The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Sheep v Us

Troy

Sheep v Us Empty Sheep v Us

Post by Troy Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:07 pm

Unbelievably I'm just back from Aberdeen after leaving Livi at 5 this morning to finish a job.Thankfully my bosses wouldn't permit me to have an overnight. Dons will be hurting and will probably take it out on us,no surprise there.A free hit with nothing to lose i reckon.Would be a major upset if we could take something from this.Alas I fear not.🙈.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Sheep v Us Empty Re: Sheep v Us

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:56 pm

Lambs to the slaughter…and I don’t mean them.

Any points would be massive but with no goals in 6 or 7 games the chances are slim to nil.
    On the other hand the law of averages says we have to score eventually… oh wait, that relies largely on getting shots on target.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:28 pm

Positives… we scored
    Negatives… we lost

I’d have preferred it if it was another 0-0
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:25 am

Defensively shocking for both their goals,criminal Predictable from us after going ahead.Brucie again,deary me an absolute sitter.Yeh we finally scored but as you say counts for nothing.Grim future ahead even at this time of year,depressing. 🙈.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:20 pm

Just isn't going for us right now, should've been a draw against Hibs, a win against Killie, and a draw against Aberdeen, the fine margins must be equally frustrating for Martindale.

Difference came down to quality of strikers, Miovski's first goal was an astonishing header, going away from goal with no power from the cross to help him, and his 2nd was the type of goal we want to see Brucie scoring, nipping in between defenders and getting a foot on it, though TBF Guthrie's was similar.

That's 3 goals in 3 games Bruce has squandered, coming off the bench isn't helping his confidence any, some players are suited to being game changing subs, Anderson needs to be starting games though, to give him time to get his sharpness and confidence built.

There are improvements, Penrice has been superb getting balls in from the wing, if Anderson gets starts i believe he'd start scoring goals from those sort of deliveries. Montano is back into the match day squad too, Aberdeen and Celtic away aren't games even when we're firing on all cylinders we'd be likely to take something from, but our home game against St Johnstone will be a pivotal point to our season, as will the rearranged home game with County.

We've 4 home games in January too, incl a cup game with Raith, these are going to be season defining games for us. Crack off a few wins and we're back in the game, continue as we are and we're def fecked.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:10 pm

Agree with you on the Bruce Anderson situation. When team confidence was high he could come on as a sub and be effective because we'd be creating a few chances and with his own confidence high he’d take one of them. But with team confidence low and very few chances being created, the chances that are created are more likely to be missed. Still, he should be scoring pens ( that said even the GOAT has missed them). Therefore, rather than benching him he needs to be starting in a two pronged attack and maybe he’ll start getting 1 in 3 of them in the net. DM also needs to stop “not digging Brucie up/out” because that is exactly what he is doing and that will do Bruce’s confidence more harm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content