The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Staggies v Lions

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Staggies v Lions Empty Staggies v Lions

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:40 pm

Game of the season for us, as Auld Nick mentioned, win by a couple of goals would lift us off the foot of the table. Said to a mate before the St Mirren game, if we won against this will we head up to Dingwall for the game next Saturday, so up to Dingwall we'll be going. Hopefully we take a decent sized support to cheer the players on, massive game for us.

We've a bit of momentum building, think if we beat County we'll have the lift to kick on and close the gap for 10th place, but i'll reel it in for now and just concentrate on this game. County are pretty poor, as bad a run as we've been on they're only 3pts ahead of us, but they've got Simon Murray up front and he scored 2 goals in our home game, he's a live wire and good finisher, so we need to keep and eye on him.

For us big Yengi is looking a good signing, 2 goals in our last 2 games, and a bit of a handful for opposition defenders too, hopefully Nouble is up for it as well, this could be the game that saves us from relegation.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Staggies v Lions Empty Re: Staggies v Lions

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:00 pm

Win and it’s game on for a fight to stay up
    Draw and it’s still doable
    Lose and I think we’re done… I think whatever confidence we would gain from a win would be gone completely if we lose.

I think we will need to play better in attack than we did on Saturday and just as good in defence…would be perfect if we could give them a real shoeing like we did when we won 4-1 up there.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:33 pm

Yeah St Mirren are a lot better than County though, we'll have more of the ball, and will be able to build attacks, and get Nouble, and the WB's working the wings getting balls into their box.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:38 am

Liviforever wrote:Game of the season for us, as Auld Nick mentioned, win by a couple of goals would lift us off the foot of the table. Said to a mate before the St Mirren game, if we won against this will we head up to Dingwall for the game next Saturday, so up to Dingwall we'll be going. Hopefully we take a decent sized support to cheer the players on, massive game for us.

We've a bit of momentum building, think if we beat County we'll have the lift to kick on and close the gap for 10th place, but i'll reel it in for now and just concentrate on this game. County are pretty poor, as bad a run as we've been on they're only 3pts ahead of us, but [i]they've got Simon Murray up front and he scored 2 goals in our home game, he's a live wire and good finisher, so we need to keep and eye on him.
    [/i]
    For us big Yengi is looking a good signing, 2 goals in our last 2 games, and a bit of a handful for opposition defenders too, hopefully Nouble is up for it as well, this could be the game that saves us from relegation.

Aye he's good but he's also up to every trick in the book. Ah dinnae like him. 😒
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:26 am

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Game of the season for us, as Auld Nick mentioned, win by a couple of goals would lift us off the foot of the table. Said to a mate before the St Mirren game, if we won against this will we head up to Dingwall for the game next Saturday, so up to Dingwall we'll be going. Hopefully we take a decent sized support to cheer the players on, massive game for us.

We've a bit of momentum building, think if we beat County we'll have the lift to kick on and close the gap for 10th place, but i'll reel it in for now and just concentrate on this game. County are pretty poor, as bad a run as we've been on they're only 3pts ahead of us, but [i]they've got Simon Murray up front and he scored 2 goals in our home game, he's a live wire and good finisher, so we need to keep and eye on him.
    [/i]

Aye he's good but he's also up to every trick in the book. Ah dinnae like him. 😒

I don't like him either, especially when he scores against us. lol!

Would love him in our team though, constant pain in the arse to defenders, another Stevie May, Tony Watt type player.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:28 am

Liviforever wrote:
    orco wrote:

[/i]

I don't like him either, especially when he scores against us. lol!

Would love him in our team though, constant pain in the arse to defenders, another Stevie May, Tony Watt type player.

Yeh, I'd take him. 😏
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:15 pm

His hair would clash with our shirts, no way we’d get him
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:42 am

Auld Nick wrote:His hair would clash with our shirts, no way we’d get him

True Staggies v Lions 1f60e
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:57 am

Ahem.

Staggies v Lions Screen15
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:06 am

Aye, but Murray is a different shade of ginger… Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:14 am

Not sure I'm brave enough to call this.Hopefully the wee bit of momentum we have at atm will carry on into this.Suspect it will be the same starting lineup as last week, albeit with Davie you just know.Season defining,yeh I guess so but realistically a must win game for both.Suspect we'll find out come 4 50 tomorrow if our season will virtually end or we find a way to somehow keep it going for a nerve-racking race to the end.Can they do it? Its in our hands to do what would have seemed unlikely a few weeks ago.Go for it Livi,we're right behind you.👊🦁⬆.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:27 am

4.50 FT with VAR added time, you're being uncharacteristically optimistic Troy. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:57 am

🤣🤣🤣🙈.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:30 pm

2-0 down at half time, I thought we were dead and buried. Anderson comes on as a sub at HT and virtually immediately halves the deficit…. Watching the Soccer Saturday vidiprinter is murder when you are desperate for good news…. Then with a couple of minutes left plus stoppage time Anderson only goes and equalises. And I’m thinking, just make sure you don’t concede again and if you can nick another so much the better… but no, a mere 4 minutes of parity and we concede the third and despite having a couple of chance in the remaining time (according to Twitter) we head back down the road empty handed yet again.

I think we have had it now but it’s 6 points with a lot more than that available, so heads up lads and go again, if/when we go down, make sure it’s with a fight.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:07 am

Started lively enough but Sangare failing to trap the ball and it going under his foot to Brophy turned the game for County, and they looked a lot better than us after that. 2nd goal we were chasing the ball and not cutting off options, and again Brophy was left unmarked to take it in and rattle the ball into our net. Two well taken goals but piss poor from us.

Didn't know we'd brought on 2 subs till Bruce pops up and scored, then also saw MacKay was on, both helped turn it around for us, and we were moving the ball better and getting down the wings. Bruce equalising and i was thinking can we do it again and score a 3rd to win this. Right kick in the nads when County scored instead.

Back to 6pts and feels deflating having to start all over again, trying to close the gap. If we can win our home game on Wed we might not be dead and buried yet, huge missed opportunity missed today though, all we can do now is keep on going and hope we get another shot at it.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:36 am

Yeh,most points covered by you guys.Thought County made their intent clear pre match starting with 3 strikers whilst our main man was on the bench again.What a difference he made when he came on,all to no avail in the end.Would love to know how many injury time sucker punches weve had against us this season.All 3 of Counties goals were totally avoidable, especially the first with Sangare making an absolute arse of himself.Criminal to throw the game away in that fashion and so dissapointing for those who made the trip up there.They deserved better.Get the feeling that's us gone now but of course till its mathematicaly impossible we've just got to keep delaying the inevitable. Crying or Very sad.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:35 am

The one good thing about the split is that if we can keep it close enough we then have 5 games against the other sides that we theoretically should be beating if we think we are good enough to stay in the division & frankly if we don’t get the results we need then we don’t deserve to stay up & simply weren’t good enough.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:49 pm

Auld Nick wrote:The one good thing about the split is that if we can keep it close enough we then have 5 games against the other sides that we theoretically should be beating if we think we are good enough to stay in the division & frankly if we don’t get the results we need then we don’t deserve to stay up & simply weren’t good enough.

Yeah we'll have a home game against County too. We'll have played 17 away games and 16 home games going into the split, so should be getting 3 home games in the final 5 post split fixtures.

Home games against current bottom 6 teams would be;

St Johnstone
    County
    Hibs

Away games would be;

Motherwell
    Aberdeen

Those away games are going to be very tough for us to get anything, we're really going to need to win our home games. Would be better for us if Motherwell made top 6 and Dundee dropped down to bottom 6, i think we'd have a chance taking something off them at Dens. Can't afford to be any more than 3pts behind post split, and hopefully we'll be a few pts ahead of County by then to make it a less daunting task.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:50 pm

No guarantees on the post split fixtures, our first ever top flight season saw us finish the season having played 18 home games and 20 away. Some seasons certain teams have had 3 home games against an opponent. That’s one of the downsides of the split, it isn’t always fair. The only way to guarantee a fair share of games would be to split after 22 games. We’d all have played each other home and away and would then have 5 home and 5 away after the split for 32 game season. But that will never happen cos teams won’t want to give up a second home game against one of the ugly sisters.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:40 pm

Auld Nick wrote:No guarantees on the post split fixtures, our first ever top flight season saw us finish the season having played 18 home games and 20 away. Some seasons certain teams have had 3 home games against an opponent. That’s one of the downsides of the split, it isn’t always fair. The only way to guarantee a fair share of games would be to split after 22 games. We’d all have played each other home and away and would then have 5 home and 5 away after the split for 32 game season. But that will never happen cos teams won’t want to give up a second home game against one of the ugly sisters.

Yeah right enough, it's pretty straight forward for us evening it up against the other current bottom 6 opponents, but it may not be possible for all the others to even out the home and away ties, and someone will get screwed, for someone i mean us, it has happened a few time. If we do lose one of our home games, it fecking better not be the one against County, or St Johnstone for that matter, depending on the results in the midweek games, and us playing them on Saturday, they could be dragged back into it too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am