The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Troy
LiviLion
Afro
Auld Nick
Liviforever
9 posters

Livi v Falkirk (Scottish Cup)

Afro
    Afro

Livi v Falkirk (Scottish Cup) - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Falkirk (Scottish Cup)

Post by Afro Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:02 pm

Should’ve left the snow on the pitch. Gutted for everyone who chipped in that they were served to that tonight. Falkirk deserved it IMO, pumping the ball to two wee guys for 65 minutes is a tactic which served us well previously, but our personnel have changed. Hoping Miller and Hardie can hit the ground running or else we’re in trouble. Personally, I don’t think we’ve performed anywhere above average since November’s pumping of Queens. Granted, there have been fairly exceptional circumstances in between but something seems awfully remiss with the side at the moment.

McMillan looked mediocre coming in from the cold, but even at that we weren’t exactly struggling, just creating nothing. Bringing on Mullin opened our right hand side right up, I’m never a fan of singling out a player, especially one that has been so consistent for us this season, but his attitude was abysmal tonight. Either that, or he is carrying an injury, in which case he shouldn’t have been on the park. Didn’t offer anything offensively like he has done previously, but of more important bearing on the final result, did very little to close down Longridge not once, but twice in about three minutes. I sincerely hope transfer speculation hasn’t went to his head; if he’s not had a rocket up his arse, maybe now is the time. If it’s going to be another four months of that then I’d take the money now. Would be delighted to proven wrong here, btw.

Yes, I am seething. Our best chance of reaching the last eight of the Scottish Cup in my lifetime certainly, disappeared without a whimper. And that is the most disappointing thing considering the effort that went into getting this on.

Roll on Saturday.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:45 am

Home results have certainly been as bland as our performances since November* but we seem to be doing well enough away from home. I think we just need a run of games being played without any breaks, read the players haven't trained together playing 11 v 11 for 2 weeks due to the weather too, which isn't ideal for any kind of consistency.

0-0 v Falkirk,
    0-1 defeat to QoS,
    0-1 defeat to Falkirk have been our home results December/January.

In the same period we've played away;

0-3 defeat to Utd
    4-1 win against Dumbarton
    1-1 draw with ICT
    2-0 win against Brechin

That has prob got a lot to do with having played games a bit more regularly away from home without being interrupted by postponements.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:30 am

Didnt make the game last night due to ill health but going by most reports i was as well in my sick bed after that.Saw the late sucker punch deflection on sky sports news.Unfortanate at best but at least we can now concentrate on our most important aspect which is the league.Feel a tad sorry for those who who tried so valiantly to get the game on without getting their just rewards but we move on now.Kinda get the feeling Hoppy got his set up wrong last night but those of you who were there will no doubt correct me.Dissapointed but look forward to be back in my usual seat on Saturday,health permitting.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:52 am

Agree with what others have said post-match. The game should've finished with a replay but the one time one team out of the two committed with men forward, they were rewarded with a goal. The personnel didn't suite our tactics but with regards to the lack of goals in recent home games, we have to remember we were either limited with who we had available up front and Miller and Hardie only just came in late last week.

I know I've said before that I'd be more than happy with an 8th place finish but we now only have the league to focus on and a squad big and fit enough to give it a go of finishing in the play-offs. If we at least don't make more than a decent effort of it then right now, I'd say we'll have had a disappointing second half to the season. Dumbarton at home is the perfect opportunity to start the push.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 pm

An awful game to watch with hoof ball from both sides and a referee who hadn't a clue. How Sibbald got away with his sleekit fouls on Gallagher the whole game I don't know. Yet Falkirk fans are greetin their eyes out on P&B about evil Livi because Taiwo had to go off after a Longridge tackle with what has turned out to be a minor injury. They certainly gave as good as they got.
    The only positive I can take from the game is that we don't have to play them in yet another game.
    How they hammered Dundee United a couple of weeks ago I don't know.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:42 pm

Aye Jakubiak is a sleekit dirty wee shite, twice in as many minutes he ran in as a Livi players was jumping to head a ball getting under our player causing him to come down hard winding himself. First time I gave him the benefit of the doubt but 2nd time he was even later as he ran in and you could see he was deliberately going in to do the same again. Fecking ref just had a passing word to him, fecker should've been booked. You get sent off in rugby for that kind of thing as they deem it dangerous play, making a tackle when a player is up in the air, players can come down on their necks.

Dunno what Jacko did to Taiwo but he's a dirty wee shite too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 am