The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
spiggle
LiviCub
ianlivi
Afro
EdinburghLivi
Lexi Collector
forzalfc
Smithy
Liviforever
orco
Durnford
Auld Nick
16 posters

Livi v QoS

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v QoS Empty Livi v QoS

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Hoping for 3 points here but not as confident as I was going into the Raith game, esp if Gordon is still suspended. We experimented playing a few players out of position and it didn't work, Gallagher, Sives and Cole looked awkward and largely ineffective, think we need to forget about playing Gallagher as a RB. I'd like to see him and Neill as our CB's and Cole in CM, get Sheerin on from the start along with White too. Hopefully Millen is back because I think we need to start with 4 at the back and have a settled back line, esp against Beany.

Still think we've some good players and will score goals, just need to sort out the right formation and tactics, and hopefully when Gordon is back we'll get a settled back line too as I think we'd have a good defence with him and Gallagher as CB's.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v QoS Empty Re: Livi v QoS

Post by Auld Nick Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Right, early season optimism has vanished, having read all the comments on the 3-0 defeat, some have said travesty of a result others have said we were rubbish... Even those who said travesty have complained about the lack of service to the front men and the poor tactics... Conclusion, we are in for another season of struggle and QoS will head home on Saturday with all the points.

Livi 0 QoS 3 first goal 12 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:51 pm

I'll go for a 2-2 draw fg 18 mins.

Hope we're both wrong and we win.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:02 am

2-1 to Livi first goal 19 mins
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:05 pm

We are going to beat them; no we are going to destroy them

We will grind them into the dust; remove their names from history; ravish their daughters and empty their fridges. We will drink all their beer and leave the empties on the dining table.

We are going to leave their toilet seats up; sell their mobile phone numbers to a tele-marketing company and kick their little dog

They will rue the day they came to Livingston.

1-0 Livi

White 69th minute

orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:01 pm

Agreed, only we should really take the empties to the recycling place. Wink
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:21 pm

Should take down all the road signs once they get here too, they'll never find their way back home and will be stuck in a perpetual roundabout loop.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:37 pm

Durnford wrote:We are going to beat them; no we are going to destroy them

We will grind them into the dust; remove their names from history; ravish their daughters and empty their fridges. We will drink all their beer and leave the empties on the dining table.

We are going to leave their toilet seats up; sell their mobile phone numbers to a tele-marketing company and kick their little dog

They will rue the day they came to Livingston.

1-0 Livi

White 69th  minute

Haha Brilliant I would like a pint of what you are mate
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:39 pm

We need to start with Neill + Gallagher at CB with Cole in midfield... much stronger than last week. Would be good with Millen back otherwise will have to be Sives at RB.

1-1. Buchanan scoring for us.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:10 pm

2-0 Qos, 11 minutes. I'm going to Union Berlin V FC Kaiserslautern, I've no doubt it'll be more enjoyable than the predictable load of fuck we'll have to watch over the next few months.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:57 pm

Bundesliga Zwei also rans! I know where I'd rather be... Mon the Livi!! Laughing
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:15 pm

You can have as many beers as you like whilst watching the game in Germany Cool In fairness, turning to drink would be a helpful solution most of the time whilst watching Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:21 pm

Watching other teams just isn't the same, even good ones. Just don't have the same emotional attachment, good, bad or mediocre, (we can be all 3 in games) there's nothing like a Livi game for me.

If we gub QoS I vote Lexi having a self imposed ban from going to our games to see if it is him bringing us bad luck. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:You can have as many beers as you like whilst watching the game in Germany Cool In fairness, turning to drink would be a helpful solution most of the time whilst watching Livi.

Can do the same watching egg chasing at Murrayfield, feels like you're doing something wrong walkng past the police carrying beer into the stadium.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:01 pm

I would hope that Burchill has learned the lesson of the 4-2-2-2 which doesn't really appear to be working and look back into the 4-1-4-1 that worked so well for us at the end of last season with Cole anchoring.

1-0 Livi FG 71 mins.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:36 pm

You're definitely right there, LF. Been to a few Scotland games and a La Liga game and it was nothing like watching Livi. I think it'll be good to see a game with a few beers in a country like Germany where the atmosphere is dead good, but it won't have the excitement of watching a team that you support.

Here's hoping we win and I'm not there to see it, would be typical haha.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:08 am

Enjoy Germany Lexi, a trip over there and a Livi win at the same time.... Great weekend
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Enjoy the game Lexi, Berlin is a bloody amazing city. Think we could definitely take a few aspects of German football and implement them over here.

Back in the real world... Goes without saying but we'll have to up the ante from the Raith game if we've to get anything from this. Agree with EL in that we should be going back to 4-1-4-1 for this one, as I said on the Raith thread I thought we were powderpuff in central midfield and bringing Cole into there would really help us. I'd be inclined to start Buchanan up top and save White for the sub role he pulled off really well in the second half of last season. As far as defence goes, I was more than impressed with Neill in pre-season so no qualms about him at CB, I have no idea if Longridge is out after coming off Saturday, not sure who could step in at LB or whether a total rejig of the system would be required.

Would take a draw because Queens will finish 4th again this season, and are still a good side. 1-1, FG 27 mins.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:30 pm

QOS just signed Kyle Hutton and Paul Hefferman. (Not that it has any bearing on my prediction) Going for a 2 all draw.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Afro wrote:Enjoy the game Lexi, Berlin is a bloody amazing city. Think we could definitely take a few aspects of German football and implement them over here.

Back in the real world... Goes without saying but we'll have to up the ante from the Raith game if we've to get anything from this. Agree with EL in that we should be going back to 4-1-4-1 for this one, as I said on the Raith thread I thought we were powderpuff in central midfield and bringing Cole into there would really help us. I'd be inclined to start Buchanan up top and save White for the sub role he pulled off really well in the second half of last season. As far as defence goes, I was more than impressed with Neill in pre-season so no qualms about him at CB, I have no idea if Longridge is out after coming off Saturday, not sure who could step in at LB or whether a total rejig of the system would be required.

Would take a draw because Queens will finish 4th again this season, and are still a good side. 1-1, FG 27 mins.

I thought Longridge being subbed at HT was a tactical switch for Glen coming in at midfield and going to a back 3 of Cole, Sives & Gallagher, not read anything about him being injured.

Thought Glen came into the game more when Sheerin came on too, wouldn't mind seeing both of them starting against QoS. Saving Mullen & Buchanan as 2nd half subs, doubt Sheering would last more than one half but from what I've seen he has good ability and strength to link up with our strikers, esp White.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:37 am

1-1. FG 37 mins.
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:02 am

If we don't get a homer as a ref and if the defence can gel and if Big White and Buchanan can find some form up front then we have a chance. I don't fancy us for this. 2-1 to QOS with 1st goal at 43 mins
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Think Millen's back for this but Gordon is still suspended. Would like to see Neill coming in beside Gallagher too, allowing Cole to play CM. Can't really see us winning this though unfortunately, would love to be wrong.

2-1 Queens, FG 23 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Didn't think we deserved to lose, a draw would have been about right. Neither goalie was worked particularly hard. I thought Hippo did really well at left back but I don't want to see him there again, he showed enough skill going forward to prove he should be played as an attacking player. Pittman again proved he is good enough for a bigger club than us. Gibbons has not lived up to what I saw in the friendly against Real or the 1-0 win over Clyde, but then the league is a higher level than Clyde and competitive games are harder than friendlies.

Biggest disappointment today was Danny Mullen, he had a couple of runs early on but after getting knocked off the ball too easily he just faded out of it. Should have been subbed well before he finally was.

There were some good signs but we are currently woeful at creating decent chances and poor at finishing anything we do create. Another long hard season ahead I'm afraid, as I am now struggling to see who is going to finish below us.
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:07 pm

I thought we looked fairly solid at the back and that should improve further once Ben Gordon plays.

However up front is a worry. I couldn't see where our goals were coming from today and still can't. Lumping high balls towards Buchanan is not the answer, he needs far better service than he got today. Biggest disappointment today was Mullen, far too easily bumped off the ball and DJ's kicking but he made a few decent saves to compensate.

What about the crowd, 856, is a real worry. Where has the support gone from last season? It wasn't great to start with but come on West Lothian give your local team a fighting chance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content