The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Post Split Fixtures

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post Split Fixtures Empty Post Split Fixtures

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:05 pm

Anyone willing to bet against us only getting 2 home games from these last 5 fixtures, and end up playing 18 Home and 20 Away?

It's a nap we'll play 1 less home game than away game in our last 5 fixtures, looking likely it'll be Dundee away again, making it 1 home and 3 away against them, so Dundee don't get 1 less home game than St Johnstone, with those 2 in the relegation scrap. And feck Livi because we're up in 8th place and safer than Aberdeen and St Mirren.

So far we've played;

Aberdeen        H 2      A 1
    St Mirren        H 2      A 1
    Hibs               H 1      A 2
    Dundee          H 1      A 2
    ST Johnstone  H 1      A 2

So it should be straight forward playing Hibs, Dundee & St Johnstone at Home.

And Aberdeen & St Mirren Away.

But it never works out like that, because other teams will have complicated permutations of already having played 2 home ties against bottom 6 teams, and most of their home games still to play against top 6 teams, leaving them with only 1 bottom 6 club left to play at home and just 17 home games to 21 away, so someone will have to get the shitty end of the stick and have to sacrifice one of their due home games, up steps Livi.

Go on shock me SPFL and prove me wrong. Suspect

I loved the drama you got going into the split, esp this season with so many teams involved in the final pre split game trying to get into the top 6, but the post split fixtures is def a negative, as some teams (Livi) end up playing a home game less than the rest.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post Split Fixtures Empty Re: Post Split Fixtures

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:43 pm

I think the SPFL has proven you wrong…

On paper the hardest two games first
    Aberdeen away
    Hibs at home
    St J at home
    St M away
    Dundee at home

So we get to laugh at Dundee as they bow out (assuming they do finish bottom, which looks likely)
    Hopefully we don’t lose the first two & hit terminal velocity
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:47 pm

My cynicism was unfounded, we're playing 3 Home games and 2 Away, as we should be.

Post Split Fixtures Livi_s10
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:49 pm

Auld Nick wrote:I think the SPFL has proven you wrong…

On paper the hardest two games first
    Aberdeen away
    Hibs at home
    St J at home
    St M away
    Dundee at home

So we get to laugh at Dundee as they bow out (assuming they do finish bottom, which looks likely)
    Hopefully we don’t lose the first two & hit terminal velocity

Hopefully get to laugh at St Johnstone too, as we ensure they're in the play offs. Then support Arbroath and Jack Hamilton scoring against them in the final.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:55 am

Why is the last game at midday on a Sunday? In previous seasons the bottom 6 have played on the Saturday and the top 6 on Sunday.

Last edited by Auld Nick on Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:15 am

Yeh,pathetic Nick.SFA upto their usual shite.The bottom six normally play on a the Saturday.Shafted again with a Sunday midday fixture,and the last game to boot.Only consolation being relegating Dundee again.Shambles.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:30 pm

I think Dundee will be relegated before we play them, but we may have the pleasure of officially consigning St Johnstone to the play offs. And we can always sing songs about Doondee heading to the Championship to taunt them.

It would be better for us if they managed to keep it going till the last game right enough, so they'd be sure to bring 10,000 fans to stand on the hill again, and another 8,000 inside the ground.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:32 am