The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Sevco v Livi

Troy

Sevco v Livi Empty Sevco v Livi

Post by Troy Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:51 am

Oh well here goes.Start of the league campaign in Govan.Kinda feels like being in an abatior and being lambs to the slaughter. Thankfully we won't be subjected to another flag day through there.Just can't see us taking anything from this.The step up in opposition from what we've had so far is huge.Like L/F said in an earlier post 3 or less defeat will seem like a moral victory for us.Good to see Devlin back,but that defence is going to be sorely tested.Would love to know if Davie has a game plan for this.I suspect most of us already know.Damage limitation and get the hell out of there.Anyway,Sky it is,thank god.Part of me would love to be there just in case the unthinkable happened.But then I woke up.Nothing whatsoever to lose here Livi.Have a go.🤞🦁👊.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Sevco v Livi Empty Re: Sevco v Livi

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:35 pm

Celtic away 2 gubbings aside, we usually do well against the erse cheeks under Martindale-Holt/Martindale, and as the underdogs we get to frustrate them and be more compact and hard to break down, which should help our defence out a good bit, with other players back defending. I've read Anderson likes a goal against Sevco too, so hopefully he keeps up that tradition.

However even us playing at our very best would be a big ask to take something at Ibrox, hopefully we can score and keep it down to 2 or 3 goals. The old free hit, as not many teams, if any at all, will take something at Ibrox, so in that respect it's a good learning experience for the players, to get them gelling for the 'easier games'.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:17 pm

We’ll get gubbed if we don’t improve by at least 80% on our showings so far.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:08 pm

Could improve 100% and still get gubbed, but we wont. lol!

Mon the Lions, lets get right in aboot em. bounce

Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:19 am

Haven't woken up with a feeling of underenthiusiasm for a game in a long time.I will just be glad when its over,and we haven't taken a tanking.Mon the Lions 🦁💛🤞.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:15 pm

Watching it on Sky through NOWTV, got the old butterflies going in my stomach, nervous as feck about the doing we could get, but also looking forward to seeing how we do against the best team in the Country, by a huge margin last season, we wont have a harder game, esp with it being at Ibrox.

Just wanting us to get to HT and still be in the game. Mon the Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:19 pm

Poor defending for the opening goal. Nobody picked up Hagi who even had time to make a mess of controlling it, rectify that, step in side selling a dummy & shoot.

Great save by Stryjek shortly after that.

We need someone helping Anderson cos every time we lump it forward he stands no chance & it comes straight back.

To be fair we haven’t done too badly defensively since the opening 10 mins.

We have done nothing with our set pieces though.

We aren’t going to score from open play so we have to make more out of any set pieces we get.

Even though it’s only 1-0 at HT I suspect it will end up being 3 or 4
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:25 pm

Aye Hagi was left unmarked and plenty time to get the ball caught under his foot, get it out, and shoot, pish defending for that one. On the whole only being 1-0 down at HT is pretty good, thought they were going to steamroller us in the first 20 mins. Game settled down a bit after that and we had some corners. Just need a wee break around their box, and us being clinical, we aint going to get much sniffs at it, so when/if we do, we need to stick it away.

Got some players that could get something though, keeping it at 1-0 till 70 mins and getting Devlin, Montano and Kabia/Hamilton on and i think we could score against them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:26 pm

Agree Bertie.Dont know if we're still in it.Sloppy goal to give away,but you expect that at Ibrox.Unless Anderson gets help that won't change.But would take as it stands unfortunately.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:50 pm

I should add that Beaton is a blue nosed biased twat, Rangers player falls over… foul to Rangers. He’s dished out at least 3 yellow cards to us for minimal contact incidents. Rangers players have committed heavier fouls but we’re lucky if we get the free kick never mind anything else.

Liviforever likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:41 pm

Well we kept it tight for 70 mins, and brought the subs on to try and nick a point, but all went to feck when Kabia got injured, and they scored their 2nd goal. Bit of a scunner conceding the 3rd, and almost a 4th, scrambles in the box with tired players dead on their feet, the pivotal point was us going down to 10 men and Sevco getting that bit extra advantage to run at us again.

At 11 v 11(and Kabia not carrying an injury) i still think we were in with a chance of getting something, Hamilton getting the ball on the edge of the box and turning to shoot showed that, but it was all over at 2-0, then the 3rd just put the boot in. I know i said pre match if we kept it down to 3 i'd be happy, but really think we deserved to finish 2-0 the effort we put in.

It at least shows we can still frustrate the best team, and at home we'd have a chance of getting something even more so, still to see how we set up against the other teams though, we wont be so defensively compact as that in our other games. That's when we'll get a real good idea of how we'll do this season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:46 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I should add that Beaton is a blue nosed biased twat, Rangers player falls over… foul to Rangers. He’s dished out at least 3 yellow cards to us for minimal contact incidents. Rangers players have committed heavier fouls but we’re lucky if we get the free kick never mind anything else.

Aye some of his decisions were a joke. Forrest made an excellent tackle, which wasn't even a foul let alone a booking, their player actually fell over going into Sibbald (?).
    Forrest got the ball.

Sibbs was booked for attempting to trip Kent, so basically got a card for not being very good at tripping him, as he missed.

Didn't think it was a foul for their free kick where Hagi scored either. And WTF was that dropped ball to Sevco awarded for, it hit Beaton and he stopped play and gave Sevco the ball and told our players not to contest it, just outside their box, fecking hell!!

Lewis got clattered which injured him, and i i'd guarantee that would've been a foul to Sevco the other way around, and Kabia getting injured would also have been a foul the other way round, Sevco player kept his foot down so wasn't a card but should've been a foul for us.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:57 pm

Just glad thats over.A combination of abysmal defending for their goals and no goal threat whatsoever from us made this such a comfortable afternoon for Sevco.Not one shot on target tells the story of the afternoon for us.We won't be judged on this game,but can't wait to get our returning players back up to full fitness.3 0 probably flattered Sevco,but hopefully we can take heart that we didn't take the tanking that I predicted prehand.Cant wait to see Broony and Co next week.Im off for a 🍺.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:06 pm

Troy wrote:Just glad thats over.A combination of abysmal defending for their goals and no goal threat whatsoever from us made this such a comfortable afternoon for Sevco.Not one shot on target tells the story of the afternoon for us.We won't be judged on this game,but can't wait to get our returning players back up to full fitness.3 0 probably flattered Sevco,but hopefully we can take heart that we didn't take the tanking that I predicted prehand.Cant wait to see Broony and Co next week.Im off for a 🍺.

Dunno Troy Hamilton had a shot that went wide that looked promising, showed we were starting to have a chance of getting something. Our substitutions were positive, but Kabia being injured fecked it for us. 2nd goal was a cracking finish but came from a scramble where Kabia was out of the game injured, 3rd was another scramble when Kabia was off and we were down to 10 men, and they almost got a 4th in the same scenario. Kabia still able to play and none of that happens, and we've still a player fit to get up the wing.

Feel a lot more positive after seeing us frustrate Sevco till an injury affected the result. As i said in my other post though, we'll be more expansive against the fellow diddy teams, that's when we'll see if we've improved, or are as bad as in our cup games, the game today was more about not getting humped and demoralizing us than anything else, felt we did that.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:16 pm

Yeh agree Bertie.It was just frustrating watching for 80 minutes we were still in the game.As I've said we won't be judged on this game.The positive for me is we will get better once back to full strength. Meant to say earlier, only one of the dozen or so punters have us to finish bottom from what I've seen in the media.The promise is there,and the coming weeks will tell us how this is going to pan out.Its only the first game of the season.Once we get fully up to speed im hopefull we can steady the buffs.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:02 pm

2 draws in results elsewhere, so not a bad day so far, 1 point behind 4 teams after us playing the best team in the league. Hopefully Celtic hump Hearts 4 nil. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:21 pm

Yeh,just noticed that L/F.2 draws helped us even this early.But agree,hope Septic have got over their disappointment midweek and take it out on the Jambos.Wouldnt bank on it though.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:14 pm

Just as an aforethought.Weve got Anderson Hamilton Kabia and Rieley to come.Surely against so called lesser teams Davie has to somehow find a partnership that will reap dividends.Hoping wel get the defence sorted out.But up front ,surely we have boys that would take pressure of a suspect defence.Appreciate we're overwhelmed with midfielders,but with their collective feeding to the strikers,I'm hoping we get back to what we do best.Over to you Davie.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:37 pm

Nope Celtic are still pish, if anything it looks like Hearts might win this 2-1. Hopefully Celtic's 2 subs do something to get them the win, Christie and Furuhashi.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:41 pm

We have to get our midfield into games though & at the moment we are bypassing them & I don’t just mean on today’s evidence.

That drop ball…. Uncontested is the rule when it hits the ref but it’s supposed to go to the team that hit the ref… and I’m sure our player played it off him, so yeah another bad decision in favour of his team.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:46 pm

And as i just said, Hearts go and score to go 2-1 up with the 90 mins just about up. Celtic are useless fuds.

4 mins for the green erse cheek to get a draw now.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:15 am

Craig Gordon - what a keeper. Two saves at the death to seal the win.

For all Celtic’s possession they didn’t really trouble Hearts except for the goal, the goal that was disallowed & the two chances at the end…. Which should have been enough to win the game but Neilson made a sub or two that swung Hearts into the game & they took the chance when it came to get their noses back in front.

The league looks to me that it could be the strongest it’s been in some years - at least it does when you look at the names of the clubs in it. Based on that alone Ross County & us are the minnows this season. We just have to hope that some of the other clubs aren’t as good as they think they are.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:20 pm

Or as good as you think they are Bertie, and us as bad. lol!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:02 pm

Never expected anything from that game so to be just 1-0 down at 78 minutes was pleasing. Rangers scored the 2nd and 3rd after Kabia got injured too.
    We didn't even get a foul when Kabia went down. The usual referee display at Ibrox when the crowd becomes the 12th Man. I slowed down their first goal too and a couple of Rangers players were in offside positions when the free kick was taken. Hagi wasnt but our defenders were busy with the offside players freeing him to get that ball. Some may say the offside players weren't interfering with play but as far as I'm concerned any player inside the box at that point is interfering with play. If they aren't they shouldn't be on the pitch. But of course we would never get any decision at Ibrox.
    Ah well on to next week. Aberdeen have put together a decent team so I'm not confident. I'd take a draw.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:31 pm

Hope there isn't a retrospective ban on Devlin for him giving their player a little kick, not even sure the ref booked him for the kick, didn't look like anything was going to happen till Bassey jumped up and lifted his hands to push Devlin Beaton got involved, and booked Devlin for being pushed. Actually thought the player lifting his hands to another player is the one that should be booked, but hey, that would involve proper refereeing on a Sevco player.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:48 am