The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Troy
Durnford
LiviCub
Auld Nick
Liviforever
9 posters

Hibs v Livi (Betfred Cup) Tues 7.45 ko

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hibs v Livi  (Betfred Cup) Tues 7.45 ko - Page 2 Empty Re: Hibs v Livi (Betfred Cup) Tues 7.45 ko

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:39 pm

3-2 FT.

So close to taking it to ET, ach well, it was fun while it lasted, maybe get another cup run in the Scottish cup.

Good effort by the players, twice being pegged back too.
    Troy

Hibs v Livi  (Betfred Cup) Tues 7.45 ko - Page 2 Empty Re: Hibs v Livi (Betfred Cup) Tues 7.45 ko

Post by Troy Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Heartbreaking for the lads to go out after a penalty from Stokes so late in the game.Bet wee Lennons arse was squeeking at the thought of it going to e/t and pens.Shows how far weve come in recent weeks with our performances and bodes well for the future.Weve all said on numerous occasions that the league is our priority and if we can keep these displays going we should be ok for the forseable future.Unlucky Livi but we move on.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 pm

Game plan was clearly to sit back and soak up the pressure, was working like a dream until Madden invented a deflection and gave them a corner. Despite that we should have defended better for their 1st and 2nd IMO, gave them far too much space to do as they pleased. Would need to see the penalty again but wouldn't be surprised if it was another one of Madden's gifts Laughing

Can't moan too much though, a good display with a shuffled about team and a payday the club wouldn't have been expecting a month or so ago.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:06 am

I will begin by saying that Hibs were the better team and if their 2nd and 3rd goals were of the quality of their first I'd have just gone away thinking our guys had given it their best shot.

That's not what happened though.The lead up to their second was a free kick that never was, that led to a corner that only Bobby Madden deemed to be one. NB Livi fans had a perfect view right behind the goal. The penalty happened at the other end of the pitch so I didn't really see it but as soon as the Hibs guy went down you knew Madden would give it. I heard a Hibs fan say after the game that their guy "played for it by running along side the Livi player". I'd like to see footage.

Some of Madden's decisions were ludicrous - and always in Hibs' favour.

Sorry to see Rafa go off and then go up the tunnel on crutches. Keeghan got a sore one too.

The lads knew they were in a game tonight. They all worked hard and it'll have done them no harm to have played a decent team and come out of it well.

Onwards and upwards to Falkirk now!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:29 am

Hoppy reckoned Todorov got something on the ball and it wasn't a penalty either, he's complaining about Madden's poor decisions, the foul leading up to the corner (both were wrongly given) that led to their 2nd goal, then the pen at the end.
    Two cups we've gone out to in penalties that refs have balls up, surely must be due a break in the Scottish cup, maybe even get a home game.

Shows what a great squad we've got though, 5 changes from the ICT game and big Toddy covering for Gallagher being injured and we still took Hibs to the wire, and went out with some dodgy refereeing decisions.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:21 am

I know I'm holding grudges here but our defending for their second goal was poor. And to take the lead twice and hold it for a combined total of twelve minutes is frustrating too.

Oh well, at least we knocked out Falkirk.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 am

Also I reckon our share from the gate receipt (minus expenses) will still be similar to three home league games.

Not bad considering we weren't expecting that.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:30 pm

https://vimeo.com/234658306

Goals here, seeing the free kick/corner fiasco has just pissed me off again though Laughing
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Never a free kick, never a corner and never a penalty. Hibs were diving chancers and Madden was only too eager to help them to their "win". Mad
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hibs v Livi  (Betfred Cup) Tues 7.45 ko - Page 2 Empty All Our Betfred Cup Goals.

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:58 pm

https://vimeo.com/234675783

It was a great cup run, 100K from last night and worth every penny, well done Hoppy and the Players. cheers
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:10 am

Hope hibs get royally pumped in the next round Rolling Eyes
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Based on the highlights alone (I wasn't there) I'd have to agree with Orco's comments 100&

Certainly seems conclusive that he got the ball and the Hibs player fell over him; hence on free kick

And, although you can't the the penalty offence well it does appear to have been a 50/50 challenge for the ball which our guy won; also the hibs players seemed just as surprised that it was awarded.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:50 pm

There was a good view behind the goals for the free kick. There was no need for the Hibs player to go down. He made the decision to as they often do. Madden was desperate to give them free kicks all night. Cannae have a team like Livi getting to the semis now can we. Conspiracy theorist? Moi? Niver! Wink
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Those are three absolutely woeful decisions. That man should not be allowed near a football pitch; he should be writing fiction

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am