The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auld Nick
Liviforever
6 posters

Livi v ICT

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v ICT Empty Livi v ICT

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Volunteers required to help clear the snow and get this game on, hopefully there wont be any further snow either so we can get on with beating everyone and catch up with St Mirren.

Fancy us to gub Caley this time and Hoppy to be more positive in looking for a win rather than a draw, virtually got a top 4 place sewn up so why not go and see if we can make a dent on St Mirren's lead.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v ICT Empty Re: Livi v ICT

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:04 am

ICT are not playing as well now as they were last time, so I'd much rather see us going for it rather than sitting back for the draw.

Chelsea tried that yesterday & it could be argued that it worked for 89.5 minutes of the match, but the 30 seconds after half time were incisive & decisive & shows that a game can be won in just a few seconds during the course of 90 minutes. So go for the win.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:12 pm

The snow clearing has been postponed now, waterlogged pitch after the latest snowfall melting. Not looking good for getting this game on.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Weather forecast looks quite promising - five or six degrees for the next four day with a little drizzle on Thursday but otherwise dry.

It should be okay; actually moving the snow could cause bigger problems through instead of melting evenly over the pitch it concentrates in areas and overwhelms the drainage.

Incidentally has anyone heard about how Robinson's getting on? Wasn't overly impressed by Thompson and Jacobs didn't seem fully fit.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Trying not to be a jonah here guys but ive already made alternative arrangements for Saturday.The tanking that the surface has taken from the beast i feel has left so little time for it to recover sufficiantly between now and mid day Saturday.Take into account the weather reports that ive seen for the next few days,ie sleet and rain on and off and im affraid im reluctant to share in Durnford,s opptimisism.Only thing i can safely predict is the deluge of midweek games between now and seasons end and as much as i love watching this current team at anytime,i like many others love my Saturday.Cmon big man upstairs,geez a chance here you know you want to. Shocked
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Actually the forecast from the Met office looks quite promising for Thursday and Friday:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcvqpbrjn#?date=2018-03-08

Looking at the figures for Saturday though I certainly would recommend the covers going down on Friday night and not taken off until lunchtime. In order to allow for travelling time I would expect an inspection at 11 am if required.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 am

Getting a bit jumpy about this now. Although it was melting quite nicely yesterday; the cold snap overnight has left the snow on my lawn a bit like a meringue.

Really need the snow away today to give the ground a chance to fully recover tomorrow.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Yep, I put my bin out at 2am today and it was black ice out there, our pitch will be brick hard, prob got the worst area cleared of snow too and that's where it'll take longest to thaw out. Gonna be very surprised if this goes ahead. Got Morton at home on Tues too then another home game the following Saturday so even if we don't make it for this game the pitch still needs cleared to give it a chance for the other 2 home games.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Pitch inspection planned for Saturday at 8 am apparently.

As the heaviest of the rain isn't due to arrive until 9 am that one should be okay but I bet they look to a for a second one at 11 which I think is the latest time that you can notify ICT.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:43 pm

I'm a bit doubtful this game will be on, with the early pitch inspection planned it looks like a formality in calling it off first thing so Inverness fans get plenty of notice. Though they could just call it off today if it was def a lost cause so maybe i'm wrong so who knows. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:12 pm

On the off chance this is on and in case I forget to do my prediction if I leave it till tomorrow after the pitch inspection has been done, 2-0 Livi, fg 22 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:41 pm

I'm getting splinters but 1-1 FG 30 mins
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Must admit the photos show the pitch in a far better state than even I thought

https://twitter.com/jtwknowles/status/972118419616288768
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Yep looks pretty decent, might cut up badly once a couple of games are played on it but looks fine to play on provided it isn't brick hard from the frost.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:48 am

If it’s on, 2-1 Livi, FG 27 mins.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:31 am

Game off! Crying or Very sad
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:04 am

Frozen pitch, should be ok for our Tues night game against Morton though, I hope.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:16 am

Bu@@er; Bu@@er; Bu@@er!

Ikea it is then....

Sh1t!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:01 am

I understand the need for an early decision but it really doesn't look that cold out & I'd be surprised if it wasn't OK by the back of lunch time. I could be wrong, I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:06 am

I revert back to my original post that this game had very little chance of going ahead.Weather reports giving us a false sense of security and all that.And the prediction that we are gonna have a deluge of midweek games coming to fruition starting on Tuesday night,weather permitting.Frustrated and gutted. pale pale pale
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Troy wrote:I revert back to my original post that this game had very little chance of going ahead.Weather reports giving us a false sense of security and all that.And the prediction that we are gonna have a deluge of midweek games coming to fruition starting on Tuesday night,weather permitting.Frustrated and gutted. pale pale pale

Actually I think the game had every chance if we'd put the covers down last night rather than letting it rain on a pith only defrosted to a depth of few inches. Problem is if its still frozen even a below foot under the surface there is nowhere for water to go and it will become sodden.

I reality even if it had gone ahead the pitch would have cut up really badly so that may have cost us more in the long term.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Yep.Entitled to your opinion Durnford.But as you pointed out if the pitch was indeed frozen where would the surpluss water have gone.As someone pointed out earlier where the stadium is situated we are going to have an ongoing problem with water etc.Im as dissapointed as you and the rest of us are but in hindsight looking out the window just now i agree it would have been a lottery had this game gone ahead.Inciddently Falkirk doing us a massive favour at the moment being 3 up against Morton who we are scheduled to play on Tues night,Weather permitting.Got to be in serious doubt though.LOL.T. lol!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Was going really well until St Mirren scored a penalty (Talbot was sent off)

If that had remained nil-nil it would have got even more interesting.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:50 pm

No lose situation in that game D, we'd have been fine if the Pars had won but also makes us even better off securing a top 4 place with them losing. Biggest result for us was as Troy said, Falkirk beating Morton. That makes Tues night a massive game, a win would more or less end Morton's challenge on 2nd place with us moving 11 points clear of them and still having a game in hand.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:23 am

Yeah but St Mirren winning effectively rules out our chances of catching them, which was a long shot anyway, on the basis that we are now running out of games. Had Dunfermline gotten the draw then the gap would be 9 & we would have a game in hand & assuming we won it, 6 points becomes a much more squeaky bum situation for them than the 8 points it will be (again assuming we win); and at 6 points, if we could then beat them at their place it's a title race but with 8 points they can afford to lose to us.

As I say, it was a long shot that we could catch them but it would have made it much more interesting if they hadn't won yesterday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content