The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auld Nick
Liviforever
6 posters

Livi v ICT

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v ICT - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v ICT

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:50 am

Realistically holding onto 2nd place is our priority, catching St Mirren is a hope for the best shot that relies heavily on other teams taking points off them (as well as us winning all our games). The Pars are falling apart but they're more likely to take points off us than St Mirren, even in their current state we struggle against them.

If they took points off St Mirren then fine, but losing the game also rules them out of catching us and solidifies our top 4 spot.

Really strange how i'm the one being practical here and you're looking for the very optimistic chance of catching St Mirren Bertie, given how negative you are in predicting game by game matches involving Livi.  Laughing

BTW I haven't given up hope of catching them either, they've still a few tough games against the likes of Falkirk, home and away, Utd away, and us at Paisley, their next game is away to QoS too, hoping for a draw there. Again though this falls in with the Pars scenario, if Queen's lose it kills off any chance they had of catching us.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:58 pm

I'd be ecstatic with 2nd place.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Me too, and i'd be delirious if we got 1st place. bounce

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 am

Ah but if you notice I said it was always a long shot - in other words I don't expect it to happen. All I was doing was pointing out why St Midden dropping points would have been better for our chances. Still consistent within my low expectation position. After all Dumbarton can still catch us mathematically. There is more to it than that of course because all the teams between us & Dumbarton would also have to catch us.

2nd would be an absolutely outstanding achievement. 1st would literally be unbelievable.

Whatever it turns out to be, it's been a much better season than I dared to dream of & I am pretty sure we are even exceeding your expectations but some distance LF.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 am

Its really difficult to handle all the potential scenarios going around at the moment.

Personally I don't even want to take qualifying for the play-off's for granted even though we are an impressive 11 points ahead of QOS and, for the record, I'd worry more about meeting QoS in the play-offs than any of the other likely contenders.

However, looking at Dundee's current form can you possibly imagine the fall-out if we ended up putting Dundee down again? It could happen; on the last day of the season.

What's the chances of that happening?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:14 am

Another one is if we and Dundee end up in 3rd and 4th positions we could end up playing each other three times over little more than a week.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:09 pm

If we don't manage to catch St Mirren then yes, Livi v Dundee play off final, oh please make it happen, and us relegating them as we are promoted. bounce bounce bounce

Yep Bertie, don't think I saw 2nd place as a possibility after Buchanan left, think 5th was about as high as I could see us getting. And what a great bit of business by Hoppy in the Jan transfers, I was actually fearing the worst going into it, thinking we'd lose a few players and have a weakened team for the 2nd half of the season but Hoppy strengthened the team, and even cut our wage bill doing it, fecking hell. Shocked
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Yes; it should be easier avoiding dropping to fifth than climbing to first, on paper at least, even though the points gap is the same and we have a game in hand over St Mirren.

All we need to do to avoid dropping down the list is to keep winning games; however in order to catch St Mirren we need to win our games and hope they're going to drop points.

On the positive side we have a game in hand and need to play them once more does effectively mean that's six point where we can catch them up so that will help but there's still a significant gap.

What happens this Saturday when they play QoS in Dumfries should be a good indicator of whether we're even in with a shout.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content