The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

St Mirren v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

St Mirren v Livi Empty St Mirren v Livi

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Feel we owe them one after losing our home game, when we were the better team, creating twice as many chances as them. Hopefully Bailey and Anderson are still on form in front of goals, and we score 2 or 3 goals past them this time.

A win would move us into 8th place, mon Livi, lets do this. bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

St Mirren v Livi Empty Re: St Mirren v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:42 pm

Hopefully we can return the favour & resume the away team winning pattern.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:41 am

Such a pity the international break came when it did.Hopefully the wee bit of momentum we built will carry on into this. As has been said, we owe them one after the last time against them.Ayo will be a miss,still can't get his sending off against Septic out of my head.Hopefully he'll learn from it.The players have had a wee rest and look good in training Hopefully Davie will have them up for this.A great opportunity to put more points on the board,albeit won't be easy.Got to go for it from the off.Reasonably confident we can get a result here and in that respect I wish them well.Mon the Lions.👊🦁👍.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:52 pm

Scrappy game so far from both.Cant say either side shaded it.Lots of silly fouls from both.Hopefully we step up in the second half,but Steven McLean the ref worries me.🤞.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:53 pm

Not one that will live in the memory,but two cracking goals from both, especially Nickys piledriver rescues a point away from home.As I said earlier, scrappy game but another point on the board.Well done lads.👍🦁👊.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:07 pm

Usual tight game against St Mirren, where whoever scores first usually wins it 1-0, only we go and blast in an equaliser to grab a point. Lost count of the games i've seen St Mirren players score goals like that against us too, worldy shots from outside the box that fly into our net. However we gave them the chance to do it, and you have to look to Martindale for not bringing on subs to change the flow of the game, 2nd half St Mirren had the  momentum to come at us and although their goal was a shot in a hundred, hitting it just perfect, they earned the goal from having all the possession in our half.
    Forrest was warming up, but it was 10 mins too late, he should've been on a lot sooner, then we bring on 3 subs as a reaction to going behind, rather than doing it sooner to get a grip of the game, and swinging it back to our favour. Good point in the end, but i feel we could've got all 3 had Martindale made changer earlier.

Anyway, cracking goal from Devlin to rescue a point, we normally would've lost this game after going behind against St Mirren, and although i think Martindale should've made the subs sooner, he did fire 3 subs on and it made the difference to get us a draw, so have to credit him for that too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:56 am

Interesting idea to blame DM for not making subs early enough to change the game & then praise him for making subs that changed the game 🤣

Any point away from home is a good point but we could do with a wee run of wins against teams in the bottom half just to lift us away from the bottom two.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:43 am

Yeah at least he did make them, eventually, and it got us a point, still should've made them earlier when the game was 0-0 and we weren't looking like getting anywhere near their goal. It was reactive rather than proactive, waiting far too long to get Forrest on.

Also not getting why Forrest was on the bench, and still there after 65 min mark, he's a far better player than Montano.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Liviforever wrote:Yeah at least he did make them, eventually, and it got us a point, still should've made them earlier when the game was 0-0 and we weren't looking like getting anywhere near their goal. It was reactive rather than proactive, waiting far too long to get Forrest on.

Also not getting why Forrest was on the bench, and still there after 65 min mark, he's a far better player than Montano.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Montano is a bit of a liability sometimes with his aggressive style of play.

A draw was a fair result yesterday. There is never much between us and St Mirren.

Thought the referee was ok yesterday. Shocked He didn't get everything right but he treated both sides much the same.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:05 am

Watching the highlights Montano was unlucky not to score with his header but woeful with his volley and his tackling is definitely lacking.

Two excellent finishes for the goals & a refreshing honesty from Goodwin on their possible pen at the end.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:34 am

Yeh,I think Montano flatters to decieve at times.One thing i noticed,wish we'd take more shots from outside the box.Some like Nicky are capable instead of overelaborating at times,could pay dividends.I like Goodwin.At times reminds me of Davie with his honesty and says it as he sees it.👏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:56 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Watching the highlights Montano was unlucky not to score with his header but woeful with his volley and his tackling is definitely lacking.

Two excellent finishes for the goals & a refreshing honesty from Goodwin on their possible pen at the end.

Puts too much onto his header when it only needed a glancing touch to guide it towards goal, already had plenty power from the delivery. Certainly got into good positions inside their box, think 3 decent chances fell to him.

Some through ball by Bailey leading up to our shot on goal, that Alnwick saved, before Devlin rifled it into the net. Actually think Devlin's goal was better than St Mirren's, the technique to get over the ball to keep it down, and it went flying along barely a foot off the ground right into the bottom corner. Although St Mirren's was spectacular, it looked a looping shot that just came off perfectly for him, more speculative in technique.

Yeah Troy i agree with you, we're needing to take more shots from outside the box, the St Mirren goal shows how you can get lucky catching one just right. Up till then they were never looking like scoring, or even troubling Stryjek.

Troy likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:55 am