The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
orco
Auld Nick
Afro
LiviLion
Liviforever
9 posters

League Cup Draw

orco
    orco

League Cup Draw - Page 2 Empty Re: League Cup Draw

Post by orco Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Hibs it is then
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Tough draw but how good would it be if we pulled off a shock win here. Should get a decent wad from this game too. Nothing to lose anyway, nobody thought we'd get this far and nobody expects us to get any further, just get stuck in about them and see what happens.

Mon the Livi Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:42 am

Yeah, beating them would be sweet indeed but they look like the have assembled a decent side; so we will need to be at our best & they will have to underestimate us.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:50 am

Imagine the Partick v. Sevco will be the one on Alba so the cabbage skinflints wont be able to stay at home again for this one.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:16 am

This game is going to be painful.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:57 pm

You're a right gloomy drawers LC, you had Falkirk gubbing us too. Laughing

Hibs are no Celtic, they're not the 'invincibles'. I would've rather had a home draw and Aberdeen or Dundee but our pre season friendlies have stood us in good stead for games like this, we managed to contain Partick Thistle in the group stages. We didn't fall away in the friendlies until all the changes were made, so up till that point we held our own against all the bigger clubs. Our fitness has been superb too so no danger we'll fall away near the end of a game, I really think we'll have a chance of taking Hibs to ET and pens or even nicking a win.

The Hibs fans will be extremely confident of gubbing us too, hopefully their players and manager will as well, which will work in our favour, they'll get extremely frustrated if they can't score a goal in the first half hour or so and start getting on their players backs. Our midfield will be ideal for this too, managers of the teams we're beating have been frustrated by our midfield not allowing their players to play their normal passing game, I mean how dare we not stand off them so they can run all over us. Laughing

I'm actually looking forward to this to see how well our players do, no expectation on them as they're big underdogs, so all the pressure is on Hibs.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:25 pm

The arrogance of the hibs supporters on P&B is gob-smacking.

If you listen to them all they need to do is turn up. They really don't learn their lesson do they.

We've nothing to lose; if we get beat well that's what everyone was expecting; if by some chance we do manage to pull off a result they'll be in for a right pasting particularly from the Falkirk fans when they came on with all the playground stuff after our result on Tuesday.

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:49 pm

LiviCub wrote:This game is going to be painful.

Ha, yes. If you're a Hibs fan - LOL!

Not being on TV is a good thing, I'd like to see us take loads and loads of fans through. With a sizeable and loud support it could really spur the boys on and give them a boost. We look very good at the back so far, so if we can keep that up and frustrate them then the longer the game goes on, who knows what can happen. With Hopkin in charge I believe we can pull it off. Its not as if Hibs are amazing world beaters, bigger upsets happen all the time. Up to the fans to play their part by going and supporting the team!
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:30 pm

The Lions have done brilliantly thus far in this tournament but i feel this could be a bridge to far for them.Having said that though weve got nothing to lose and therefore should go and have a right good go at them.Nobody gave us a chance in hell of beating them in that cup final,would be great to replicate that result.Anyway whatever happens we will leave their patch with a sizeable cheque in our back pocket thank you very much.More in hope than realism.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:20 pm

Hibs aren't following in line with Falkirk with their prices anyway:

Hibernian can announce the ticket arrangements for our Betfred Cup tie with Livingston on Tuesday 19 September. 
    Ticket Prices
    Adults: £20
    Concessions: £10

Didn't go to any away games against them a couple of seasons back because they're robbing bastards but i'll make an exception for this game with us being in the quarters and I want to back us to the hilt to turn them over.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 pm