The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dundee v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Dundee v Livi Empty Dundee v Livi

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:39 pm

Wonder if this will be on, their game was called off tonight after a pitch inspection, a super duper grass pitch getting waterlogged, shocking.

Troy

Dundee v Livi Empty Re: Dundee v Livi

Post by Troy Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:41 am

Hopefully this will be on.Still a lot of water about.Davie was distraught after last week and rightly so.His claims of points dropped is bang on imo .For me i suspect our top six aspirations are dwindling as the weeks go on.Not giving up completely but I'm just glad we've got that cushion from the dread zone, although we know that could change so quickly. Massive game tomorrow and one that could potentially go a long way to defining our season.Its winnable ,but Dundee fighting for their proverbial lives will be a tough nut to crack,especially at their own place.Wee Danny is giving me the fear,but if we turn up we can make what he does immaterial. Any way good luck to the lads tomorrow and bring them points back over the Tay.👊🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:44 pm

Yep we'd have been sitting 4th if we'd hung on for another minute against County (or Obilye scored his Pen), and not given away that silly corner, and defended it properly against St Mirren.

However we're playing well and were the better team against both, only 3 pts between us and 4th place, top 6 is nowhere near gone for us. Only team above us to 4th place we've struggled against is Motherwell, and now Watt is away i reckon we'll beat them, he always gave us problems. Down side of that is, Utd have now got him. lol!

Anyway, think we need to win this then see where we sit, Aberdeen v Utd would be good if they got a draw, and Hearts get their shit together to beat St Mirren. Others are playing the erse cheeks so those pts should be relatively safe. Sevco always dodgy after a midweek European game but they're at home, so should win. Main thing for us is getting the 3 pts here.

Always advocated Nouble going on the left wing, but last week he showed he's equally good on the right, just not a No9 in the middle please. Looking forward to seeing more of Soto, looked a livewire full of tricks in his brief sub appearance against St Mirren. Hopefully Ayo will be fit, Boyes looks ok, but would rather have our settled CB pairing just now.

How about us trying Forrest in his best position on the left, and Nouble on the right, with Anderson in the centre of a front 3, mon Davie you know it makes sense.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:18 pm

I have the fear for this one, they have had decent results lately, even running the league leaders close. They are easily the worst side I’ve seen this season (our 0-0 up there was a terrible game between 2 poor teams… thankfully we have improved immensely since, they looked just as bad when we beat them at our place) but decent results foster confidence.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:57 pm

I don't think there will be much between the teams and if one wins it will likely be because fortune favoured them on the day. We're due a wee rub of the green.  Cool
    Bobby Madden the referee. Anything could happen. What a Face

Last edited by orco on Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:41 pm

It’s all going swimmingly at the minute - 3 up with Anderson (2) & Pittman on the scoresheet
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:48 pm

orco wrote:I don't think there will be much between the teams and if one wins it will likely be because fortune favoured them on the day. We're due a wee rub of the green.  Cool
    Tight game so far. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:57 pm

Yeh,hilarious L/F.Seriously game over,but how many times have I said that before.🥚.Really hope we don't take the foot off the gas.Dundee there for a tanking.Do it Livi.👊👊👊👍🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:33 pm

Up to 6th place, a point off 4th.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:02 pm

Yep and 11 points clear of St Johnstone in 10th.Terrific display from the Lions.Well deserved against a Dundee team staring relegation. As said ,into the top six we go.Would love to prove the pundits wrong again.Cant wait to see the smile back on Davies coupon after last week.Back on the rails again.Well done lads. 👍👊🦁💛.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:15 pm

orco wrote:I don't think there will be much between the teams and if one wins it will likely be because fortune favoured them on the day. We're due a wee rub of the green.  Cool

Brilliant punditry from the orco. They'll be offering me a spot on Sportscene if I'm not careful. Very Happy

It's good to be wrong. Cool

Now about that hammering we are going to get on Wednesday from Dundee United.......... Wink
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:32 pm

Liviforever wrote:Yep we'd have been sitting 4th if we'd hung on for another minute against County (or Obilye scored his Pen), and not given away that silly corner, and defended it properly against St Mirren.

However we're playing well and were the better team against both, only 3 pts between us and 4th place, top 6 is nowhere near gone for us. Only team above us to 4th place we've struggled against is Motherwell, and now Watt is away i reckon we'll beat them, he always gave us problems. Down side of that is, Utd have now got him. lol!

Anyway, think we need to win this then see where we sit, Aberdeen v Utd would be good if they got a draw, and Hearts get their shit together to beat St Mirren. Others are playing the erse cheeks so those pts should be relatively safe. Sevco always dodgy after a midweek European game but they're at home, so should win. Main thing for us is getting the 3 pts here.

Always advocated Nouble going on the left wing, but last week he showed he's equally good on the right, just not a No9 in the middle please. Looking forward to seeing more of Soto, looked a livewire full of tricks in his brief sub appearance against St Mirren. Hopefully Ayo will be fit, Boyes looks ok, but would rather have our settled CB pairing just now.

How about us trying Forrest in his best position on the left, and Nouble on the right, with Anderson in the centre of a front 3, mon Davie you know it makes sense.

Gone yerself Davie Martindale.

Some attacking front 3 we've got now, along with 2 cracking WB's in Devlin & Penrice. The physicality and skill in Nouble, combining well with Devlin to hit the byeline, and Forrest combining well with Penrice on the other wing, both very quick and direct. And Anderson getting into the centre of the 6 yard box for tap ins. Good to see Pitts getting in there too, he's superb at doing that but hasn't been as adventurous for a while.

Midfield is fantastic too, with Holt and Omeonga battling for everything, allowing Pitts to get up the pitch more.

Solid looking defence too, Fitzwater is having a brilliant season, and Ayo settled in well as his playing partner, Penrice and Devlin also excellent at getting in tackles in and around the box, chucking their bodies on the line for blocking shots too. Max is pretty decent at playing sweeper keeper too, cool under pressure.

This result gets us into the top 6, where we should've been weeks ago, now we need to keep it going and push ourselves up as far as we can go, top 3 look set, but absolutely nothing in it between us and Utd, no reason we can't target 4th place.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:38 pm

One thing still needing addressed though, noticed Dundee played a ball to the back of the 6 yard box and had a player getting a free header back across our box, came to nothing but ffs why are we still leaving that area an exclusion zone for Livi defenders, it'll cost us against better teams.

Oh and not even a yellow card for a Livi player today, did the SFA forget to tell Madden the script?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:47 am

Great result and we looked very good in the highlights on Sportscene.

I did say I had the fear about this one because of their recent decent results and the fright they gave Celtic; but let’s not get carried away, because I also said they are the worst team in the division. There are only 5 games to the split and there are 7 teams in with a chance of the last 3 top six places. With only 5 games to settle it one defeat or a few draws could be the difference… look at St Mirren, last week looking stick-ons for a top 6 place but a week later they have dropped back out…but they have a game in hand against Dundee so they will probably jump back in & push us out.

Midweek is now massive, if we can follow up yesterday with another win…

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:55 am

Auld Nick wrote:Great result and we looked very good in the highlights on Sportscene.

I did say I had the fear about this one because of their recent decent results and the fright they gave Celtic; but let’s not get carried away, because I also said they are the worst team in the division. There are only 5 games to the split and there are 7 teams in with a chance of the last 3 top six places. With only 5 games to settle it one defeat or a few draws could be the difference… look at St Mirren, last week looking stick-ons for a top 6 place but a week later they have dropped back out…but they have a game in hand against Dundee so they will probably jump back in & push us out.

Midweek is now massive, if we can follow up yesterday with another win…

Some of us have sunnier dispositions than others, mine are going full on top 6 and Europe. lol!

We'll beat Utd on Wed*, then Celtic AGAIN at the Spaghettihad, bring it on. bounce

Bursting to sing "are you Dundee in disguise" to them when we go 2 or 3 goals up. lol!

Nah seriously though, we're playing the best we have all season, with a settled team and formation, and Nouble brings us a whole new way of playing, having a big target man on the wing to bring in Pittman, Anderson, Forrest and Devlin to play in the final 3rd, it will be tough, but it's an exciting prospect for us, and we have absolutely nothing to fear from anyone.

Auld Nick likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:37 pm

Hibs v Celtic looking like heading for a 0-0 draw, moving them up to 4th, and us staying 6th. Hopefully Sevco put in a better performance against Motherwell, to keep them 7th.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:38 pm

Don’t get me wrong, we are - along with Ross County - probably the two form sides of the 7 with top 6/ Euro aspirations. IMO it would be excellent if both teams finished top 6 & if St Mirren also did it leaving the so called big clubs (Hibs, Dons, United & Well) in the bottom half- well that would be hysterically funny. But with just 5 games until the split, anything could still happen.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:18 pm

Useless erse cheeks letting us down today, esp Sevco chucking a 2 goal HT lead.

Big week coming up, 4 pts from our games against Utd & Celtic would be excellent, hopefully even beating Celtic again at home to make it 6 pts. Would put us in a strong position for top 6.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:55 pm

Click below to see Sky’s team of the week after our demolition of Dundee…

https://e1.365dm.com/21/04/master/skysports-totw-scottish-premiership_5689747.jpg
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:28 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Click below to see Sky’s team of the week after our demolition of Dundee…

https://e1.365dm.com/21/04/master/skysports-totw-scottish-premiership_5689747.jpg

Dundee v Livi Skyspo11

Forrest would have been in there too if he wasn't up against Cook, Carroll must've had a hell of a game too if he's kept Penrice out, and same with Woolery keeping Nouble out, prob just gave it to the 2 Motherwell players because we'd already got five selected. Laughing

Outstanding having 5 players in it though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 pm