The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
EdinburghLivi
AMF
LiviCub
Contemporary
sunderland
LiviLion
Liviforever
Smithy
Lexi Collector
spiggle
Auld Nick
15 posters

Alloa v Livi

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Alloa v Livi Empty Alloa v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:42 pm

Alloa will want to get revenge for the walloping we gave them in the final. They will also want to move 6 points clear of us. We need the win to get off the bottom. We all know how that will end...in tears!

Hopefully we go all guns blazing with The 2 Jordies up front. But I suspect Burchy will revert to Buchanan as the lone striker.

Alloa 2 Livi 1

FG 24 mins
    spiggle
    spiggle

Alloa v Livi Empty Re: Alloa v Livi

Post by spiggle Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:50 am

I believe that Alloa are for the taking. We've not been too bad over recent weeks. We just need a win to get us going.

3-1 Livi. FG 15 mins.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:32 pm

1-0 Alloa, 33. Livi to be horrendously pish.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:38 pm

4-2 Livi FG 11 mins

We will win if we go two up top from the start and I'm confident we will do that.

Need to win this game
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Smithy wrote:4-2 Livi FG 11 mins

We will win if we go two up top from the start and I'm confident we will do that.

Need to win this game

This.

We lost these type of games last season, but I believe we'll go on the same kind of run we did for the last few games of that season if we set the team out properly. Two wins and Lexi will be full of optimism, saying how great our players are and predicting we'll finish 4th. Wink

3-1 Livi, FG 8 mins.

Mon the W&S goal machine.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Smithy wrote:4-2 Livi FG 11 mins

Need to win this game

This.

We lost these type of games last season, but I believe we'll go on the same kind of run we did for the last few games of that season if we set the team out properly. Two wins and Lexi will be full of optimism, saying how great our players are and predicting we'll finish 4th. Wink

3-1 Livi, FG 8 mins.

Mon the W&S goal machine.

Hope so mate,interesting we both predict we will lose at least one goal.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:31 am

Smithy wrote:Hope so mate,interesting we both predict we will lose at least one goal.

Tbf Alloa just need to get a free kick on the edge of the box, DJ will give them an empty net to put it into after that.

1-0 Livi, 60 mins, tackles flying all over the place and a scrappy finish after the ball bounces around the box for a bit.
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:07 am

4-0 Livi. Not really, but maybe. Just maybe.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:31 am

I might change my prediction to 2-0 ALLOA
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:21 am

Lexi Collector wrote:I might change my prediction to 2-0 ALLOA
    haha Lexi you are turning into Bertie with all these predictions.

Head up mate.... We are going to win this one
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:46 am

Hope so Smithy, but not got a good feeling
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Hope so Smithy, but not got a good feeling

Lexi I saw enough v Inverness with two up front and a middle two which allowed Pitman space to play, which meant for me it was our best performance of the season in the first half.We looked balanced and if we play same formation and team with only change Ben Gordon returning then I'm very confident of our first league win.
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 pm

Livi to win 2-1.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:23 pm

1-0 #AM. FG 28 mins
    AMF

Post by AMF Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:45 pm

2-0 Livi
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:00 pm

1-0 them, terrible game. FG 76 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Alloa Athletic
    21 Crawford
    02 McAusland
    04 Reintam
    03 Hill
    05 Hamilton
    14 McManus
    08 O'Brien
    16 Flannigan
    09 Chopra
    27 Crawford
    07 Duffy

Substitutes
    01 McNeil
    10 Holmes
    11 Ferns
    13 Paun
    17 Layne
    18 Hetherington
    20 Williams

Livingston
    26 McCallum
    02 Millen
    14 Gallagher
    06 Gordon
    03 Longridge
    31 Glen
    04 Cole
    07 Pittman
    11 Hippolyte
    19 Buchanan
    18 Sheerin

Substitutes
    01 Jamieson
    08 da Encarnação Pires Faria
    09 White
    15 Neill
    16 Gibbons
    17 Georgiev
    20 Currie
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:28 pm

O-1 Livingston

Buchanan against his old club
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:59 pm

3-0 and the goals split between the strikers, very good.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:52 pm

Fucking YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

At last Sheerin was played from the start along with Buchanan (also believe White would be equally effective alongside him) and what a difference it made to our attack. Buchanan ran his arse off all over the pitch and Sheerin stuck to a main striker role bang in the middle, and it bloody worked.

Sheerin made the first goal slipping Buchanan in and cracking finish from the wee man. Any ball hit towards Sheeerin has a 90% chance of sticking to him and that gives us players who can run off him inside the box and that's exactly how we got our first goal.

2nd goal was a superb ball from the wing into Sheerin, think it was Millen as it was on the right side, keep getting mixed up with him and Longridge, both had a terrific game getting down both wings, and the big fella stuck it away well. He was absolutely desperate to get on the ball today and was continually making things happen around the box.

3rd goal was purely all down to Buchanan, he used his body to push his marker out the way and get a yard on him, got on the ball and just carried it from the halfway line into the box and stuck it past the keeper, great strikers goal.

Defence was keeping everything simple, no pissing about taking any risks, Gallagher just knocked it out for a throw in and didn't even think about knocking it back to his keeper. Gordon was his usual solid self and just knocks everything up the pitch and clears the danger. McCallum didn't have too much to do but kept everything simple too, got his body behind a few shots that were hit down his throat and smothered them, commanded his area well and kicked well.

More of the same against Dumbarton next week and we'll move ahead of them too.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Told you all Start two up v Alloa and we would win.

I knew Alloa were rubbish

More of the same next week,however that will be a much tougher test for us in another must win game.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:40 pm

Solid performance from everyone today; especially Gallagher, Pittman and Buchanan. Alloa are piss poor and it would be the biggest shock this season if they finish higher than 10th. Anything less than 12 points in 4 games against this lot would be an utter shambles.

Keep it simple and as direct as we did today and we should beat Dumbarton next week. This team really need to show they've got the talent and bottle to kick on after winning one game to keep it going.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Smithy wrote:Told you all Start two up v Alloa and we would win.

More of the same next week,however that will be a much tougher test for us in another must win game.

Not just two up front, but Sheerin being one of them, if he wasn't playing we wouldn't have won, or it would've been the usual struggle to score anyway.

Shame Sheerin came off for White as I believe White would've scored too, that's both Buchanan and White scored when Sheerin played alongside them.

I've backed Hippo to the hilt against Lexi wanting him dropped but tbh he looked jaded today and his shooting has no power or accuracy, think a spell on the bench might be needed to give him a shake/some focus. Oh and just wont header the ball, I think he ducks away from a header at times and others he just doesn't even attempt to look like he wanted to header it.

On Longridge and Millen, all our best games have been with them in a back 4 set up, Gordon & Gallagher as CB's keeping everything nice and simple is needed too.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Smithy wrote:Told you all Start two up v Alloa and we would win.

Not just two up front, but Sheerin being one of them, if he wasn't playing we wouldn't have won, or it would've been the usual struggle to score anyway.

Shame Sheerin came off for White as I believe White would've scored too, that's both Buchanan and White scored when Sheerin played alongside them.

I've backed Hippo to the hilt against Lexi wanting him dropped but tbh he looked jaded today and his shooting has no power or accuracy, think a spell on the bench might be needed to give him a shake/some focus. Oh and just wont header the ball, I think he ducks away from a header at times and others he just doesn't even attempt to look like he wanted to header it.

On Longridge and Millen, all our best games have been with them in a back 4 set up, Gordon & Gallagher as CB's keeping everything nice and simple is needed too.
    I think your Sheerin love in is way over the top.Yes he did well but we would have won with White and Sheerin too and also with White and Buchanan.

Two is the way to go and Sheerin has a long way to go weight wise to be deemed our no 1 striker lol

So good to get the win but as I said before next week will be a different proposition

Ps Buchanan has scored without Sheerin being on the park and so has White....so let's calm down before lauding an overweight guy as our saviour.

Buchanan and White are far better footballers than Sheerin.buts let's support them all mate and stick to the facts
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:43 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, why is Duckrell getting fuck all game time when it appears that none of our wingers have shown anything great this season?

I rate Hippolyte highly but his form has been patchy while Glen clearly is playing out of position and Georgiev doesn't appear to do anything ever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:33 pm