The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Celtic

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Celtic Empty Livi v Celtic

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:06 pm

First of our back to back games against the erse cheeks, personally i'm looking forward to it, absolutely no pressure on our players, and a massive lift to everyone if they can take something from this game going into the quarter final with Sevco. Hopefully we can do what Killie did and win both games, taking 3pts in the league and knocking an erse cheek out of the cup.

Would think we'll go with Nouble up front as an out ball, and both Kelly and Pitts starting in midfield to try and get up supporting Nouble whenever they can get the chance, but primarily to flood the midfield, defensively making it difficult for Celtic to play through us. Unsurprisingly i feel we can do this, and send them home with a moany face complaining about our pitch, Martindale being a currant bun and only trying hard against Celtic, and how Livi are murder and they wouldn't want to watch their team play like this every week.

Mon the Lions, lets do this. bounce bounce bounce cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Celtic Empty Re: Livi v Celtic

Post by Auld Nick Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:24 pm

I suspect they will make us pay for their latest CL defeat
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:21 pm

Yeh,the wounded animal scenario is apt here i feel.Occationaly,Septic don't like coming here,but I suspect they will be too strong for us this time.Its a free hit and weve nothing to loose.Wel take the green pound and move on to more realistic expectations after the erse cheek games.Just get them out of the way.🤑.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:09 pm

Really don't fear them, they couldn't beat Killie or St Johnstone, and aren't looking as good under Rodgers as they were last season under Postecoglou, they hate playing on our pitch too, and Rodgers esp goes on about it, it'll be in their heads due to him. Also don't underestimate how much playing an away game in Europe takes its toll on players in their next game.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:42 am

Ah'll take a draw.  Livi v Celtic 1f60b
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:13 am

Liviforever wrote:Really don't fear them, they couldn't beat Killie or St Johnstone, and aren't looking as good under Rodgers as they were last season under Postecoglou, they hate playing on our pitch too, and Rodgers esp goes on about it, it'll be in their heads due to him. Also don't underestimate how much playing an away game in Europe takes its toll on players in their next game.

They haven’t hated playing here since they started beating us here.

They played on Tuesday night, in Rotterdam, hardly an onerous trip and plenty of time to recover and ok they finished the game with only 9 men but they didn’t actually do much running around at that point.

They are not usually overly phased in their first match after a European game, in fact I’d be willing to guess that they usually bounce back with a decent win.

But enough doom and gloom from me, the sun is shining and kick off is fast approaching…
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:25 pm

Hate to say I told you so… but

Thought we were second best throughout albeit we were still in it at HT but second half we were terrible.
    That said all 3 goals were poor defensively.

Shamal had a few good saves.
    Bruce worked hard to try and cause problems but had no support.
    Substitutes and shape change didn’t have any impact.

DM’s post match assessment was pretty much spot on as usual but it makes you wonder why we can’t get the performance we need when he can analyse it so we’ll.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:56 pm

Oh Celtic def hate playing us here, Rodgers especially goes on and on and on and on about our pitch. Even blames the pitch for Hart's sending off, complete arse of a man.

Anyway, on the game, thought we pressed them high and competed well, Anderson got in on goal for a shot, and Pitts got on the rebound, but was headed off the line. Then we conceded a clumsy pen, at first i thought Shamal had saved it but it squirmed under him into our net.

DM said he thought we played better at 11 v 11 but i disagree, we had more players staying in their half after the sending off, and pressed them a lot more, if we'd managed to equalise during that period before HT i think we'd have won the game, Celtic players were slack in their passing in that spell, knocking it out of play a few times and giving the ball away.

2nd half Brandon gave the ball away twice, which allowed Celtic to get up into our half, catching us thin in numbers, then the mix up with our defenders and keeper allows Celtic to get a 2nd, and any hope was all but gone. We still had a few chances to get back in the game, but shots were weak, and our best chance in the 2nd half saw Nouble nick the ball in the box, but instead of taking a touch and just hitting it, he tried to lob the keeper and went over the bar.

The subs didn't really help us any, as i thought the game drifted away from us when Penrice, Sangare, Shinnie, Brandon and Pittman went off, Bradley looked well off the pace and Guthrie hardly got in on any action, and the game just fizzled out for us. The 3rd goal showed the difference in quality, Celtic didn't look threatening either in those late stages but one ball up to Maeda and he rattles it into our net. 3-0 feels harsh, but when you can't take your chances playing against 10 men you can't complain about the outcome.
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:16 pm

Thought we played well today, apart from the obvious (Penalty) a tackle that didn't need to be made , but then Brandon had been skinned twice before it and then a few times after.

Defenders & Keeper not communicating - George moaning at the defence after the event - Shout & command your area - I'm also not that impressed with him - though he made a couple of saves and spread himself wide , which was a good block , but how many times does he spill the ball ?

It was a funny old game - 1st half better to watch but we were a bit more progressive/productive in the 2nd.
    We lack pace up front which will bite us big time.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:59 pm

Let's get it right here,sometimes you have to hold your hands up and take the Amber specs off and admit we we're beaten by a far superior team,even when they went down to ten men.Celtics game management from a neutral point of view was a joy to watch albeit gutting from our point of view. For us,missed chances,giving the ball away on numerous occasions, some dodgy decisions kind of summed up our day.Dont particularly want to watch the highlights just in case I missed something but suspect not.And to edit.We the diehards were there,but I thought the home support was shocking.Just seen some clips.A game of this magnitude.West Lothian,yes West Lothian hang your heads in shame.So many empty seats in our stand.Sorry,but will never change.And we wonder why the County stays away Deppresing day but not unexpected 🤔.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:03 pm

Mind games LF…. Bleat about the pitch, make the homesters think they are worried about it and then play them off the park (yes we competed but they were massively better than us - as they should be based on budgets - and beat us comfortably).

I think if you watch the highlights and assuming they show Pittman’s chance, it was kicked off the line. The ball almost trickled in on the ground but the defender cleared it.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:30 pm

Abeit the post match analyst. Guys FFS.Lets be honest. Can you count the amount of times we gave the ball away to them..And the limited chances we had but didn't capitalise. End game,we lost and deserverdy so.Onto Ibrox.🙈🤣🤣🤣.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:51 pm

Glad to get the OF games out of the way. (Not counting the midweek cup game)
    Not only do Celtic have quality all over the park but they fall down every time anyone goes near them often clutching their face/head. Greg Taylor hit his chest off Bradley and went down clutching his face. He even did thon constantly looking for blood after he got up off the ground. Erse!
    They were better than us and redoubled their effort after the sending off.
    No complaints about getting beat but my usual complaints about inconsistent refereeing where yellow cards were flashed to Livi for innocuous fouls and Celtic got away with murder on our players.
    Back to our own league next weekend.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:36 pm

I’ve resigned myself to the inept officials… nae one likes us we don’t care.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:17 am