The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Whitburn Vale
Edward snowdon
mozam76
Afro
ianlivi
Lexi Collector
cptn_hooch
Liviforever
Durnford
LiviCub
EdinburghLivi
Achilles
Auld Nick
17 posters

Livi v Cowden

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Cowden - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Oh no it won't....at least it was announced as game on this morning....might start & be called off though looking out my window just now as I prepare to leave for the Vale!
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:35 pm

There was so much wrong with that I don't even know where to begin. Utter shite.

We're as good as down.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Why even wait until February to get reamed by the authorities? Just shut us down now because this is utterly tragic. We played well up until a fucking calamity from Mensing - no doubt the usual suspects will be straight on DJ's case but Mensing's what, 32 years old? He's been around the block a bit. He's an experienced defender. He should be booting that ball straight into the fucking atmosphere, not fudding about with it. Wind was totally taken out of us by then and I'm sorry, but Jordan White is the main culprit here - not a Championship player. Had a several great chances and missed them, and made a total meal out of his penalty attempt as well. If we have any ambition to stay in this division it is imperative that we get someone better than this haddy in. Clearly Burchill doesn't rate Ogleby, either that or he must be injured because to not include someone who's put four away midweek, even if it is Berwick Rangers' reserves, is bewildering otherwise. Same goes for Glen as well, suspended or injured? Bringing on Praptrotnik with five minutes to go - fuck me.

No pace in the team. No creativity. No width. No desire. Empty the majority of these clowns before someone reports them for fraudulently claiming a wage as professional footballers.

Also, quite how Declan Gallagher ended up with us is beyond me. There is no way on Earth he should be mucking about at the foot of the Championship, best player on the pitch for me.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Can't even be bothered to post - appalling
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Agree with Afro on Mensing's ridiculous og. DJ was clearly coming towards the ball to clear it so why did he touch it at all? There was no danger at all.

Disagree on the penalty; White struck it well & in the corner, the only thing wrong with it was the height off the deck which was just right for a keeper. Credit to their keeper for an excellent save to make up for his shoddy handling of the ball for our goal.

We were well on top until Mensing mucked up. Heads visibly dropped but we were still the better side for most of the match. White needs a spell on the bench though because he is not scoring easy chances at the moment.

Praprotnik looked decent for the short time he was on.

Gallagher will not be at Livi for long, he is capable of playing at a much higher level with better players.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:48 pm

Pretty dire all round. Can't disagree with any of the stuff that's been said, apart from whites pen - looked more like a cracking save as opposed to a shite spot kick.

I didn't actually see what happened for the equaliser, I'd need to see the replay for a proper look.

It was all very funereal today. No win next week, then we're down. Simple as that.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Well another poor display seems whatever manager we have its the same players picked and most of them are proving to be less capable than part timers and we deservedly are foot of the table.
    Talbot and Mensing (Mensing bad injury and age) will start every game when fit and both are nothing more than junior football players. Fordyce is youngish but how he is playing Championship football is beyond me. Declan Gallagher will be ready to walk out playing in this defence he is above this level .
    Keaghan Jacobs is the only midfielder we have worth his place - Brother Kyle is rank rotten how Pratonik Robertson or Beaumont are not given a chance before him is a mystery. I have zero confidence of us ever scoring with our strikers and our only goal today could easily have been a freekick to the goalie who seemed to be bundled off the ball, how poor is Mullen at holding up the ball or picking a pass loses the ball constantly. Some of the names I have mentioned give 100 percent but sorry they cannot do the basics. We are in big trouble on and off the field
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Our best chances all fell to White and he should've taken at least one of them, free header at the back post and two in the centre, plus the penalty. We would've strolled that game had we not stuck it in our own net, really despair at times with Livi this season, get the goal, look as if we'll score a few more and then boom, it all goes to hell.

Story of our season really, too many games we should've won and blew it. Only good thing was seeing how shite Cowden are in the final third too and that they wont be too far away if we can somehow win some games. That and Alloa losing, so we at least got a point back against them, and IF we can somehow get our act together next week and beat them we'll be breathing down their neck.

All that is irrelevant with the *******s from the SFA and SPFL waiting to lay the boot in right enough but it would still be good to see us win a few games and do what we can on the pitch.
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:37 pm

What a desperate day,the display by the team was as cold as my feet by the end of it,as has been mentioned Gallagher is a class act,White and Mullen are muppets.It would be nice to win some games before the end of the season but to be honest I think it'll all be in vain as we're gonna get turned over by the SPFL and be deducted even more points,league 1 and part time football here we come.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:50 am

Get white to fuck. Utter garbage. I wanted to give this guy a chance but he's a waster. How many chances fell to him today and he pissed it up the wall?
    Hippo looked like he was playing for his life at times today, put in a hell of a shift but no end product. Didn't deserve to be taken off - Burchill comes on for him instead of white. The fans made their view on that sub very clear.
    Gallagher needs to leave as well, not because he is shite but he is wasting his time and talent here.
    I'm not normally critical of Mensing but he's been a horror show since returning from injury.
    Both Jacobs can also do one, bring nothing at all to our team.
    This season is horrible, if we are relegated we are dead... We will get relegated so there is no point prolonging this nightmare we are forced to live in.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:24 am

All very well saying get rid of all those players but we've no dosh to get much better. We've emptied better players than we have just now because we couldn't afford to keep them, so unfortunately we're getting what we can afford and if we drop a division it will prob get worse. Bloody lucky to have someone of Gallagher's class this season, no idea how we managed to get him but glad he's here.

Tbh we did enough to win this game easy and had we taken our chances we wouldn't be complaining about anything. I keep saying we need a bloody striker and today showed that big time, looks like we're stuck with what we have after the latest news about Rankine though.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:22 am

Criticism for certain individual players is quality on here, hardly supporters you lot but some fair reflections of the game and a team game it is, we must remember this at this frustating time!

The fact of the matter is we've missed chances in the last few games, yes of course we have including a missed pen, and two open goals, we've been unlucky in front of goals and must improve without question but we've now conceded in 11 straight games and that's relegation form unfortunately!! We've conceded in 16 games out of our last 17 games before winning 4-0 at home to Alloa and some defenders are still getting lauded as superstars (illogical) our last clean sheet was back in October (0-0 against Falkirk) if we keep conceding every week, especially to teams in the lower half it's curtains I'm afraid. It's not conceding goals all the time that's even the worst, it's the goals we are conceding at times - obvious bad defending and bad goalkeeping errors/ mix ups and even own goals - horrible viewing.

I believe we do need another front man in the squad but more importantly a midfielder that can pass and score goals too (we don't have any) but deary me people we need a shakeup at the back, possibly two or three defenders in, young boys to be given a chance or something because the stats don't lie, not good enough!

In football you build from the back - all the best managers will adhere to that, hopefully we can scrape a 1-0 on Saturday but until something is changed defensively I can't see that illusive clean sheet unfortunately.

On a slightly more positive note, I see a slight improvement under the new management considering 3/4 of the opponents we've played under new management are in the top 4 in the league, we can compete, just need to improve in all areas of the park!

Good Luck Burchy.

Last edited by Livi2IDie on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:45 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Of the three teams above us we have conceded the same as Alloa and Cowdenbeath Dumbarton and Raith nearly 10 more than ourselves Football has changed clean shhets are not the emphsis scoring more in a game is. Your openining statement about critisism of individual on here is quality - eh you then go on to say defence and goalie mix up is horrible viewing , we only played one goalie and that was DJ so you have critiicised a individual.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Livi2IDie wrote:The fact of the matter is we've missed chances in the last few games, yes of course we have including a missed pen, and two open goals, we've been unlucky in front of goals and must improve without question but we've now conceded in 11 straight games and that's relegation form unfortunately!! We've conceded in 16 games out of our last 17 games before winning 4-0 at home to Alloa and some defenders are still getting lauded as superstars (illogical) our last clean sheet was back in October (0-0 against Falkirk) if we keep conceding every week, especially to teams in the lower half it's curtains I'm afraid. It's not conceding goals all the time that's even the worst, it's the goals we are conceding at times - obvious bad defending and bad goalkeeping errors/ mix ups and even own goals - horrible viewing.

Some? I've only seen Gallagher being praised, and rightly so IMO. He's far too good for us.

Yesterday was a big disappointment in what was a must win game, we started the better team and it looked like we could have had a couple more goals but the equaliser went in, heads dropped and we looked shaky.

Every part of the squad needs worked on, defence, our non-existent midfield, and the attackers. I'll wait and see who (if anyone) Burchill brings in to try and sort us out. Think we need a change in formation too though, the 4-2-3-1 hasn't worked for a while so I think we need to change it up a bit.
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:52 pm

Are you sure thats the formation we use (4-2-3-1) because none of the team seem to be able to find a teammate with a pass .

There are times it resembles school boy football - i was going to say pub team but thats insulting to the pub teams - come to think about it i've just insulted school teams , sorry
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 pm

Yep, every time we got a break in midfield to go on the attack with a slack pass from Cowden players, or nipping in to win a ball off them, we immediately gave it away. Was really frustrating to watch so many bad passes from Livi players, esp in the final third when we broke up the pitch. Saying that we still created enough to comfortably win the game which is even more frustrating.

Someone said Ogleby scored 4 goals in a midweek game, is he injured as he wasn't on the bench. Not been a fan of his but this is the one time he merited an appearance. Robertson was meant to be away but he was on the bench.

Here's the 60 seconds of highlights for anyone that can bear watching all our misses and Mensing's og.

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:11 pm

The turning point in that match was the equaliser. It was a freak goal and Mensing and Jamieson should both be at equal fault. Looking back at the 60 second highlights, Jamieson looks to be in Mensing's line of vision so should've seen him coming while Jamieson should've screamed loud enough for all of West Lothian to hear that it was his ball. But this was the biggest example of the lack of communication throughout the team whick took place yesterday. We were in control up until the equaliser and it done our confidence for the remainder of the game.

Fordyce was out of his depth (again) and it was evident that Jordan White can't compete at this level. He was bullied off every 50:50 and can't win a header for dear life. As much as our passing was poor, Keaghan, Mullen and Hippolyte were the only ones in the team who wanted to get forward with the ball. I like Kyle as he's a grafter which we need in this league but he had a poor game. As a team we never pressed against them, looked lethargic and we lacked ideas in the final third.

Have to question the support of some fans as the sarcasm and criticisms were loud enough for the players to hear and was unnecessary. On the pitch at least, we're fighting for survival and the last thing they need is a bunch of fans getting on their back the way they were yesterday. Don't get me wrong, we're shite, but the last thing we should be doing as supporters is calling out negative comments directly to them.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:34 pm

I kind of agree, Cub. It's maybe where I sit, but you don't tend to hear sustained levels of abuse towards them players. You'll hear the odd howl of derision at a stray pass, but that's pretty much it.

I'd like to think that most people would say the same as me - that these players are well aware of what they are - there's no delusions of grandeur, they're just a team of decentish players who aren't performing well. Their professional pride will be taking a kicking just now, from themselves more than anyone else.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:01 am

LiviCub wrote:The turning point in that match was the equaliser. It was a freak goal and Mensing and Jamieson should both be at equal fault. Looking back at the 60 second highlights, Jamieson looks to be in Mensing's line of vision so should've seen him coming while Jamieson should've screamed loud enough for all of West Lothian to hear that it was his ball. But this was the biggest example of the lack of communication throughout the team whick took place yesterday. We were in control up until the equaliser and it done our confidence for the remainder of the game.

Fordyce was out of his depth (again) and it was evident that Jordan White can't compete at this level. He was bullied off every 50:50 and can't win a header for dear life. As much as our passing was poor, Keaghan, Mullen and Hippolyte were the only ones in the team who wanted to get forward with the ball. I like Kyle as he's a grafter which we need in this league but he had a poor game. As a team we never pressed against them, looked lethargic and we lacked ideas in the final third.

Have to question the support of some fans as the sarcasm and criticisms were loud enough for the players to hear and was unnecessary. On the pitch at least, we're fighting for survival and the last thing they need is a bunch of fans getting on their back the way they were yesterday. Don't get me wrong, we're shite, but the last thing we should be doing as supporters is calling out negative comments directly to them.

You've just been negative to some of our players on here so that's a bit hypocritical!
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:42 am

mozam76 wrote:I kind of agree, Cub. It's maybe where I sit, but you don't tend to hear sustained levels of abuse towards them players. You'll hear the odd howl of derision at a stray pass, but that's pretty much it.

I'd like to think that most people would say the same as me - that these players are well aware of what they are - there's no delusions of grandeur, they're just a team of decentish players who aren't performing well. Their professional pride will be taking a kicking just now, from themselves more than anyone else.

I sit in A2 and there's one fanny who sits at the furthest row back and must orgasm through the satisfaction of abusing our players every other Saturday. To be honest, the A section is fittingly the Arsehole section, always has been always will be. Two men got in a hissy fit with each other because one was hurling abuse and the other was questioning their support. The same happened between two other supporters when we played Cowdenbeath at their ground in November.

Livi2IDie wrote:
    LiviCub wrote:The turning point in that match was the equaliser. It was a freak goal and Mensing and Jamieson should both be at equal fault. Looking back at the 60 second highlights, Jamieson looks to be in Mensing's line of vision so should've seen him coming while Jamieson should've screamed loud enough for all of West Lothian to hear that it was his ball. But this was the biggest example of the lack of communication throughout the team whick took place yesterday. We were in control up until the equaliser and it done our confidence for the remainder of the game.

You've just been negative to some of our players on here so that's a bit hypocritical!

I'm not going to lie, I'm as big a pussy as any other when it comes to publicly criticising our players when watching us play. And I also don't do it because of the current situation we're in, a group of full-time players who can't even compete against a pish, diddy team from Fife. But do you seriously think the likes of Jason Talbot, Simon Mensing or Kyle Jacobs are going to waste their time scrolling though this when they've got better things to do like flog protein shakes or wank over some over-rated American box set?
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:34 am

I've not posted for the last couple of weeks as been away with work and missed games.it's amazing what you can do when you have a bit of time on your hands, so thinking about our lack of goals and where we are in the league I thought I would have a look at other teams in the championship which I will share with you all. These stats are based on league goals up to last Saturday before game v Cowdenbeath.

Hearts 47 goals 16 different goalscorers Keatings top goalscorer with 8 goals 17% of their goals.

Rangers 35 goals 14 different goalscorers law top goalscorer with 6 goals 17% of their goals.

Hibs 34 goals 15 different goalscorers, Cummings top goalscorer with 8 goals  23% of their goals.

Queens 34 goals 9 different goalscorers,Reilly top goalscorer with 9 goals 26% of their goals

Falkirk 24 goals 11 different goalscorers,Loy top goalscorer with 6 goals 25% of their goals.

Raith Rovers 21 goals 9 different goalscorers, Nade top goalscorer with 5 goals, 24% of their goals.

Dumbarton 20 goals 9 different goalscorers,Fleming top goalscorer with 4 goals 20% of their goals.

Cowdenbeath 18 goals 6 different goalscorers, Gallagher top goalscorer with 5 goals 28% of their goals.

Alloa 16 goals 7 different goalscorers,Buchanan top goalscorer with 8 goals 50% of their goals.

Livingston 17 goals 7 different goalscorers, White top goalscorer with 7 goals 41% of our goals.

Certainly made me think about why we are not scoring as many goals. Yes strikers will miss chances but the real problem is that we don't have many players helping out in the goal stakes. White and Mullen have contributed 64% of our goals this season which is a very good ratio when you compare us to the other teams in the league.
    So maybe we need to think about things a wee bit more before we savage two young players in White and Mullen because they are playing their part in comparison to other teams.if they scored with every chance they got they would be playing with Barca not Livi.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:43 pm

Just noticed that Jason Talbot got man of the match on Saturday? How on earth did that happen?

Not his worst game but was he really better than Keaghan Jacobs or Declan Gallagher?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Nobody stuck out that much as a MotM for me, but Gallagher was pretty composed in defence and solid too, if I were choosing one of our players it would've been him.

Smithy, we've always relied on one player to score most of our goals, as far back as I can remember we've had a player who has been our main goal scorer. This season it has fallen to White, with Mullen picking up a decent amount after a bad start. White sticks out like a sore thumb with the amount he's missing in front of goal, plus he was doing well until the Alloa game then dried up.

Would be good if our midfield could chip in with some too, Kyle also had a clear shot at goal from centre of the 18 yard line and hit it woefully off target. and the odd headed goal from a defender in a set piece play wouldn't go amiss. Unfortunately though White is the one squandering most of our goal scoring opportunities.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:28 pm

On the plus side...at least he is getting in to potential scoring positions

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 pm