The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Next seasons expectations.

Troy

Next seasons expectations.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Next seasons expectations.

Post by Troy Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:02 pm

You've been busy today L/F.Wish I could share your opptomism.Injuries suspensions etc and a wee dip of form have kinda dampened my expectations.I did say 8th at the start of the season and I'm uncomfortably optimistic we at least get that.Trying to get my hopes up for the run in towards the split.Something just tells me we may just fall short again unfortunately. Of course I could be totally wrong,in which case disregard this post before it comes back and bites me on my hairy arse🤣.Lol.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:18 pm

We've 8 games to go, play Aberdeen, Hibs and St Mirren in those games (the 3 teams closest to us for a top 6 spot), plus 4 of the bottom 5 teams, if we can't get top 6 and a European place from that we never will. We're in the best possible position to do it, and have already played the top 3 teams, and wont play them again till after the split. Oh, and we've also still the game in hand against Utd, at home.

Nothing is ever certain, but we really couldn't have had a better run of fixtures in the run in if we picked them ourselves.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:27 pm

Looking at the pts total of us and the 2 teams below us, if we win 2 games, Aberdeen need to win 3, St Johnstone need to win 4, so if we win 3, you get the drift. Outside of the erse cheeks nobody is winning 5 of their last 7-8 games, which some might need to do, and we only need to win 3 of them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:31 pm

Yeh,on paper it all looks good and well. Hadn't looked that far ahead tbh.But your right.If we can't somehow conjure up a set of points from that group of fixtures then we won't deserve to have a place in the top six.Would be terrific if we could get back to our old selvesand quickly. The chance is there,its in our own hands.Go and grab it Livi.👊🦁⬆.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:39 pm

Yeah another thing in our favour is they still have to play one of the erse cheeks and Hearts, we don't.

Hibs have Hearts, Celtic and Sevco still to play too, as well as us at the Tony Mac, everything really is stacked in our favour.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:06 pm

Everything stacked in our favour? In that case there is not a mouses chance in a cattery that we’ll do it.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:48 pm

I have to say I was feeling kind of positive about this team until that collapse against Caley. What makes it worse is that Hamilton have beaten them twice since that game. Now I don't know.
    Taking any points at all at Pittodrie would get me on the optimistic side of the fence again.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:16 am

Yeh,il join you on that fence Orco.Got to get our Mojo back then I'll help you climb off it.🤣🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:58 am

Dunno Troy, we could be sitting 8 pts clear of 7th place with 3 games to go and you lot would still be saying you don't feel confident of a top 6 spot. lol!

The Aberdeen game is a huge one if we got a win, but we've still got 4 games where we can get pts over Hibs, our game against them next weekend, plus the 3 when they're playing the erse cheeks and Hearts, they've got a really tough set of pre split games compared to us.

Beating Aberdeen would almost certainly knock them out of contention for getting above us, and you've got to fancy us being above Hibs too when you see they've still to play all three top 3 teams.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:50 pm

Lots of ifs and buts.I suspect us lot are just a wee bit sceptical L/F as opposed to your eternal optimism.Were used to being let down when the chips are down unfortunately. Hopefully this time we can all jump on the bandwagon by saying I told yous so.Lol.T.😃.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:16 pm

Troy wrote:Lots of ifs and buts.I suspect us lot are just a wee bit sceptical L/F as opposed to your eternal optimism.Were used to being let down when the chips are down unfortunately. Hopefully this time we can all jump on the bandwagon by saying I told yous so.Lol.T.😃.

You saying my optimism is that off the scale that i need you Nick and Orco to balance it up, and keep me grounded. Laughing
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:49 pm

Your optimism always cheers me Liviforever. If I was ever to sound confident before a game you would all have to take that as a jinx. 😏
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:07 am

Us three negative Nellies will never have enough realism/scepticism/pessimism to counter your optimism LF Very Happy
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:19 am

Couldn't have put it better myself Nick.Lol T.🤣🤣🤣.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:27 pm

I still hold out hope of us getting 3rd place too, and it would please me no end finishing above Hearts and wiping the smugness from a few Hearts fans pusses on P&B. With them not playing this weekend a win against the sheep would close the gap to 4 pts and we'd have played the same amount of games.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:20 pm

Next game is still a tough one, against a team above us, but it's at home, so looking to at least get a  draw there. After that we've got 2 teams fighting relegation, again at home, so although because they're in a desperate position it'll still be a bit of a battle, we should be looking at 6pts from them. Whether we'll get that or not is another matter but it's there to be had, and on paper as easy a set of games as we could get at this stage.

Reckon 44pts would see us get a top 6 spot, so we need at least 9pts from our next 7 games, a win against Hibs would certainly give us a lift and make that a lot more doable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:46 pm