The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Hubs.

Troy

Livi v Hubs. Empty Livi v Hubs.

Post by Troy Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:10 am

Might as well start this.Only thing i can guarantee is that this will go ahead tomorrow, albeit raincoats will be obligatory.As for the game itself.Every game will be seen as must win atm.Hibs will be hurting after their defeat to Celtic and will be better than that performance.Were back at home,but I haven't a clue as to the feeling in the camp currently. On that pretense,I'd bite your hand off for a point here,if only to stop the rot that has set in.Got to have a go and hope to pull ourselves out of this predicament.Wether that will be tomorrow, I have my doubts.Mon the Lions.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Hubs. Empty Re: Livi v Hubs.

Post by Liviforever Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:42 pm

Went to Easter rd with no real expectation and saw us have the best game of our season. Nouble had a blinder, Brucie got us back in front after Hibs equalised, Sangare licked it in from 25 yards to seal the deal, and we played good attacking football. None of that is happening atm, but could this be the game we get it back and start scoring goals, i really hope so.

I've got a slight feeling of something deep, deep down, that we'll win tomorrow, and although i'm not at all confident, i've just a wee niggling feeling we're winning this. Mon the Livi Lions, lets do this. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:22 pm

Fester Rd was probably our best performance of the season, wasn’t there but we looked good in the highlights. It’s been all downhill since then… similar to us whipping Killie last season and then going on a long losing run.

Love beating them… can’t see it happening. Had hoped the new guy investing in the club and the appointment of Brian Rice would have sparked something, it hasn’t.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:15 pm

Starting line up had me expecting another back to the wall Tynecastle esque performance, starting with so many defensive players and having Guthrie as a lone striker, but we actually played on the front foot and got at them. If we could now start Brucie when playing like that we might get something from games, leaving it to Pittman and Shinnie as our goal threats just isn't going to get us out of this. And why is Sean Kelly still starting when we're back to full strength in defence, get attacking players on and give us a chance FFS.

We need to get the first goal to give us something to hang on to and maybe even lift us into scoring a 2nd, but that line up reeked of negativity, hoping we would keep a clean sheet and nick a winner. Hibs were fortunate getting the break of the ball, but Boyle had the quality to take advantage, and nobody in our starting XI was going to do that for us.

Oh and what was the VAR palava all about, checking for a penalty when Sangare burst into their box, if it's offside why did the ref go look at the monitor, surely VAR draws lines across the screen and just notifies him it's offside, so no penalty, just doesn't make sense having him going over to the monitor to look at an offside.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:38 pm

Performance was much better today but ultimately that meant nothing.

Penrice, Guthrie & Kelly (he started in midfield LF, only went into defence later in the game) probably our best players but why did we have Guthrie up front winning flick ons and holding things up but not have Anderson beside him looking to feed off those? By the time he came on Guthrie was tiring and therefore less effective.

Just like the Dundee game we were largely better than our opposition but unable to capitalise when on top. That is the sign of a team going down. A few weeks ago St J were in our position, in fact worse because they were playing poorly and couldn’t buy a win… they have turned it around while we have gone into freefall & have a manager who doesn’t seem to know how to change it.

One thing I fail to understand from today though… how did the VAR check for a penalty to us end up with the corner we’d been given overturned to offside? And if it was offside, why did the ref have to go to the monitor? Usually offside decisions are given without using the monitor unless it’s to decide if a player is interfering with play; presumably Sangare was offside before his shot went for a corner so why go to the monitor and why announce they were checking a pen? If the pen check was found to be a pen and then they check to see if he’s onside before the pen incident all that is required is to tell the ref it’s offside.

That said, the bottom line is we had some chances but failed miserably in front of goal. If you don’t score, you don’t win… I said the Ross game was a must win, today I’d have bitten your hand off for a point but we are now 5 points adrift and couldn’t score in a brothel, we will be relegated and we might struggle to match our lowest ever top flight points total.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:31 am

Wish we could score a goal.  Livi v Hubs. 1f64f

Should have had a VAR check for the Guthrie penalty claim. Having seen it on TV it was a good shout.

Agree with the questioning of the late Sangare incident. Farcical! Also having watched it now Sangare and the defender were level so he wasn't offside. Ye get nae breaks when you are at the bottom.

We played as well as if not better than Hibs.

Wish we could score a goal.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:29 am

Absolutely horrendous conditions yesterday for football.Credit to both for providing an entertaining game.As has been said by most our inability to score is totally crippling us.Strange starting line up,agree Bruce should have been on from the start, and didn't realise big Joel was injured.Davie explained post match about that.Yes it was an improved performance, but once again we have nothing to show for it.Its getting slippery slope time and I'm not convinced we can halt the slide.Worrying times ahead I feel,unfortunately.So deflating.Crying or Very sad.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:47 pm

orco wrote:Wish we could score a goal.  Livi v Hubs. 1f64f

Should have had a VAR check for the Guthrie penalty claim. Having seen it on TV it was a good shout.

Agree with the questioning of the late Sangare incident. Farcical! Also having watched it now Sangare and the defender were level so he wasn't offside. Ye get nae breaks when you are at the bottom.

We played as well as if not better than Hibs.

Wish we could score a goal.

Another ref decision that baffles me, Guthrie gets kicked in the back of the leg and a hand ball gets given against us. No way is that Guthrie doing a Martin Boyle and putting his leg to get kicked, he's in front of their player and going for the ball.

Livi v Hubs. Web_ca74

Hibs were miles offside for their 2nd goal but VAR took an age, should've been done and dusted in 5 seconds.

Livi v Hubs. Web_ca75

Aye we just can't get a break, in ref decisions and shots on target being saved, Marshall just threw himself spreading his body and Anderson's shot hits him, against St Mirren i was leaning forward ready to get up and celebrate Nouble scoring, but their keeper managed to get an arm to it and the ball spun round the post. St Mirren get an og from Kelly putting it into his net, and Hibs get a break of the ball and score against the run of play, nothing is going for us.

Performance was better though, but we really need our best striker and goal scorer playing from the start when we're putting in so many balls, it's what Anderson does best, getting on the end of balls into the box, and we put plenty in there from Penrice and Brandon.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:31 pm

Liviforever wrote:

Hibs were miles offside for their 2nd goal but VAR took an age, should've been done and dusted in 5 seconds.

Aye, not only that but the linesman never flagged for it. Livi v Hubs. 1f636

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:53 am