The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Liviforever
Auld Nick
Troy
7 posters

Bad News Lions

Troy

Bad News Lions Empty Bad News Lions

Post by Troy Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Brilliant just bloody Brilliant.Once again we have have been dragged into the mire by more off field goings on published in this mornings papers.That this should happen once again prior to the most important part of the season coming up is absolutly soul destroying.So many times have we found ourselves on the brink of going out of buisness i feel that it could be only a matter of time before all these discreditors finnally get their wish and in doing so break the hearts of so many of us who have stuck by the club all these years.The rollercoaster that has been a Livi fan for all these years could be coming to a shuddering if not premature halt sometime very soon.God i hope im wrong but i feel so deflated at the moment as im sure many of you will feel the same.As for the club i can can only think of two words that sum the state of affairs right now.Pathetic and Embarresing!!!.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Bad News Lions Empty Re: Bad News Lions

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:13 pm

It all seems to be from 2014-2015, which suggests it happened under the original Livi5 regime, this seems confirmed by the appearance as witnesses of Nixon & Rankine.

The amount being claimed isn't huge, of course there may be charges over and above that amount, but assuming the claim is valid...if the club can't afford to pay this, then they will be out of business soon anyway even if they win the case.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:20 pm

Yep more from the Rankine/Nixon clusterfuck of a stewardship, get the feeling this is a standard response from Livi whenever someone is wanting money from them, 'we haven't got any and the club will go bust if you insist on us paying you'.

Tbh I don't know if you can take it seriously or if it is just a load of bull to get off from paying out compensation to folk. Hoping they'll have a guilt trip about destroying the club, or the court accepting the club can't pay it and handing out an instalment plan. It may well backfire right enough and the court just threatens to put us into admin, then we'll see if the money mysteriously appears to pay up.

You get past the whole Massone nightmare and go straight into a Nixon/Rankine one, the place is just one big farce, Trotters Independent Traders couldn't run Livi fc any worse in the dodgyness stakes.

That's Knox's transfer fee sorted then, Sevco will have to pay us 107.2 thousand pounds.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Obviously they aren't obliged to but surely one of the board members/shareholders will stump up the cash from their own reserves instead of letting the club go bust? Hopefully this is nothing more than the girl trying to get her desired outcome by going to the papers. Big smile on her face walking into the tribunal, don't enjoy it too much, love.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:42 pm

What's the story and which paper reported it?
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:44 pm

The Daily Record l cub.Read it and weep.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:52 pm

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:21 pm

Club Statement:

The recent Employment Tribunal case covered sensationally in certain Scottish newspapers is yet another legacy issue which Club has had to deal with in the past 11 months.

The club is operating on a sound business footing and the focus at the moment is on retaining our Championship status. The Operating Committee and Directors have worked hard to concentrate media attention on football matters, rather than the off field issues which were covered so publically and so damagingly last year.

For this reason we have not highlighted the ongoing situation with a former Director. However we can confirm that a court award of £85,000 was made against Gerard Keith Nixon following his failed legal action against Livingston Football Club.

This money has so far not been paid.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:40 pm

It mentioned the Nixon court award in the article, also claimed Livi didn't give contracts out to any employee other than the football players and that Nixon forged the PT receptionists contract, and he should pay her out of the 85K he owes Livi.

Not sure about the legal implications of employees not having contracts.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:49 pm

I'm pretty sure that under employment law if you work for a company and they pay you it is largely irrelevant whether you have a written, signed contract, in effect by your "custom & practice" and the company paying you in return for your services, it is in effect a binding contract based on the verbal agreement for you to start with them in the first place.

If I was to interview LF and offer him 3 bags of peanuts and a box of smarties for cutting my grass every month and he agreed to those terms and we further agreed that he could quit at any time and I could end his employment at any time and he subsequently started cutting my grass I would be contractually obliged to give him 3 bags of peanuts and a box of smarties.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 01, 2016 12:14 am

I'd be wanting a can of cola as well, thirsty work cutting grass
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 01, 2016 10:22 am

My budget can only stretch to Asda savers Cola, otherwise I'll have to call in the administrators
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:17 pm

orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:25 pm

Is this no a first for Livi? I got to the point where I just assumed every court case would be lost.
    Have we turned a corner?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:30 pm

We beat Nixon as well; but lost to McDougall. So its positive but could be a false dawn.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Lawyer getting more wins than Hopkin here.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:38 pm

If we ever beat the SFA or Celtic then i'll get excited.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 am