The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Season 2021/22 Player Awards

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Season 2021/22 Player Awards Empty Season 2021/22 Player Awards

Post by Liviforever Wed May 18, 2022 5:17 pm

Directors PoTY- Scott Pittman

Players PoTY - Jason Holt

Fans PoTY- Nicky Devlin

Coaches PoTY- Jack Fitzwater

That covers our best players nicely, Holt, Devlin and Fitzwater have been outstanding and difficult to choose between them, the Directors giving one to Pitts is a nice touch too, for services rendered.

Players YPoTY- Bruce Anderson

Fans YPoTY- Bruce Anderson

Coaches YPoTY- James Penrice

Bruce is obv choice and gets two awards, but good to see James getting one too, think he deserves it, we've missed him down the left wing in the run in after he picked up an injury, balances out Devlin on the other wing nicely.

Goal of the season goes to Ayo Obileye for his deft touch and flick into the net past an Aberdeen defender and keeper, brilliant goal.

And finally the top goal scorer award to that man again, Bruce Anderson, for his 13 goals this season, again we missed him big time in the run in after he was injured. He was only 2 goals behind Regn Charles-Cooke for top Premiership goal scorer too, and played 9 less games, a real shame he picked up an injury and missed those games.
    Troy

Season 2021/22 Player Awards Empty Re: Season 2021/22 Player Awards

Post by Troy Mon May 23, 2022 7:47 pm

Wee recollection of the season just finished and a personal summary. I said at the start of the season I'd hoped for 9th place,delighted I got that wrong.7th place was more than I expected but absolutely merited from the lads and thoughrally deserved. Highs and lows for me.Lows first.Maxs howler start of the season and obviously heartbreak against Motherwell. But for me more highs than lows were witnessed.The wins against Celtic and Hibs stick out.And the wee unbeaten runs we had that kept us well clear of the bottom were superb, and not forgetting a genuine chance of a top six finish cruelly taken away from us. The quality throughout the team was pleasing to see among the old heads and new.All in all we did better than I expected and Davie Marv and all the lads deserve the plaudits that have come there way.Got my 27th season ticket renewed this morning and cant wait to get my fat arse back on familiar territory. Have a relaxing close season lads and lassies and prepare for what will undoubtedly be another roller coaster ride for us Lions.Lol.T.👏💛🦁👍.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon May 23, 2022 9:50 pm

I got my season ticket this afternoon Troy - my 26th. I'm just a newcomer compared to you. 😄
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon May 23, 2022 9:55 pm

Its not how long you've been here Orco,Its how long you stay here.And wel be here right to the end.Lol.T.💛👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 23, 2022 10:04 pm

I’m just a glory hunter - only started getting season tickets in our first season in the top flight but we have been here ever since.

Troy likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 24, 2022 1:16 am

Aye it has been a bit up and down for us this season, grim at times, looking like a relegation scrap, after the horrendous start to our season due to covid and other illnesses, but we gradually found our groove once players got back to full fitness and almost pulled off a top 6 finish.

Superb from the players to have such a strong post split run in too, esp after the disappointment of conceding such a late goal against Motherwell and see our top six spot taken away from us. Winning back to back games against Hibs and Aberdeen was massive for us, and staying undefeated post split to get best of the rest outside top six. Was great finishing on a high and gives us all plenty of belief going into next season.

Looking forward to seeing who else we bring in, our signings so far are looking good, can't wait to see the likes of Nouble after a good pre season under his belt, and how many goals he can help Bruce score.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:12 pm