The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Celtic

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Celtic Empty Livi v Celtic

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:21 pm

Just for a laugh can we beat them and see Brenda go into hyper moan about our pitch.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Celtic Empty Re: Livi v Celtic

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:26 pm

Well, we gave them a run for their money on grass, so let’s give it another go on plastic. Absolutely nothing to lose cos we’re down, so let’s go down with a roar rather than a whimper.

Liviforever likes this post

Troy

Post by Troy Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:36 pm

Fortunately il miss this as I'm off down South on Thursday for 5 days for my annual easter trip with a group of Livi fans.Will be taking in games at Fleetwood, Bamber Bridge, and Blackpool.Got the Sunday free so will find a pub in Blackpool showing the game and suffer from afar i suspect like the rest of you.Of course if we were to get any kind of result would possibly lead to a piss up of biblical proportions, then I woke up😁.Said before,just want this season to end,can't come quick enough.Any way see yous when I get back up the road. Mon the Lions.🦁👊🍻.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:07 am

It's a free hit tomorrow now. Nothing to lose. A wee Livi win will make it interesting at both end of the table. Just need to win the rest of our games now.
    Then I woke up. 😏
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:28 pm

Missed the start today due to falling forward on to a seat and slicing my hand open between my middle & ring finger. Bled all over the place and got taken round to the wee doc office under the other stand. He had been prepared to give me stitches but didn’t have enough in his kit so patched me up to the point I could watch the game and then go up to St John’s. Eventually got 9 stitches round/between my fingers. Not a pleasant experience but wasn’t too bad in terms of the time factor.

As for the game, pretty much one way traffic and once we went behind we were never getting back into it. The opener was our season in a nutshell, individual error by Bradley not clearing the ball, Shamal makes a great save but a ricochet or two later we are a goal down. Thereafter it was a matter of how many and it could have been more. On the upside we don’t have to face them again.

Theoretically our remaining games fall into the winnable category, realistically that won’t happen.

The worst thing about today was the clear arguments between players. I saw at least 3 such disagreements and while you want to see passion from the guys, it’s a clear sign that some are getting sick of the others inability to do the simple stuff.

Not sure what guys have already signed PCA’s (definitely Penners and possibly Anderson are the only two I have seen anything suggesting it) but if I was another club I’d be less keen on acquiring the others based on this season. But they have the remaining games to try and convince potential suitors that they are still worth a punt.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:20 pm

The amount of players dropping out injured in training makes me wonder if any of them want to play, we're just back from an International break and could barely field a team. Even MacKay was said to have had a dead leg and only managed to make the subs bench.

Might think i'm making up the same excuse for not making it along to watch too, after hurting my back yesterday and was no way i'd manage to sit at the game on a hard plastic seat, honest. lol! However i watched the highlights on sportscene, was wave after wave of Celtic attack, but they looked pretty shite finishing, anyone with some form of press and attack would have a chance against them. First goal pinball and an OG off Brandon, but Bradley was at fault for losing the ball. Good 2nd goal, absolute mare from Shamal for the 3rd.

We needed a fit Mackay backing up Yengi and we might've had a chance of getting a goal, but our defending and losing possession far too easily was always making it a tall order. Really hope we bin that whole back line next season.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:48 am

2nd goal was also avoidable as it was a loose ball turnover in the midfield that only a Celtic player reacted to which began the move.

Devlin is too slow, Ayo is always a bombscare, Kelly can defend but only when the play is in front of him as he is probably slower than Devlin, Nottingham can defend when the ball is in front of him but gets sucked in and either fouls from behind or gets turned and left for dead.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 am

Watched the game from Blackpool.TBH,had Celtic been firing on all cylinders could have been a lot worse than it ended up.Frustrated them in the first half,but then the comedy of errors proceeded.Own goal,a deflection and defence all over the place for the third,stramash comes to mind.Ach well,expected nothing from this and got nothing.Hope the walking wounded among you get well soon.Im off to Blackpool v Wycombe Wanderers later then back up the road after an enjoyable 5 days down here.Any way see you all on the other side.Only Aberdeen next,so something to look forward to.Lol.Troy.🤣🦁🏴????????????????????????.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:11 pm

Auld Nick wrote:2nd goal was also avoidable as it was a loose ball turnover in the midfield that only a Celtic player reacted to which began the move.

Devlin is too slow, Ayo is always a bombscare, Kelly can defend but only when the play is in front of him as he is probably slower than Devlin, Nottingham can defend when the ball is in front of him but gets sucked in and either fouls from behind or gets turned and left for dead.

Yeah if you take it back far enough they all could've/should've been prevented, 2nd goal was the only decent shot, though Martindale saying it took a slight deflection taking it away from Shamal too.

Yeah Troy if they were clinical t could've been a lot worse, but they weren't, and against teams that have an attack Celtic will struggle.

Good comeback from your other team though, saw the score when West ham were 3-1 up and got a surprise when i watched the game on MoTD.

The way we set up against Celtic it only works if we can defend and keep it goalless till we bring on the likes of MacKay and Anderson, but we can't defend, and the game is gone once we concede the first goal. By the time MacKay and Anderson come on we're chasing it and likely to get caught out even more playing on their shoulders. MacKay was carrying a knock from a dead leg though, which was a pity, both him and Yengi caused them problems in the cup game, MacKay's pace is useful against them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:38 pm

Cheers L/F.Was watching the Newcastle game down in Bamber Bridge.Lads kept telling me with 20 mins to go to believe. TBH,thought they were talking shite.Had resigned myself to the worse.Best 20mins I've seen in years🤣.Already commented on the Livi game,dissapointed but not in any way unexpected Crying or Very sad.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:04 pm

Nouble and Shinnie were sitting in the stand in front of me on Sunday. I saw Donnellan on the stairs up from reception. Montano and Penrice not in the squad either. An awful lot of injuries. Wonder who will be back for Aberdeen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:19 am