The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Killie vLivi.

Troy

Killie vLivi. Empty Killie vLivi.

Post by Troy Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:45 am

Not that I'm expecting it,but would be good to have some momentum heading to Firhill on Saturday. Killie doing extremely well atm and this will be a hard ask imo.Not sure what lineup hel go with,not that it will particularly matter.Were in a rut and doesn't seem any easy way out off it.Only hope being Killie have an off night,extremely unlikely. County doing their best to make it interesting in the coming weeks.Still suspect the gap although not surmountable will lengthen in the coming weeks.Hope I'm wrong as usual.😉.Mon the Lions.🦁🤞.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Killie vLivi. Empty Re: Killie vLivi.

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:08 pm

Troy wrote:Not that I'm expecting it,but would be good to have some momentum heading to Firhill on Saturday. Killie doing extremely well atm and this will be a hard ask imo.Not sure what lineup hel go with,not that it will particularly matter.Were in a rut and doesn't seem any easy way out off it.Only hope being Killie have an off night,extremely unlikely. County doing their best to make it interesting in the coming weeks.Still suspect the gap although not surmountable will lengthen in the coming weeks.Hope I'm wrong as usual.😉.Mon the Lions.🦁🤞.

Yep they're rank rotten and getting worse under Adams, really hope he's there till the end of the season. Don't think he or their players want him to be. But we still aren't getting any wins to close the gap on them, reckon it would only take one to get us going.

Killie fans saying they're down to the bare bones with injuries, but they've just signed 2 strikers far better than any we have, so i'll take that with a pinch of salt. They're a tough team to beat at home, even for the erse cheeks, so anything we can get would be unexpected. With our defending we'll need at least 2 goals to take something, would be massive if we got a win.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:48 pm

0-0 at half time with Mackay having a goal disallowed for offside
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:50 pm

Good first half, other than not scoring, goal ruled offside. Been the better team, has the Hearts home game feel to it, just hope the 2nd half doesn't turn out like it did in that game.

Yengi is a big lad that causes defenders problems, but he's more likely to give an assist than a goal scorer. We need to get Anderson on to get us a goal.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:59 pm

Late Watkins goal gives Killie the points
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:25 pm

Story of our season.

Don't take our chances and get bit on the arse right before the final whistle.

Big Shamal had a good game, as did Donnellan. Was up the other end of the pitch we let ourselves down this time, Sangare missing a sitter.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:29 am

Thems the breaks, this is how close we were to going a goal up in the first half.

Killie vLivi. Screen12

orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:50 am

Those lines are a piece of nonsense. It's not as if they are in any way scientific. The two players are as level as you can get and it was decreed some seasons ago that the attacking player should get the advantage. However the linesman flagged so can't blame VAR this time since would have been an offside without it anyway. On the other hand said linesman was about level with the penalty box when he raised his flag so I can't see how he could be sure of such a tight call when he was not level with play.
    But thems the breaks you get when you are bottom of the league.

Edit Having watched footage the linesman was actually in the right place but that doesn't change the fact that he got it wrong. 🙁

Last edited by orco on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:32 am

Having just watched the highlights back,we didn't deserve to lose that game.However once again the fates have conspired against us.Our inability to take the few chances we had are killing us.Yedi Mckay etc it goes on.Next season that Mckay goal would have stood.Only positive for me is hopefully take parts of that performance onto Firhill on Saturday.Yeh,sucker punch at the end,but we're well used to that Scenario by now.Crying or Very sad
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:12 pm

orco wrote:Those lines are a piece of nonsense. It's not as if they are in any way scientific. The two players are as level as you can get and it was decreed some seasons ago that the attacking player should get the advantage. However the linesman flagged so can't blame VAR this time since would have been an offside without it anyway. On the other hand said linesman was about level with the penalty box when he raised his flag so I can't see how he could be sure of such a tight call when he was not level with play.

Edit Having watched footage the linesman was actually in the right place but that doesn't change the fact that he got it wrong. 🙁

The linesman flagged a County goal as being offside too and VAR overruled him. Also don't understand why a lot of the time the linesman waits for 10 seconds or so before flagging an obvious offside, and other times puts his flag up straight away, when it's a tighter call.

Annoys the shit out of me when an offside player that is yards ahead of our last man is allowed to keep going till his shot gets blocked, risking players making last ditched tackles being injured, or sent off for a tackle that shouldn't have been needed had he just flagged straight away.

On this occasion it's MacKay's shoulder that's ruled offside, piece of nonsense, should be his foot that counts, and that is level. The Linesman is probably judging it on MacKay's upper body leaning forward, and the Killie player leaning back towards Pittman, and thought MacKay was well ahead of him, when in fact their feet were level, but he got lucky that MacKay's shoulder was a bawhair ahead of the Killie players foot. When you're talking fractions like this though VAR really shouldn't rule anything offside.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:17 pm

VAR should be binned, it’s a farce which is spoiling the game. Not having it wouldn’t have altered anything as Lino gave it anyway but it should be binned. English refs have apparently stated that VAR down there is not good enough for the fans. They are right.

As for our season… part of me wants us dumped out the cup so we can focus on closing in on Ross…another part of me wants us to do a Wigan and win the thing whilst going down. Of course there is another part of me wants us to win it and stay up. But I suspect the only bit we’ll get is the bit we don’t want.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:32 pm

Auld Nick wrote:VAR should be binned, it’s a farce which is spoiling the game. Not having it wouldn’t have altered anything as Lino gave it anyway but it should be binned. English refs have apparently stated that VAR down there is not good enough for the fans. They are right.

As for our season… part of me wants us dumped out the cup so we can focus on closing in on Ross…another part of me wants us to do a Wigan and win the thing whilst going down. Of course there is another part of me wants us to win it and stay up. But I suspect the only bit we’ll get is the bit we don’t want.

The 3rd option would be my choice. lol!

Wonder how many of us would take winning the Scottish cup over staying up. The way things are going off field, we'd be in this position again next season, and prob be going down, but a Scottish cup might only come along once in our lifetime.

Anyway, hope we have a  cup run to the final and stay up, the cup run might just give the players the boost to start winning league games too. Didn't we win the Petrofac cup the season Burchill did the great escape?
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:43 am

Liviforever wrote:
    orco wrote:Those lines are a piece of nonsense. It's not as if they are in any way scientific. The two players are as level as you can get and it was decreed some seasons ago that the attacking player should get the advantage. However the linesman flagged so can't blame VAR this time since would have been an offside without it anyway. On the other hand said linesman was about level with the penalty box when he raised his flag so I can't see how he could be sure of such a tight call when he was not level with play.

The linesman flagged a County goal as being offside too and VAR overruled him. Also don't understand why a lot of the time the linesman waits for 10 seconds or so before flagging an obvious offside, and other times puts his flag up straight away, when it's a tighter call.

Annoys the shit out of me when an offside player that is yards ahead of our last man is allowed to keep going till his shot gets blocked, risking players making last ditched tackles being injured, or sent off for a tackle that shouldn't have been needed had he just flagged straight away.

On this occasion it's MacKay's shoulder that's ruled offside, piece of nonsense, should be his foot that counts, and that is level. The Linesman is probably judging it on MacKay's upper body leaning forward, and the Killie player leaning back towards Pittman, and thought MacKay was well ahead of him, when in fact their feet were level, but he got lucky that MacKay's shoulder was a bawhair ahead of the Killie players foot. When you're talking fractions like this though VAR really shouldn't rule anything offside.

And yet when the County player got the ball last week his arms were ahead of Ayo but the goal was allowed to stand because you can't score with your arms. When was the last time you saw a player score with his shoulder? Cannae win with these guys. They're all desperate for Livi (and their plastic pitch) to go down anyway so we will never get the benefit of the doubt in situations like this.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:50 am

One more thing on var - Orco mentioned the lines… they look like someone drew them on with a thick felt tip pen. How are they supposed to help?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:30 am

Martindale saying he's had 2 apologies from the SFA for getting decisions wrong, but that doesn't help us any. Aye they don't give you the pts those decisions cost you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:50 pm