Justiciary has considered it appropriate that he be granted his liberty pending the outcome of the Appeal.

We are of the view that whilst he is on bail he should be provided with the opportunity to earn a living and to support his family whilst he continues with the fight to clear his name.

We appreciate that in this process there are many victims, including Declan, and that not everyone will be comfortable with the approach adopted by the Club. The Club, however, is not in a position to make judgement.

Livingston FC hopes that fans and sponsors will recognise and appreciate the approach we have adopted and allow the judicial process to take its course.

Surely creates some real problems in the defence though; I was actually keen on seeing Neill play a bigger part.

Not sure though that the "The Club, however, is not in a position to make judgement." will please many; seems an odd choice of words given the circumstances.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:39 pm

Cash problems aside, it's excellent to see us stand by him.

Welcome back to Almondvale, Declan!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:43 pm

That's us well covered in the CB dept this season, not sure how far away Gallagher is for fitness to start a game though, wouldn't think he'd be coming straight into the starting line up just yet.

This may well be the best defence we've had in years this season, certainly will be the best 2 CB's at Livi in Gordon and Gallagher since our SPL days.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:50 pm

Liviforever wrote:That's us well covered in the CB dept this season, not sure how far away Gallagher is for fitness to start a game though, wouldn't think he'd be coming straight into the starting line up just yet.

This may well be the best defence we've had in years this season, certainly will be the best 2 CB's at Livi in Gordon and Gallagher since our SPL days.

Lots of options in the midfield as well. Provided the forwards can deliver the goods it could be a very good season

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:That's us well covered in the CB dept this season, not sure how far away Gallagher is for fitness to start a game though, wouldn't think he'd be coming straight into the starting line up just yet.

Lots of options in the midfield as well. Provided the forwards can deliver the goods it could be a very good season

Yeah I like our midfield for pace and skill, still think we need a bit more physical presence in there too though, esp when playing teams like Clyde. Cole is always an option right enough and with 5 CB's signed I'd imagine him playing in midfield rather than defence.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Good news, a player who is probably worth a good 4-6 points alone. No more signings though please.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:No more signings though please.

Exactly this. Got a solid squad now (even 1 or 2 too many) and with no reserves we'll have players getting no match action at all over the season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:43 pm