The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hearts v Livi (Scottish Cup)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hearts v Livi (Scottish Cup) Empty Hearts v Livi (Scottish Cup)

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:16 am

It's all looking good for us going into this, Hearts haven't won a game in Feb, couldn't even beat a shite Hibs team, absolutely scudded off Sevco, and lost to an even shitier Dundee at home. On the other hand we're on a decent bit of form and have a pretty settled looking team now, best its been all season, with a cracking midfield of Pitts-Holt-Omeonga, and now a good looking attack of Nouble-Anderson-Forrest (this has to be where Martindale plays them surely, gonna lose my shit if he sticks Nouble up front as a No9 again), and marauding WB's Devlin & Penrice, we're gonna win this. Mon the Lions. cheers
    orco
    orco

Hearts v Livi (Scottish Cup) Empty Re: Hearts v Livi (Scottish Cup)

Post by orco Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:24 am

I'd be more confident if the game was at Almondvale. Can't remember the last time we won at Tynecastle even when Hearts were rotten.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:58 pm

orco wrote:I'd be more confident if the game was at Almondvale. Can't remember the last time we won at Tynecastle even when Hearts were rotten.

I believe our last win there was in our first season in the SPL? I remember Jim Leishman doing the aeroplane on the pitch at FT. Happy days!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Beat them twice there that season as we “swept” them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:23 pm

Like Orco,I'd have preferred this at Almondvale but we have a genuine chance of progressing here.Its a one off and a free hit at glory.The priority for me is still the league as I suspect for most,but a money spinner in the next round would be welcome.Were on decent form as opposed to the Jambos,but I darent write them off at their own place.Im cautiously opptomistic we can get a favourable outcome here,but will need to be at the very top of our game to do so.Even if it takes ET and Pens would do for me,take note Ayo🤣.Anyways good luck to the Lions,we're right behind yous.👊🏆👍🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:55 am

Comparing recent results against the same opposition…

Livi 2 Dundee 0
    Rangers 1 Livi 0
    Hibs 2 Livi 3

Hibs 0 Hearts 0
    Rangers 5 Hearts 0
    Hearts 1 Dundee 2

Our results against the same teams and playing at the same places - in terms of home/away - are vastly superior to theirs. It should fill us with confidence but we all know that it’s not quite that simple when it comes to football, it’s never that predictable. We have a chance but I suspect we will need to be focused & switched on for the duration of the game, whether it lasts 90 mins, 120 mins or ends in pens. I think it will be tight & really could go either way. Craig Gordon has been known to destroy our hopes over the years.

Anyway, I’ll be there for my first visit to the tarted up Tynecastle. Last time I was there they still had the old stand, hopefully to see us lay another lengthy bogey.

In the bigger picture the league is more important but a cup run is always good fun while it lasts.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:47 pm

Kinda called it with ET and pens.The chances we got and never took cost us in the end.Gutted but as I said earlier, the league is our priority. Decent effort but was always going to be a task at shitecastle.Got to move on from this.Im going for a drink,need it after that.Crying or Very sad.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:15 pm

I thought we created the better chances, Bruce should have squared it to Joel in the first half & he’d have had a tap in. Also how unlucky were we when we hit the post in the second half? The offside decision was correct so no complaints there.

First 3 pens were excellent. Montano’s was struck well enough but unfortunately was too wide & hit the post, Ayo’s was on target but was woeful in terms of placement & had no power whatsoever.

Like Troy has said, the league is the most important thing & now we can fully focus on it.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:29 pm

Dead right Nick.As I said earlier despite the dissapointment among us.Retrospectively were close to our objective for this season.Big games coming up which will define our albeit punching above our weight again season.Smiles will be back.👍💛.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:23 pm

Thought the 2nd half we were the better team, but as subs were made our attacking options lessened and it looked like going to pens. Nouble started to get in behind them and we had 3 decent chances putting balls across their box, hitting the post and the offside goal. Max barely had anything to do till a late point blank save, didn't really look like saving any of the pens, but then again Gordon only saved one, and Monatano's miss meant Max didn't get the chance at a 5th one.

Getting closer to knocking them out the cup, think it was a 1-0 loss the last time we got them there, maybe we'll get them at home next time too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:55 am

I'd give Devlin MoTM for yesterday btw, some cracking sliding blocks he put in, throwing everything into them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:04 am

Sportscene commentator suggested Gordon actually finger tipped Montano’s onto the post; if so that was a top class save.

I would agree on Devlin; tremendous blocking slides; Penrice was top notch as well.

We were getting exposed down the right which is why Devlin had to make those interventions but for me the reason we were being exposed was the attempt to play 3-5-2 with Forrest as a wide player on the 5 but being asked to effectively be a wing back, he will track back but he is not a defender so his defensive positioning is not his strength. Second half we seemed to revert fo 4-3-3 and began causing them problems, with Penrice & Nouble in particular getting in behind. Forrest also looked better in a more attacking role.

Subbing off the main goal threats was disappointing and I think I’d like to see Ayo replaced as penalty taker of choice, his last two efforts have been woeful.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:39 pm

Aye Shinnie looks a very good penalty taker, would give it to him if he was on the pitch, if not then Holt, doubt Kelly will be getting many games, but also a well taken one. Holt did the wee stuttered run but put more power into it and sent Gordon the wrong way.

Gordon will have def had a good look at Obileye's pens from video footage, he held his nerve and i think it unnerved Ayo, rather than the other way around, making a comfortable save going the right way.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:22 pm

Yep, I agree on all of those points
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:17 pm

Forgot to mention it, but again the ref was decent, complete opposite of the card happy c**** we've been suffering recently, 120 mins of football and only 3 bookings, and just one of those a Livi player. Guid lad dismissed 2 Hearts penalty claims too.

That's 2 on the bounce we've had a decent ref.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:38 pm

Liviforever wrote:Forgot to mention it, but again the ref was decent, complete opposite of the card happy c**** we've been suffering recently, 120 mins of football and only 3 bookings, and just one of those a Livi player. Guid lad dismissed 2 Hearts penalty claims too.

It does help the referee mind you when the opposition don't try to con him with dives, screams etc something that St Johnstone and Aberdeen were guilty of.

I was speaking to someone before the Aberdeen game whose relative knows Callum Booth. According to him Booth said they had been told to go down at every opportunity. He also made the remark that Livi can be a bit naive.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:03 pm

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Forgot to mention it, but again the ref was decent, complete opposite of the card happy c**** we've been suffering recently, 120 mins of football and only 3 bookings, and just one of those a Livi player. Guid lad dismissed 2 Hearts penalty claims too.

It does help the referee mind you when the opposition don't try to con him with dives, screams etc something that St Johnstone and Aberdeen were guilty of.

I was speaking to someone before the Aberdeen game whose relative knows Callum Booth. According to him Booth said they had been told to go down at every opportunity. He also made the remark that Livi can be a bit naive.

Cheating or not, Napier and Clancy were absolute jokes, both should be nowhere near top flight officiating. Pretty embarrassing of players to carry on like that too, then excuse themselves by blaming the other team for being naive.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:43 am

And yet while St J won that match they still sit bottom of the table 11 points behind “naive” Livi…

He does have a point however, our guys tend not to be “streetwise” by trying to stay on their feet or by accepting a tackle was good & not claiming a foul at every contact or by getting too tight to the “streetwise” opponents.

For clarification “streetwise” is a modern euphemism for “dirty, cheating, diving, screaming git”

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:52 am

Auld Nick wrote:And yet while St J won that match they still sit bottom of the table 11 points behind “naive” Livi…

He does have a point however, our guys tend not to be “streetwise” by trying to stay on their feet or by accepting a tackle was good & not claiming a foul at every contact or by getting too tight to the “streetwise” opponents.

For clarification “streetwise” is a modern euphemism for “dirty, cheating, diving, screaming git”

Anderson doesn't, although he gets his fair share of bumps, pulls, and all in wrestling moves put on him too. Holt is a bit smarter when it comes to getting his body in front of opposition players to get bumped to the ground too, must've learnt it from Marv. Some of the opposition defenders don't even need contact to drop like a sack of spuds when under pressure though, and usually get fouls. The wee screams is just embarrassing, but seem to work, never seen so many players holding their heads to get the game stopped than this season too, then miraculously not having a head knock when being treated by the physio.

But yeah, i've seen our players a few times staying on their feet when they get knocked in the box, still should be clear to the ref they've been barged off balance to stop them shooting/getting in on goal, without having to tumble to the ground.

Aye it's working great for St Johnstone being streetwise, maybe if they tried to play football in a more positive way they'd have more points.  They def targeted Nouble for their dirty tricks, having played against him when at Arbroath earlier in the season they knew how to effectively cheat to get him booked, then sent off. And their fans are happy to call it being naive of him puting his arm out so their players can run into it and pretend to be hurt. Hope they enjoy trying those antics in the Championship.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:02 pm

Seems to be the norm these days and ref in general get suckered into these antics.For us its so infuriating the amount of soft fouls cards etc that we get against us so regularly. Suspect it won't change much.Just hope the suspensions don't harm us to much.Just waiting for them to kick in. 🤷‍�.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:17 am

I watched the Aberdeen v St Johnstone stream tonight. St Johnstone were at it again. Referees really have to wise up to these guys.

Neither team looked great and the draw suited us albeit we drop a place on goal difference.

Big game on Saturday. Unfortunately it looks like the weather might influence things. A win would be massive.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:17 am

orco wrote:I watched the Aberdeen v St Johnstone stream tonight. St Johnstone were at it again. Referees really have to wise up to these guys.

Neither team looked great and the draw suited us albeit we drop a place on goal difference.

Big game on Saturday. Unfortunately it looks like the weather might influence things. A win would be massive.

Got a brass neck on him.

From the BBC report.
    The St Johnstone manager has complained about refereeing decisions a few times of late. The manner of Aberdeen's equaliser will have done little to ease his frustration.

Bit of poetic justice for big mouth Booth.
    Aberdeen's impetus had waned until referee Gavin Duncan pointed to the spot. Booth caught Ramsay's heels, then challenged him clumsily again - this time inside the box - and while contact looked minimal, the penalty was given.

Booth being a bit naive. lol!

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:37 pm

Anderson doesn’t try to stay on his feet? Where did he learn his trade? At Pit-Tawdry - where it would appear falling over and screaming are part of the training program Very Happy
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:52 am

Auld Nick wrote:

Subbing off the main goal threats was disappointing and I think I’d like to see Ayo replaced as penalty taker of choice, his last two efforts have been woeful.

I think it depends on what kind of character Ayo is. If he's a confident guy, being dropped or removed from penalties might drive him on to improve. If he's a typical modern day player, he may well crumble under the pressure of failure Crying or Very sad
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:14 pm

ol1vercloff wrote:
    Auld Nick wrote:

I think it depends on what kind of character Ayo is.  If he's a confident guy, being dropped or removed from penalties might drive him on to improve.  If he's a typical modern day player, he may well crumble under the pressure of failure Crying or Very sad

He's primarily a defender, don't think it'll affect that side of his game. Still think he'll score a few goals for us when he's up for set pieces though, his last goal was pretty audacious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:14 pm