The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
LiviCub
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Livi v Airdrie

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Airdrie Empty Livi v Airdrie

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:04 pm

And onto the next game, the Amber Machine is rolling on, and on and on, Livingston..................

Good news is the only Airdrie player to score against us in games this season is suspended, apparently Andy Ryan had words with Northcroft and got a red card for foul and abusive language inside the tunnel after FT. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/i-apologise-fans-who-came-9450425

Top scorer Andy Ryan also received a red card in the tunnel after the game

Boateng is also suspended, though tbh he'd have prob been more help to us playing, he's been a bomb scare in games against us. Russell has hit the suspension threshold but it doesn't kick in till after our game, so Mr fall down inside the penalty box will still be playing.

But enough about Airdrie, Mullen is meant to be back fit for this game but may have to wait on the bench for his chance to play, Carrick must be a start after his last 3 games. Bursting to see him play as reports are very positive about him.

Don't know if Hoppy will start with Carrick & Buchanan or keep the same starting line up as last night, but it gives us fantastic options from the bench either way.

Have to let myself get carried away and go for 4-1 Livi, fg 16 mins.

I fear Beany will score from the penalty spot to stop us recording another clean sheet.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Airdrie Empty Re: Livi v Airdrie

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:00 pm

I think they will have a point to prove after our two wins at their place, losing heavily to Stenhousemuir and us tanking the same team. If football was simple arithmetic I'd predict a 9-0 home win... But it isn't, it's much more mathematical, so we are more likely to end up with the square root of sod all.

The game has score draw written all over it.

Liv 2 Air 2
    FG 23 mins
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:25 am

It's too good to be true that we could go ten points clear if we beat them. Because of that, I think the pressure will get to them. And because of the expectations, some of our fans will just lose it and it'll affect the players.

2-1 Airdrie. FG 38 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:04 pm

Yeah with Ryan suspended Airdrie might set out to be a bit more defensive than in our previous two games against them, which will frustrate the home fans. Hopefully we get an early-ish goal to settle everyone down and we get behind the players.

Really looking forward to this game, esp after missing our last 3 away wins. I've been pretty confident going into our games against Airdrie but this is the first time I've felt we're clear favourites to beat them, that isn't always a good thing and can be when we lose a game though, so no room for complacency.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:48 pm

Agreed L/F.Ive been saying for ages that complacency could be our own worst enemy.Having said that i feel that this is to big an opportunity to waste.The players have put themselves in this cracking position through sheer hard work and playing as a coherent unit at the best of times.Sure there have been some hickups but on the whole they thoughraly deseve to be where they are at the moment.Tommorow will be tough imo but if we turn up and play at the top of our game i see only one outcome and be celebrating a massive result for us in the context of the League.This is the Chance Livi Take it.!!!
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:50 pm

If we get an early goal then I'd heavily fancy us to kick on and get a big win... That said, if they sit in and frustrate us like Peterhead and Albion Rovers have done successfully, no doubt our wonderful home fans will be right on top of the team. Unfortunately.

In saying that, I'm feeling confident; 3-1 Livi, FG 32 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Another good win. I thought we outclassed them in the first half but let them come in to it in the second. I thought taking Longridge off upset the balance at the back but we ended up with a clean sheet & a keeper who must have been in danger of catching a cold he had so little to do.

Excellent build up to the opening goal from Carrick, excellent ball from Mullen to Mullin which eventually brought the second goal from Cadden. I thought their keeper made a very good save from Josh but Josh did well to keep the chance alive & all in all I think 2-0 was about right.

Carrick justified his start with a good performance & although the subs did not make an instant impact they did the job required of them & ultimately 2 of them were involved in the insurance marker. Nice comment from the announcer as well to give the goal time which meant the players had a good idea of how long was left.

I notice someone tweeting on the OCS feed that Buchanan had the miss of the season in the 1st half; disagree with this; the ball hit him before he could react to the fact it was coming to him; he had no chance to do anything & didn't even attempt to play the ball, it simply hit him & bounced off.

10 points clear.... if we win next week & Airdrie lose we will be at least 12 clear... the 12 points of Christmas? Here's hoping.
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:19 pm

Well done livi,a good solid perfomance and 10 pts clear to boot,all in all its been a great week!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:30 pm

Yeah nice bit of play for our first goal and neatly finished by Carrick, 3 goals in 3 games, he's like a new signing for us and has come in at a good time to give us a boost up front. Has a good first touch on him controlling the ball well, and good hold up play too.

Someone said Longridge was going off at HT holding his back, hopefully he's ok for next week.

I have to admit I was a wee bit nervous about us not getting a 2nd goal, not that Airdrie looked like they were going to score against us but with Beany in their team there was always the possibility he'd fall down inside our box and get awarded a penalty. So it gave me a bit of relief when we finally got our 2nd goal, even though it was going into added time. Good to see us getting back to back clean sheets. Who'd have thought we'd be the best defence and top scorers, and 10 points clear going into the final game of the 2nd quarter.

12 points clear at the half way stage would be superb.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:29 pm

I forgot to have my weekly moan about the officials... The far side linesman needs to read up on offside, I think he got one right all game. Airdrie were back to their infamous "robust" style of the McDonald/Black eras. The ref should have clamped down on it but he didn't.

Credit to Russell for staying on his feet today, more than can be said for the wee number 9 who was getting away with niggily fouls all game, even after his warning. When he went down in the box I feared the worst (didn't think it was a pen but was expecting the joker in yellow on the far side to give it).
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Not the best game ive ever seen but nevertheless got the result we all wanted so a big well done to the boys for delivering.Thought Josh Mullin had a belter especially with his work rate and Liam and Dale worked their preverbail socks off.Russell seemed to moan at just about every decision that went againt them but we are used to that by now.Cant wait till next week when we can right a wrong from earlier in the season against Queens Park.More on that one later in the week.Once again well done to Hoppy and the boys,lets keep it going for as long as we can.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:04 pm

The most laughable thing about this league so far is that every team we've faced who have came into a game against us on the back of a decent run have comfortably been beaten by us. Airdrie, Alloa and Brechin have barely put in a challenge.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Dale Carrick gets in the SPFL team of the week.

Livi v Airdrie C0IrL0uXAAAqgRq
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Airdrie Empty Highlights

Post by Liviforever Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Linked to the Airdrie OS: http://www.airdriefc.com/diamondstv/16/12/17

Nice 1/2 between Buchanan and De Vita leading up to Carrick's goal and also a lovely cut back picking out Carrick, well put away too.

I liked the view from the East stand too, makes a change seeing it from over there. It was good to see us breaking up the pitch with some crisp long passes, Mullen did well to see Mullin for his pass on the turn as he was on his way to the ground, and Mullin to pick out Cadden when their keeper blocked his shot.

Dunno what game Mark Wilson was watching in the post match interview but it wasn't the one where Airdrie were comfortably beaten and only had one shot on target all game. He seemed to think it was an even game and there was nothing in it. Laughing Good for Beany that he came to Airdrie to win the league and still thinks they can do it, but I haven't seen any Livi players saying we'll win the league and we're in a far better position than Airdrie. Razz
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Liviforever wrote:Linked to the Airdrie OS: http://www.airdriefc.com/diamondstv/16/12/17

Dunno what game Mark Wilson was watching in the post match interview but it wasn't the one where Airdrie were comfortably beaten and only had one shot on target all game. He seemed to think it was an even game and there was nothing in it. Laughing  Good for Beany that he came to Airdrie to win the league and still thinks they can do it, but I haven't seen any Livi players saying we'll win the league and we're in a far better position than Airdrie. Razz

To be fair, in possession terms i thought they were all over us, in saying that they could have olayed for another couple of hours and still not scored. Just need to make sure we dont get complacent now!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:36 pm

sunderland wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Linked to the Airdrie OS: http://www.airdriefc.com/diamondstv/16/12/17

Dunno what game Mark Wilson was watching in the post match interview but it wasn't the one where Airdrie were comfortably beaten and only had one shot on target all game. He seemed to think it was an even game and there was nothing in it. Laughing  Good for Beany that he came to Airdrie to win the league and still thinks they can do it, but I haven't seen any Livi players saying we'll win the league and we're in a far better position than Airdrie. Razz

To be fair, in possession terms i thought they were all over us, in saying that they could have olayed for another couple of hours and still not scored. Just need to make sure we dont get complacent now!  

Didn't think they were, bbc has us with 54% possession too. After we scored, from 10 mins onwards we looked fairly comfortable, they had nothing in our final third. We really should've been 2-0 up a lot earlier than we were, I think the goal late on gave the scoreline a fair reflection on the game. The only Airdrie player to have scored against us is Ryan, without him they look toothless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 am