The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
EdinburghLivi
Smithy
Durnford
mozam76
LiviLion
Edward snowdon
Auld Nick
Achilles
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
HoudaBetsy
15 posters

Livi v Hearts

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Livi v Hearts - Page 3 Empty Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:03 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Smithy wrote:
    EdinburghLivi wrote:It's no coincidence that all of our goals conceded come down that right side with Fordyce. I hope to fuck that Donaldson is decent or we will continue to struggle against teams with good wingers.

Played well though, probably were worth a point. Mensing and Gallagher strolled it.

Somebody said to me yesterday that Bournemouth are looking at Jamieson?

At this time of year there is always wee chin wags in the crowd with scouts being at the ground. Overheard some people talking yesterday and think it was St Johnstone and Hearts scouts and Mullen and White were mentioned.

Certainly both did their profile no harm in the game and if Bournemouth were watching DJ then he did himself no harm too. However you can never tell by what you hear right enough but I'm sure some of our players are getting looked at as we would most probably take any offers at present.

Think Gary Glen was also worth a mention - if only he would play like that against teams he hadn't been dumped by.

Yeah spot on, he was class yesterday. He's been our best player by some distance this season, and I don't think he gets enough credit. I really like him.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Can see Mullen being a really good player for us next season and scoring over 15 goals, just a season too soon for him being relied on for goals as one of our main striker.

The big test is our next 4 games, all games we are capable of winning and should be looking to take at least 8 points from. All well and good getting up for the last two big teams but unless we keep that level of performance up then we aren't going to claw back the points to stay in the Championship.

Last edited by Liviforever on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:20 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:

Hmmm, I'd say it was definitely over 9K. The empty seats really didn't look anymore than 3K.

Not sure if the gate number includes hospitality who come through the main entrance rather than the turnstiles - that possibly counts for a few hundred?

Anyway great to see the stadium so full again
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:24 pm

Liviforever wrote:Can see Mullen being a really good player for us next season and scoring over 15 goals, just a season too soon for him being relied on for goals as one of our main striker.

The big test is our next 4 games, all games we are capable of winning and should be looking to take at least 8 points from. All well and good getting up for the last two big teams but unless we keep that level of performance up then we aren't going to claw back the points to stay in the Championship.

Can never make up my mind over Mullens' proper position; whether as a full out and out striker or as supporting behind the main target man
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:44 am

Looked more of a dive for their penalty than the one they got booked for, justice was done when DJ saved it. White should have scored both his headers, excruciating to watch them again in the highlights, argh!!!!!!

Nicely tucked away for Ogleby's goal, was def offside though. Feel it in my water he's going to score against QoS,
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:33 am

Far better tempo and passing, we looked a lot more comfortable in possession, Danny who played well, should of done slightly better and hit the target at the end to snatch a well deserved draw!! White also unlucky with effort in first half as not enough pace on 2nd cross for me in the second half but he can do slightly better with first header IMO but good movement and aggressiveness shown. DJ looked sharper and Rutherford was improved, Mensing got caught for the goal from Keatings movement but had a solid game as did Gallagher, Glen, White & Mullen and if Hippo had a work ethic he would be our best player as he shows his quality in spells from the bench, really nice touches.

If you compare chances with Hearts in the game we had limited clear cut chances, just look at the service Keatings got in the game and missed sitters, not like our half chances, if we continue to play at the level that we did on Saturday and take half chances then we will climb the table! However the goal we conceaded is so preventable and is just a lack of concentration from the back four, especially Fordyce but it's unfortunate as it's good play from Eckersley and a good goal from Heart's perspective.

We just played the league winners IMO and more than matched them spells and were desperately unlucky (that's what we are at the minute) not to get something, but I reckon things are looking up for 2015 so Com on the Amber Machine!!

Another thing McKenna is surely over? I dunno what's gone wrong, too big a jump I reckon at this particular time for him.

Last edited by Livi2IDie on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:48 am

Hearts were killing us down both flanks.

Rutherford got some help from Glen and Mensing, Dycey got no help at all.

Both full backs were gash for us.

Credit to Burchill, he saw that McKenna was doing nothing and was the reason we were 1) Losing possession and 2) not giving Dycey cover and he made the change. Hippo did well for spells but needs to sustain that throughout the half.

DJ, Mensing and Gallacher were outstanding at the back.

In midfield I thought that the game passed O'Brien by and he looked as if he was half a step behind the pace and Kyle Jacobs was the one doing most of the work.

Glen was outstanding on one wing and Mullen was on the other when he was moved there.

The less said about White the better. Ogelby did well when he came on and was unlucky to be offside.

As for the penalties, what a pair of divers the Hearts boys were, neither incident was a penalty and if the ref had correctly called the 1st one and booked the diver, then I don't think the 2nd one would have happened.

I'm liking our style of play under Burchill, the big test for us is over the next month, starting with Queens away and then facing the 3 part-time clubs. If we want to stay up, we need to pick up points and soon.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:50 am

Liviforever wrote:

Looked more of a dive for their penalty than the one they got booked for, justice was done when DJ saved it. White should have scored both his headers, excruciating to watch them again in the highlights, argh!!!!!!

Nicely tucked away for Ogleby's goal, was def offside though. Feel it in my water he's going to score against QoS,
    Have a pint of what your on mate if you think Ogleby is going to score haha.

Hope you are right though as would be good for the lad.

Regarding White, I think you are being a bit harsh because good strikers will always miss more than they score, look at Keatings he missed a glaring chance the a shot that was saved by the keeper , then a terrible penalty miss as it was hit straight at the keeper all this happened before he scored a tap in in 25 mins. White had a great shot saved by the keeper. Started the move which led to his header had a man on him as he jumped and put it wide. The second header he won it in between two Hearts defenders but couldn't get enough on it. So I will stick up for the bigman as I'm much more confident that goals will come from him than Ogleby lol.

It was brilliant in the second half on Saturday everybody playing well, Dj was excellent all game apart from his slowness in getting a goal kick out in the dying mins, cmon keeps get the kicks out quicker. Big Mensing had an excellent game as did Rutherford. and Gallagher who is cool on the ball too. Hippolyte had his best game effort wise and in Glen , Mullen and White we have 3 players who give their all week in week out for the jersey.

This was the champions elect we were playing and as someone else said on another post, it's the best I have felt walking out of a game having lost it.

Proud of the team on Saturday

Well done lads keep playing like this and we will start gaining points.

Well done to Burchy who it would appear has got a little bit more out of the players
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:53 pm

Yeah Keatings missed even easier chances, twice, then got a tap in for his goal.

Just got a feeling about Ogleby, he had that one on one that he missed with the keeper getting in first, then the offside goal against Hearts, actually chipped the keeper well to stick it in the net, got a feeling a goal is coming for him. Maybe he'll be like Boulding, next to useless first half of the season and hit some form in the run in, we could do with him scoring a few. He looked decent pre season, and in the game he was injured, though hitting the target seemed a problem, kept putting it over the bar.
    Yeah I know, my head is full of little fairies here, hoping Ogleby will start knocking in some goals. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:25 pm

BTW...was Keaghan injured for the game? If not, where was he?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:BTW...was Keaghan injured for the game? If not, where was he?

Been carryine an injury the last couple of games and was rested on Sat. Bruised bone in his foot.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:15 pm

Injured as per the transfer rumour thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am