The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Sheep v Lions

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Sheep v Lions Empty Sheep v Lions

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:04 pm

Big game for us here, a 6 pointer that would prob give us an insurmountable lead over Aberdeen as we move in on securing a top 6 spot.

Would expect Bruce to be back in the team and starting up front, with Nouble and Bradley either side of him. Not sure how far away Boyes is, prob be Fitzwater and Obileye in defence, with Montano* & Devlin as WB's.

Shamal

Devlin       Fitzwater      Obileye        Montano

Holt              Pttman         St Kelly

Nouble       Anderson       Bradley

*Penrice might be dropped for his shirt pull costing us the opening goal against Sevco.

Need a win here, mon the Lions lets do this. bounce cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Sheep v Lions Empty Re: Sheep v Lions

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:52 pm

We all know Davie's record of saying players are fit, then not playing them for about 6 games, hopefully he's no at it again with Bruce, and he will start against Aberdeen.

Speaking to the Courier, he said: “Bruce will be back. I could probably have gotten away with playing him against Rangers, but he hadn’t really trained at all and I didn’t want to push him and then he ends up missing four weeks because he’s played when he’s not fully ready.

He added: “He’s been training well at the start of this week and had no adverse reactions at all so he should be good to go for Saturday.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:52 pm

Shouldn't matter but can't help looking at who the ref and VAR feckers are going to be, David Munro officiating and Don Robertson on VAR.

This fixture always seems to see penalties and red cards being awarded, and we've been on the wrong end of more than our fair share of the red cards.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:52 pm

Liviforever wrote:Shouldn't matter but can't help looking at who the ref and VAR feckers are going to be, David Munro officiating and Don Robertson on VAR.

This fixture always seems to see penalties and red cards being awarded, and we've been on the wrong end of more than our fair share of the red cards.

Aye because Aberdeen are a shower of divers. Evil or Very Mad
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:52 pm

Hard to call this one tbh.If the real Livi turn up i reckon we could take something from this.Bruce back would be a bonus and allow us to have a real go at them.Confidence among the sheep faithful ain exactly high at the moment, but I'm not being fooled by their collective scepticism for this.Will go down the old just don't lose routine again.Big game for both I suspect and wouldn't be surprised if it ends up all square,though a win for us would create a gap that even Aberdeen could close.Mon the Lions.Get intea them.🦁⬆👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:08 pm

Since we scored 3 goals against Killie in the space of 29 minutes… we haven’t scored in the 241 minutes since and have conceded 7 ourselves… there is no chance we will be getting 3 points tomorrow without some major improvements and even 1 will be beyond us if we show no improvement at all.

It’s almost like they peaked in those 29 minutes and have been going downhill rapidly since.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:04 pm

Against Killie we had Anderson up front, which also gave more freedom for Nouble, the last 2 games he was either injured and had to go off, or out injured, so you can't really make that comparison going into the Aberdeen game, as Anderson is going to be back playing. Oh and a bit of a difference playing Sevco to Aberdeen, completely different set up against the erse cheeks, and we don't offer the same threat in attack.

Nouble and Anderson complement one another, Anderson does all the running about chasing down balls and players, and Nouble is allowed more license to wander about up the wings, excellent at drifting into the centre to take down high balls fired up to him too, and lay them off to Anderson, something we really missed against ICT when Bruce went off. Nouble was flicking balls on and nobody was there. Anyway, with Bruce back we're at full strength in attack, we'll be missing Omeonga but we can afford a midfielder being out with good replacements available.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:49 am

Yeah, but we also lost the second half to Killie 1-0 with Bruce & capitulated 3-0 to a less than average Caley who have since lost twice to Accies…admittedly Bruce got injured in the Caley game at 0-0 but that shouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference. The point is we have been very poor since the end of the first half against Killie and if we don’t get out of that mini-slump it will turn into a major one.

I agree we are a better side with Bruce but we coped very well without him earlier in the season so it isn’t all about whether he is available or not.

Last edited by Auld Nick on Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:11 pm

Stop scaring me Nick. I'm bad enough. 😲
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:00 pm

Jeeze, 3-0 up but we didn't play as well 2nd half and only won 3-1, aye ok Nick. You sound like the old boy that used to sit next to me and didn't like Jordan White, i nudged him when White scored a goal and said did you see who scored, he replied, aye but he almost missed, it hit the underside of the bar before going in. lol!

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:03 pm

Sheep v Lions Web_ca16

Good to see Brandon and Boyes on the bench, esp Brandon, after being out injured for so long, always liked the look of him every time he's played, full of energy and pace down the wing.

As expected Anderson, Nouble, and Bradley up front.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:40 pm

We should have wiped the floor with Killie for 90 minutes, we didn’t & it’s been poor stuff ever since, yes we won and we won well but we failed to build on it. The first half against Killie was probably the best we have played all season but we followed it up with the worst performance & while we played better against the tribute act, we only had two missed sitters to show in an attacking sense, ok it was a free hit against them but the fact remains as we approach half time that we haven’t scored since the 29th minute against Killie.

Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:00 pm

Conceed just before HT.Predictable and depressing. Somehow got to get ourselves back into this.Big 45 ahead.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:24 pm

OK.So 3 defeats on the trot.Great chance for Joel start of the second half not taken.Apart from that pretty toothless up front.Only solace for me is being 11 points clear of that 11th place,sorry guys but for me thats all that matters.Weve a massive game on Wednesday against the woefull United team.Win that and we live to fight another day as far as top six aspirations are concerned. As I said before this game I had my reservations as to how this would go.Take absolutely no joy that my and one or two others scepticism was proved to be correct.Not panic stations as yet as far as top six is concerned. But it'll be close imo.🤷‍�.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:52 pm

Just too edit,not this Wednesday. See this demon drink.🙈🍻🤣.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:38 pm

We seem to have lost our mojo. Hope we find it soon.

Looks like Montano is out again. Pity that because he's been really good this season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:14 pm

Looks like Aberdeen set out to out Livi us in midfield and did so, then nicked a 1-0 win. Better than the last time up there but disappointing not to take the opportunity of knocking them out of contention for a top 6.

Got 3 home games now, and same again on Sat, with a chance to get above Hibs, then play our game in hand over Aberdeen & St Mirren on Wed, against a Utd in disarray. Big month of home games coming up, need to take at least 5 pts from them, 7-9 pts would be fantastic to give us a very good chance of top 6 & Europe.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:55 pm

We are catching Hibs in their best form of the season, will then probably be taking on United after they sack Foxy & get a bounce… or they’ll be in a similar position to when the lost 9-0 before beating us in the cup tie… then it’s County who are now getting results… so every game we think we can win, the opposition thinks they can win.

If we can take 9 points from these three games we will almost certainly get top 6, if we get 6 or 7 then we’ll have a great chance of top 6, less than 6 and it’s very much in the balance, if we get 3 or less, forget it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am