The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Livi v County.

Troy

Livi v County. Empty Livi v County.

Post by Troy Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:52 pm

Honestly can't call this.If both teams turn up its gonna be edge of the seat stuff.Great result during the week for both,albeit Dundee were poor.County with their tails up will be a different proposition and I expect them to be up for this.However if Davie can have a positive game plan I reckon we've a great chance to progress to the next round,especially as we're at home.Anyway can't wait and as always Cmon the Lions.🦁👊👍🏆.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v County. Empty Re: Livi v County.

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:51 pm

Yeah, could go either way. Need to keep Cook quiet & have our own shooting boots on.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:42 pm

Don't know why,but came away from the game dissapointed.Yeh we're through and I guess that's all that matters..Was baffling why Omeonga and Anderson were subs when we were in the ascendancy in the game. Big Joel will take a couple of games to fit in.Nerve racking at the end.But avoided ET so credit to the lads for getting us over the line.Not pretty to watch but end of the day we're through. Bring it on.👍🦁👊🏆.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:09 pm

Yeah i'd rather see Nouble on the left with Anderson playing beside him in the centre, hopefully we'll get to see that in other games.

Omeonga is a reliable player for retaining possession, and not giving it away, something we struggled with when we subbed him off, thankfully we eventually managed to get a grip of possession and ended the game with a few attacks on their goal, had a feeling of inevitability about it when County were coming at us in waves, but we managed to see the game out.

Another great penalty by Obileye, nervy to watch but he never misses.

Glad MacKay kept Hungbo and Cook on the bench too, another strange decision.

Looking forward to drawing Raith at home in the next round now. lol!

Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:18 pm

Fechin Jambos at shitcastle next round.Draw could have been kinder,but nevertheless money in the bank regardless. Its a free hit and nothing to fear.League sustainment is still my priority.And thats what matters this season. I'll be there to cheer the lads on,hope Jambos keep the prices reasonable, but I doubt it.Theyl fleece us for everything they can get.Mon the Lions.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:45 pm

Troy wrote:Don't know why,but came away from the game dissapointed.Yeh we're through and I guess that's all that matters..Was baffling why Omeonga and Anderson were subs when we were in the ascendancy in the game. Big Joel will take a couple of games to fit in.Nerve racking at the end.But avoided ET so credit to the lads for getting us over the line.Not pretty to watch but end of the day we're through. Bring it on.👍🦁👊🏆.

The disappointment would have been having spent £15 and not seeing anything worth half that much. It was a poor game. We had the better of the first half but were defending for most of the second half. However, it was a cup tie, we won it & that’s all that matters. Away to Hearts in the next round so I suspect our cup adventure will end there.

The substitutions didn’t really help the flow of our play. I thought Forrest might do better than big Chuk who had been pretty poor in the first half (didn’t win a ball in the air, couldn’t pass or tackle, seemed to have good close control though) but Forrest’s first involvement was to give the ball away cheaply & put us under unnecessary pressure & he didn’t really do that much thereafter.

I thought Longridge had a decent game but the players that impressed me most were Ramsey & Spittal.

Based on the way DM set us up to play, I stand by what I said on the Dundee thread, he doesn’t know how to play to Nouble’s strengths. He has tunnel vision on the lone striker plan but fails to get our midfielders forward to help.
    I’d like to see us have two up top just to see how we get on.

Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:59 pm

Yeh Nick.The £15 quid didn't bother me .Reasonable i thought though as you say the fair on offer wasn't conjusive to silky football.Been so long since I've seen us with 2 up top cant remember. Both Chucky and Nouble will take time to integrate themselves into the team,but the promise is there.As you say we're in the next round but for me like many others the league is more important and the trip to Shitecastle is a bonus.👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:15 am

Hearts away is also another fixture we get regularly, and like the Raith one, ends up with the home team winning. Usually 1-0 Hearts, but you never know, this one might be different, we certainly have nothing to fear from them, we were very poor at Tynnie but made up for it at the Vale, completely dominating the first half, but undeservedly losing in the end. If we can get our formation correct we can beat them, ie, Nouble on the left, Anderson centre, and Bailey on the right, in a front three.

Agree with Nick, Martindale doesn't learn from past errors and persists with sticking players like Shinnie and now Nouble in the No9 position, when Anderson is the only player we've got that plays well there. Why the feck would you put Nouble there when in all his Arbroath games he's played wide and helped them score goals. He gets the ball up the pitch, gives us a great out ball, and creates chances for others, for the love of god play him in his best position.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:05 am