The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Motherwell v Livi

orco
    orco

Motherwell v Livi Empty Motherwell v Livi

Post by orco Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:40 pm

There's just something about this fixture that puts the hex on us winning. Even in our first spell in the SPL wins were few and far between.
    Right now I'd take a draw but a win would be lovely
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Motherwell v Livi Empty Re: Motherwell v Livi

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:12 pm

Aye we're usually pish against them, but this season has the makings of something special, and i've got a feeling in my gut we're winning this. bounce
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:37 pm

Fir Park is a notoriously hard place to visit for us over the years,and tomorrow will be no different i reckon.No point in guessing Davies starting line as I suspect it will be Dejavu all over again.For a change weve got a bit of momentum going into this and I reckon we could sneak this.But on the side of caution, I agree with Orco in that a point wouldn't be disastrous. But of course I want 3.This start to the campaign seems too good to be real,but it is.Go for it Livi.🦁👊👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:39 pm

We owe them a good doing but my last visit to Fir Park saw us lose 6-2 to a rampant McFadden & co…

In two minds whether to go to this one… might give it a miss.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:00 pm

Anderson not even in the squad for this game.

Just read he's injured, maybe see Josh Mullin getting a game coming on as sub, hardly been near the team since his earlier good goal scoring form in the pre season and cup games.

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:14 pm

Predictable lineup,but yeh no Anderson. Got to be injured,hasn't he?.🤷‍�.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:54 pm

Neither goalkeeper tested in that first half.Sums up the game so far.Once again powerderpuff up front from us.Theve been no better tbh.1 goal could take this,hopefully from us.Mon the Lions.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:07 pm

Fechin ragin after that.Dont think we deserved to win that,but to lose it in that fashion was criminal. Why these officials wear Specksavers on their arms makes an absolute joke to the affore mentioned company.Utterly embarrassing decision to award that.And when they see it back they better hold their hands up.Typical SFA Blunderland at its best but it continues. We weren't at the races today but didn't deserve to lose in that fashion.They were shite as well imo pardon the pun.Cant wait to see the so called experts explain that one if they dare.Shambles.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:19 pm

As I said on the other thread we can’t be trumpetting Noobs as a “goal scoring centre forward” until he produces it consistently.

However I do wish DM was would mix it up a bit; Mullin for example was in the team and scoring but has found himself on the bench since. Why? Ok it wasn’t the highest level of opposition but when you get in the groove of scoring you gain momentum & confidence that you will find the target and at the very least work he keeper.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:39 pm

Auld Nick wrote:As I said on the other thread we can’t be trumpetting Noobs as a “goal scoring centre forward” until he produces it consistently.

However I do wish DM was would mix it up a bit; Mullin for example was in the team and scoring but has found himself on the bench since. Why? Ok it wasn’t the highest level of opposition but when you get in the groove of scoring you gain momentum & confidence that you will find the target and at the very least work he keeper.

Nobody scores every game, not at this level anyway, not even Dykes or Anderson did either. If he gets between 10-15 goals he'll have been as good as any striker we've had at this level, and so far he's on 2 in 4 games.

We're set up to grind out a result with the amount of midfielders we flood the pitch with, so expecting a lot of games like this, shame Anderson was injured as he could be the difference in these type of games to get us something, both him and Nouble together would cause plenty of problems for defences.

Motherwell fans on P&B not thinking it was a pen, or deserving 2 yellows for Bahamboula either, but we're used to these sort of decisions screwing us, sounds like we deserved a draw, which would've been a decent result playing Motherwell away.

Agree with you about Mullin, it has been frustrating not seeing Anderson and Mullin getting games, both were on form attacking players but dropped from the team by DM for a more defensive set up, to shitehouse our way through games.

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:06 pm

Ive said my peice on todays game.And il leave it there.Motherwell will be delighted to have gotten away with one there.We on the other hand albeit subject to abject official deficiencies were overall poor today.Didnt know about Bruce's injury pre match but seeing how non offensive we were today the end result debatable or not didn't surprise me .So early in the season so not wetting my pants just yet.But if there's a chance,just a wee one mind while there's time,I'd look to bring one more striker in if possible. Today being the case.Bruce injury prone,Joel can't do it all on his own.Hate Saturday nights like this.On the plus side,fridge is well stocked.🤣🍻.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:43 pm

Could be worse Troy, you could be a Utd supporter.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:02 pm

Aye L/F I noticed that.From Europe to relegation foder.How the mighty have fallen.Think im on my 7th can writing this.Will stop before I start spouting gibberish with respect to our forum.Forgive me.👍🍻🍻🍻.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:14 am

What is it about that place?!!??!

We were off colour today compared to recent weeks. Nouble hardly got a look in and when he had the ball he was uncharacteristically losing it.
    The officials were poor. Apart from the horror show of the non penalty Motherwell were given every 50/50 ball and rarely pulled up for hanging on to Nouble.
    The sending off was ridiculous. The lad was hardly on the pitch when he got the first yellow for more or less barging into their player. A foul? - of course - but a booking was harsh. The second yellow again was an innocuous foul made to look worse than it was by the histrionics of the Motherwell player who bounced up as soon as the card was out.
    Montano played well and Omeonga was full of fight. The report on the rest was - could do better.
    So Pittodrie next week and Hearts the week after. We could have been doing with getting something today because those next two will be hard games. Hope the lads are back up for it next week or we could be on a wee slide. And of course a decent referee will only be a bonus but there's not many of them around these parts. 😏
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:12 am

Having watched the highlights- never a handball in a million years, the officials took almost as long to award it as a VAR decision (exaggerating but you know what I mean) and neither of them could possibly have seen clearly so could not have been 100% sure it was a handball… and it clearly wasn’t a handball anyway. I can handle officials making honest errors but this one just shows them to be inept and unfit for the job. If you or I made an error like that in our jobs we could lose that job.

The two yellow for Bahamboula were equally inept decisions, as even Michael Stewart pointed out, not all contact is a foul & not all fouls deserve a card. There is even doubt as to whether the second incident was even a foul as it looks like no contact was made at all.

1 inept decision is bad enough, but 3 in the space of 10 minutes? Walsh should not be seen on a pitch again this season but he will no doubt have another match this weekend because these guys are never held to account .

Annoying too that DM had toyed with changing our starting xi for this one but decided against it. The problem of sticking to that formation is it becomes predictable & if the opposition doesn’t have much to offer other than stifling a game themselves… yawnfest ensues.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:09 pm

Yeah he admits his mistakes in the post match interview.

Stuck to the same shape even though he knew he should change it a bit, but didn't like to drop some players he'd have had to for the new formation to work. Hopefully learns from it and makes those tough decisions in the future.

You can't stick rigidly to the same shape and player selection for every single game, opposition teams aren't all the same. This is a game i was hoping to see Bruce starting, one we could've attacked more, yes Bruce was injured but still, we needed to set up with a more attacking threat than we did, we all knew it going into the game and looks like DM knew too, needs to listen to himself the next time.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:34 pm

orco wrote:What is it about that place?!!??!

We were off colour today compared to recent weeks. Nouble hardly got a look in and when he had the ball he was uncharacteristically losing it.
    The officials were poor. Apart from the horror show of the non penalty Motherwell were given every 50/50 ball and rarely pulled up for hanging on to Nouble.
    The sending off was ridiculous. The lad was hardly on the pitch when he got the first yellow for more or less barging into their player. A foul? - of course - but a booking was harsh.  The second yellow again was an innocuous foul made to look worse than it was by the histrionics of the Motherwell player who bounced up as soon as the card was out.
    Montano played well and Omeonga was full of fight. The report on the rest was - could do better.
    So Pittodrie next week and Hearts the week after. We could have been doing with getting something today because those next two will be hard games. Hope the lads are back up for it next week or we could be on a wee slide. And of course a decent referee will only be a bonus but there's not many of them around these parts. 😏

Having brought myself to watch the highlights on Sportscene, more to just see the flashpoints of the game being analysed, it's Sean Goss cheating like buggery to get them the pen and Bahamboula's 2nd yellow, both times he influences the decision hugely. Jumps around wildly claiming for hand ball when it was clearly nothing of the kind, and rolls about like his leg has been maimed badly when it's even debatable if there was any contact. Doesn't detract from the incompetence of the officials, esp at the penalty, when both Linesman and referee hadn't a clear view* themselves, and allowed themselves to be influenced by a cheating player clearly at it.

*Lamie and Goss had perfect views of it hitting Montano's body, no way they couldn't see it hadn't hit his arm, Goss was just chancing his arm (pardon the pun) and got away with cheating.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:23 pm

Bit annoying these Ref decisions costing us so much already, so early in the season, that's 2 games we should've had a point, Sevco being the other one with Obileye not getting his equaliser against them. We could be sitting on 8 pts and undefeated in our first 4 Premiership games, 6 pts is still great but the psychological boost being undefeated would've been huge for us, instead we're feeling down after another defeat.
    When will officials have accountability for their incompetence, just one point can have a massive difference in a season, last season a point could've gained us about 500K more in gate money, plus a place in Europe, if we'd made top 6. Would be even more costly if it gets a team relegated.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:07 pm

I think we suffer from poor refereeing more than other clubs. For a start they all have it rammed into their heads, mostly by opposition managers, that we are a physical team so we rarely get the benefit of the doubt. We are no more physical than any other team and less so than some.
    The other factor that influences referees, especially Scottish ones, is the roar of a crowd. Even when we play at home  we often have less fans than our opponents.
    It is laziness on the part of the officials if they don't attempt to be fair to both teams. As usual yesterday Nouble was held and impeded but got little protection. That was in contrast to our televised game with Rangers when the ref obviously had to be more careful to show consistency in front of the cameras.
    It's the same every season. We are constantly let down by the guys in the middle and it is costing us financially.
    I do like a good rant. 😏
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:19 pm

Cant say I've noticed Orco🤣.But your dead right.We are no more physical than any team in this league.And weve been saying for years,that crowds do influence decisions, its so bloody obvious. Not crowd related,but takes me back to the 5 0 against the Jambos.The ref had some belting decisions in that game.And who was the ref that night none other than Nick Walsh.Hes still as hopeless as he was back then,Dunderheid.🙈.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:32 pm

Did you see the County v Killie game on Sportscene, fecking hell that tackle/assault by Callachan, and he didn't get a red card. Went in well after the ball was played away, with the sole intention on halfing his man, caught him with a scissor tackle too, lucky he didn't seriously injure the guy breaking his leg.

I'd argue the polis should get involved and arrest him for it, that wasn't anything but an assault trying to seriously harm the opposition player. If i was the Killie player i'd have been waiting for him in the carpark afterwards.

Anyway, they get a ref allowing leg breaking tackles to get yellow cards and we get one booking our player for not being able to stop when a Motherwell player cut across his path, then a 2nd yellow for another tackle that he was conned into giving a booking by the same cheating aunt claiming for the penalty.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:48 pm

Liviforever wrote:Did you see the County v Killie game on Sportscene, fecking hell that tackle/assault by Callachan, and he didn't get a red card. Went in well after the ball was played away, with the sole intention on halfing his man, caught him with a scissor tackle too, lucky he didn't seriously injure the guy breaking his leg.

I'd argue the polis should get involved and arrest him for it, that wasn't anything but an assault trying to seriously harm the opposition player. If i was the Killie player i'd have been waiting for him in the carpark afterwards.

Anyway, they get a ref allowing leg breaking tackles to get yellow cards and we get one booking our player for not being able to stop when a Motherwell player cut across his path, then a 2nd yellow for another tackle that he was conned into giving a booking by the same cheating aunt claiming for the penalty.

They refs have got it in for Livi. Too many instances of us being on the wrong side of decisions. It's a conspiracy ah tell ye.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:05 pm

No one likes us… we don’t care
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:32 pm

Callachan and another County player being offered a retrospective ban by the CO.

Interesting that the County manager thought Killie were a big physical team and it would be a battle.

Gold Members
    Posted 1 hour ago (edited)
    Ross County manager Malky Mackay: "It was a good win on a real hard-fought day, which we knew would be the case. Derek came with a physical, big team and we knew it would be a challenge.

Then County players were all wound up and got carried away with mad tackles. Happened to us all the time, opposition managers telling their players we were a big physical team and getting them all psyched up to play us, then we got kicked off the pitch, and the ref let them away with it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:18 pm

I though Callachan was red carded on Saturday and County scored when they were down to 10 men?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:47 am