The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livingston v Motherwell 2nd Jan.

Troy

Livingston v Motherwell 2nd Jan. Empty Livingston v Motherwell 2nd Jan.

Post by Troy Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:05 pm

Bit early with this,so won't go on yet.Just a question. What's happened to Kurtis Guthrie.Looked usefull for us early doors,must have got injured.With Joel looking like he may be out although we haven't been told the results of his scan.We could do with a bit of help for Bruce up front.Thoughts troops?.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livingston v Motherwell 2nd Jan. Empty Re: Livingston v Motherwell 2nd Jan.

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:40 pm

He’s injured, happened at home months ago
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:42 pm

Any idea for how long Nick.I know Parkes was long term,but Guthrie?.🤷‍�.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:57 pm

But but but.. we've got Goncalves. We are not doomed. 🙄
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:02 pm

See you've started early Orco.Ive got the financial resources to facilitate a taxi to take him wherever he ends up.Honest.🚕🤣.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:22 am

Troy wrote:Any idea for how long Nick.I know Parkes was long term,but Guthrie?.🤷‍�.

I remember it looked bad at the time, DM has been mentioning him in a number of the pre-game videos when listing injured players. Never has given any indication of a return schedule.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:48 pm

Guthrie isn't the answer to our striker situation either, not if he's played as a target man anyway, cause he just isn't strong enough and goes to ground whenever i've seen a defender challenging him for a high ball.

Worrying about Nouble if he's got some wee niggle bothering his knee, that keeps flaring up, the way he gets kicked and fouled all game wont help if it isn't 100% ok.

Anderson is an effective No9 if played properly, we need to be getting him into the box and feeding him though. New signing Bradley will be available for this, now we can officially play him with the January transfer window opening. He showed up well in the Titanic cup games, scoring a couple of goals, hopefully he's going to be just as good for us in the league.

Motherwell's serial cheat Sean Goss will no doubt be trying to get one of our players sent off, so we'll need to be careful around him, was him doing the dying swan act for Bahamboula's 2nd yellow, and also the one jumping up and down claiming for a hand ball penalty when it came off Montano's midriff.  

I'd love to beat these feckers, but we always struggle against them, and they're usually pretty physical too, yet somehow get away with a lot. Can see a low scoring draw or Motherwell nicking it by a goal, hope i'm wrong and we take all 3pts.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:02 pm

Would be terrific to take 3 points from this.However taking into account the number of crucial players absent for one reason or another id take a point.I don't think Wells injuries etc are as damaging as ours and I feel it will be a tough ask to take something from this.The loss of Holt and Pitts is massive for us.I can see the 2 Kelly's and possibly Bahamboula been pulled in to a more midfield option,but with Davie you never know.Wasnt suggesting that Guthrie would be an option as a target man,but surely would be a better option than Goncalves to help Bruce out.But having heard nothing from Davy would suggest he's still recovering from injury.Anyway slightly nervous but looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully get 2023 of to a flyer. Mon the Lions.👍🦁⬆.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:19 pm

Just to edit,forgot about Omeonga. Wouldn't mind seeing him with the two Kelly's. 👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:56 pm

Davie mentions Guthrie in one or two of his recent interviews on YouTube, he is still injured and he doesn’t give any indication of when he’ll be back.

Troy likes this post

orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:11 pm

That Van Veen scares me. Motherwell always seem to have a big striker. They owe us for that farcical penalty they got at Fir Park and for stealing the points on the last game of the season that would have had us in the top six.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:46 pm

Garbage. Has the team returned from the World Cup break? Cos most of that bunch in Livi shirts today looked like imposters.

George - indecisive, doesn’t come for crosses, doesn’t communicate & regardless of DM’s comments his distribution is mostly poor.
    Devlin - woeful first pen but at least he tried for the rebound. Even more woeful second pen and he didn’t even try for the rebound. Apart from that he was average, he can play a lot better.
    Obileye - bombscare
    Boyes - not his best performance but generally safe & a good goal
    Montano - Didn’t get going the way we know he can but was safe enough
    Bahamboula - Same as Montano
    S Kelly - hot & cold
    St Kelly - best player on the pitch but that wasn’t hard
    Shinnie - largely anonymous, looked a yard off the pace
    Penrice - pass marks
    Anderson - worked hard but didn’t get much in the way of service
    Bradley - looks like he might give us something
    Omeonga - did okay when he came on
    Goncalves - looks more overweight & less fit than when the season started, he’s so poor there is not another team in the country who’d even take him on loan.

I’ve just read the reason the pen was retaken, Devlin handled before scoring but Kelly was off his line. Therefore retake. I thought Kelly looked off his line on the second pen but I’ve not seen it.

Got to ask why Ivan got dropped, he had done nothing wrong and pulled off a worldy of a save against St Midden. At least he comes for crosses. I could understand it if Shamal was clearly better but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that he is. Also got to ask why Goncalves is still getting sub appearances, a tiring Bruce is still more of a threat than a fresh Esme.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:10 pm

The boo boys need to take a look at themselves. In previous seasons we would have went for a late win and fucked it. We were hopeless today and deserved a point maximum.

We also do not boo our own players. Leave that toxicity in the past where it belongs. Goncalves deserves the same support that the other players receive.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:33 am

When you are missing players of the quality of Pittman, Holt and Nouble and how they have fitted into the team over the first part of the season it is little wonder that we didn't quite look ourselves today. You can add to that losing Montano for the second half

VAR is spoiling the game imo. I suppose it was a penalty according to the modern rules re handball but I'd have been raging if it had been us. In saying that it has been us on the end of those decisions several times this season. It's the nitpicking that irritates me. It took a very eagle eyed VAR guy to spot that Devlin handball. I had to do a frame by frame and even then it hardly looked deliberate. The amount of time that passed was ridiculous.
    In the end I was satisfied with the point because I didn't think either team deserved to win.
    We will miss those key players again up at Dingwall next week and Ross Country have improved from the side we played at home.
    Those sending offs are proving very costly.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:14 am

Yeh,we missed to many key players yesterday. Actually felt for Bruce ploughing that lonesome furrow up front on his own.Frustrating to watch.Least said about the pen misses the better, having see the replay i think we were lucky to get it in the first place. Only real highlight for me was young Bradley, thought he looked decent and could turn out to be a good signing for us.Agree that the booing was out of order but most fans making their feelings known about Goncalves. End of the day a share of the spoils was just about right for me and onto County we go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 pm