The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Kraig
Liviforever
6 posters

Pre Season Games 2022/23

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Pre Season Games 2022/23 Empty Pre Season Games 2022/23

Post by Liviforever Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:35 pm

Not long till the season starts now, and our first pre season game is against Morton on Saturday. Then Linlithgow Rose on Tuesday.
    Kraig

Pre Season Games 2022/23 Empty Re: Pre Season Games 2022/23

Post by Kraig Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:41 pm

They have a friendly in Spain tomorrow against SELECCIÓN DE TERCERA. St. Johnstone are over there just now also so not sure if there will be time to squeeze in another before they are due back on Wednesday.

https://pinatararena.com/football_center/games
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:33 pm

Kraig wrote:They have a friendly in Spain tomorrow against SELECCIÓN DE TERCERA. St. Johnstone are over there just now also so not sure if there will be time to squeeze in another before they are due back on Wednesday.

https://pinatararena.com/football_center/games

3-0 Livi, this was the starting XI

Pre Season Games 2022/23 Team_i10

Kraig likes this post

Kraig

Post by Kraig Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:40 pm

Good to see Bruce back playing! Also Christian getting a run out, he's a player that I think didn't get much of a chance last season, yet gave his all any time he got the chance to play. If we manage to keep hold of that starting 11 then we have a great base for the newcomers coming in. Any news on scorers or subs? I can't find much information on the game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:31 pm

Nope don't see anything in the way of a match report, just the score and some pics.

Nothing at all on our twitter of OS fixtures.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:06 pm

Will be good to get back tomorrow even if its only a friendly. Should be a decent game and I'm sure Dougie Imrie will have his team fired up.Not sure what to expect from us.Think Davie will give as many players a run out as he can.Dont know if we'll see any of the newbies yet.Heard him saying Goncalves is a bit away from starting, and Parkes still recovering from his op. Nevertheless looking forward to getting back to the stadium. Can only take so much of Golf Tennis Rugby etc.🤣.Bring it on.🦁👊🍻.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:46 pm

Not watched any golf, tennis or rugby, but have missed the football.

Pissing of rain, it must be football season starting up. bounce
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:21 pm

Wonder if Schwake will be allowed to play in goal for Morton against us, don't think they have another keeper.

A few ex Livi players in their team, Lithgow, Pignatiello, Blues, Kyle Jacobs, and Imrie as their manager.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:39 am

Be good to see Big Al again.Reckon Schwake will play as its a friendly. Probably lots of subs by both sides.But the Livi factor will make it more interesting here.Looking forward to it.Probably not a big crowd but great to be back.Mon the Lions.🦁👊👍.
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:44 pm

Well well well -
    Trialists 23 & 29 both looked quite good.
    Goncalves is nowhere near match fit
    Max's head is up his arse
    Jack out for the season already ??
    Davie you've some work to do
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:55 pm

It was essentially the first real friendly of the pre-season, first Hammy had to replace Anderson before kick off, then got injured in the opening half hour to be replaced by Goncalves who was known to be short on fitness. On top of that 3 triallists were involved, which makes it a highly experimental line up.  So I wouldn’t read too much into the result.

Now is the time to get guys fit for the real games coming up. Of course it’s nice to win but losing pre-season friendlies is not worth worrying about.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:44 pm

Yeh,agree with your sentiments Nick.But pre season is as you say is about getting players up to a reasonable speed and ready for more sterner tests ahead.Thing is a mid table championship side looked so comfortable against us.Granted defensive we imploded for their goals.Couldnt believe Anderson got injured in the warm up FFS.Then Hamilton who my reserves are still there comes off.Enter Goncalves.Overwheight and unfit clearly showed.Havent givin my seasons expectations as yet.But its coming.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:56 pm

An own goal and two others gift wrapped in shiny paper. Apart from that I thought we looked not too bad given it was our first game. Morton defended well too. Max needs to get his head sorted though.

Troy likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:01 pm

orco wrote:An own goal and two others gift wrapped in shiny paper. Apart from that I thought we looked not too bad given it was our first game. Morton defended well too. Max needs to get his head sorted though.

Aye apart from the 3 goals we conceded we were no bad. lol!

Joking aside i agree with you Orco, esp 2nd half, thought we controlled most of the game but had no end product, could've done with someone either shooting or firing the ball hard and low across the 6 yard box. Bring back Alan Forrest. Sad  Far too much trying to pass it into the net.

Think the trialists are all the players we've meant to have signed, sure Ayo's replacement was Cancar, who looked far more assured on the ball, No23 was Bahamboula, and 29 was Bitsindou. Bahamboula looked very decent, energetic and immediately looking to get things going in attack. Just need a striker who can score some goals, hope to feck Bruce isn't seriously injured.

Hopefully that's Max got it out of his system for the season ahead, can't afford him having these brain fart moments, did that sort of pass against Sevco last season, hitting it straight out to Morelos.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:13 pm

Maybe my standards are too high.Wasnt totally over whelmed by the trialists today.Our lack of firepower up front concernes me though.Bruce injured again, Jack injured,Goncalves as I've said,overweight and unfit.What 3 weeks to go to the start of the season proper.But hey nevermind ,just the first game of the season, so doesn't matter.The he'll it does.So many didn't turn up today,fans and players alike Unfortunately I did.And didn't like what I saw.Concerned or what.🤷‍�.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:34 pm

I really thought one of the trialists was Omeonga. He looked like him (from a distance anyway)n and played like him.
    Forgot to say I love watching Nouble take on players. He leaves them in his wake. He just seems reluctant to shoot though. That's maybe something he needs to work on.
    Edited to add - apparently, according to Callum Carson it was Omeonga. Strange??
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:14 pm

Yep, def was Omeonga, was he only on a one year deal and having to get international clearance again?

Wonder if Brexit is fecking up the international clearance on all our foreign signing, Cancar, Bitsindou, Bahamboula, and Omeonga all listed as trialists.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:18 pm

Troy wrote:Maybe my standards are too high.Wasnt totally over whelmed by the trialists today.Our lack of firepower up front concernes me though.Bruce injured again, Jack injured,Goncalves as I've said,overweight and unfit.What 3 weeks to go to the start of the season proper.But hey nevermind ,just the first game of the season, so doesn't matter.The he'll it does.So many didn't turn up today,fans and players alike Unfortunately I did.And didn't like what I saw.Concerned or what.🤷‍�.

We knocked it about well enough and built up attacks getting it into their box, was just no cutting edge to finish moves off. Morton barely laid a glove on us till we self destructed with Ayo and Max giving them a huge hand. Maybe we should try and sign up their player who stuck 2 goals away when we gave them the ball outside our box, he certainly was clinical with the gift horses we presented to them, something we were lacking.

Meant to say earlier, Schwake with a touch of the DJ's falling down to the ground at every opportunity when getting the ball, time wasting like buggery, wasn't exactly endearing himself to the Livi fans, maybe he forgot it's us he's signed to. Hard to assess his performance as we didn't actually have a serious shot on goal all game.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:31 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Troy wrote:Maybe my standards are too high.Wasnt totally over whelmed by the trialists today.Our lack of firepower up front concernes me though.Bruce injured again, Jack injured,Goncalves as I've said,overweight and unfit.What 3 weeks to go to the start of the season proper.But hey nevermind ,just the first game of the season, so doesn't matter.The he'll it does.So many didn't turn up today,fans and players alike Unfortunately I did.And didn't like what I saw.Concerned or what.🤷‍�.

We knocked it about well enough and built up attacks getting it into their box, was just no cutting edge to finish moves off. Morton barely laid a glove on us till we self destructed with Ayo and Max giving them a huge hand. Maybe we should try and sign up their player who stuck 2 goals away when we gave them the ball outside our box, he certainly was clinical with the gift horses we presented to them, something we were lacking.

Meant to say earlier, Schwake with a touch of the DJ's falling down to the ground at every opportunity when getting the ball, time wasting like buggery, wasn't exactly endearing himself to the Livi fans, maybe he forgot it's us he's signed to. Hard to assess his performance as we didn't actually have a serious shot on goal all game.

Sign me then cos I think I could have scored those. 😏
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:09 pm

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Sign me then cos I think I could have scored those. 😏

Aye in our minds we all think we could, reality is a bit different though. lol!  3rd goal they at least had to work a bit for it, making a few passes, and it was a good finish, 2nd one was just a straight forward hit back into our goal after Max gave it to him.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:25 am

2nd and 3rd goals on twitter for anyone wanting to relive it. https://twitter.com/i/status/1543322479384559619

How can Max not see their player as he throws it out to him for the 3rd, total brain fart moment. Good pressure from Morton closing him down for their 2nd, but he still should've been quicker getting rid of the ball, really needs to give himself a shake making those kind of mistakes, Ivan will be taking his jersey if he does that again, may even be replacing him for the Linlithgow game, maybe the cup games too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:29 pm

He made some dodgy mistakes early last season… hopefully that’s his early season dodgy mistakes out of the way.

Much rather he did it in meaningless training exercises than is competitive games
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:34 pm

On the Livi twitter that Cancar's international clearance is now through so he's officially a Livingston player.

Guessing Omeonga's must have been a one season deal and has to have clearance again, so still waiting on his, and the others listed as trialists.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:45 pm

Hopefully a decent run out tonight against Lithgea.Surely we'll be professional albeit a friendly. Cant be any worse than Saturdays debacle.Not heard any injury updates from Davie,but hopefully nothing to serious. Expect a similar turnout as Saturday though Lithgea might bring a few over.Will be there as usual.Mon the Lions. 👊🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:24 pm

@LiviFCOfficial
    Replying to @LiviFCOfficial
    Konovalov, Brandon, Cancar, Trialist, Penrice, Kelly, Trialist, Shinnie©️, Mullin, Montaño & Goncalves.

Subs - Trialist, Longridge, Clark, Pittman, Holt, Obileye, Trialist & Nouble.

Penrice back playing is good news, Mullin in the team too. Wonder who the trialist CB replacing Obileye is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:31 pm