The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Champs League Semis

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Champs League Semis  Empty Champs League Semis

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Advantage Real from last night with the away goal....Juve were well worth there win tho. I'd love it if Tevez & Co put them out.

Tonight's game was simply fantastic; excellent at 0-0 it went into a different stratosphere in the last 15-20 mins.

I fully expect another all Spanish final but I hope Juve knock out Real.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Champs League Semis  Empty Re: Champs League Semis

Post by Liviforever Thu May 07, 2015 12:12 am

Messi is just different class, just jinks his way past players and has the best touch I've ever seen to dink the ball over a top goal keeper casual as you like.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu May 07, 2015 12:36 am

That was an absolutely disgusting performance from Barcelona and Messi in particular. I wasn't born in time to see Maradona, but he must've been out of this planet if he's better than Messi. He's worth the 50 odd quid a month for Sky alone. I'm not a fan of Guardiola, he's arrogant and tonight his arrogance got the better of him. First half their defending was solid, but you could tell it wasn't going to last and Barca were gonna get the better of them. You've got Rakitic, Messi, Suarez and Neymar running at you with Iniesta and Mascherano controlling everything behind that point, so surely you've gotta stick 5 or 6 men behind the ball and break with pace. Playing Lahm in midfield was a bit of a joke. 2nd half Barca clicked and ran them ragged. I'd absolutely love to go and watch them one day, this is the best side they've had since Guardiola left.

Would've liked a Bayern - Barca final, as they're the 2 best club sides on the planet IMO, but Bayern were to naïve this evening. Like BB, I wanna see Juve in the final but I feel Madrid will overpower them - they're built on defense Juve, but you've got an attack which is fantastic coming at you (albeit not on the same level of Barca). Barca to beat Madrid in a dece final IMO.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 07, 2015 1:45 am

Pele was pretty shit hot on the ball too and could go past 4 or 5 players as if they weren't there, quite similar to Messi in tight areas.

I don't think you can compare Pele, Maradona and Messi as they played in different eras and football has changed quite a lot over the years with rules, technology and even pitches.

All 3 were the worlds best In their respective times, unmatched in skill.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu May 07, 2015 2:03 am

Aye, best in their eras, but as you say times have changed. Footballers are fitter now, the game is more technical and raw talent and ability is more important. The standard of football keeps in getting better, whereas in other sports like tennis, the standard dips and rises. There's been some really gifted players over the last 10 years; the Ronaldo's, Ronaldinho, Zidane (2nd best player ever IMO), Henry etc but I feel Messi is better than them all. He's played in the greatest era ever and still displayed the best football - even in comparison to Maradona and Pele.

From the clips I've seen of Maradona I'd have him, Messi and Zidane as the 3 greats.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu May 07, 2015 10:43 am

No idea how people can actually compare Cristiano Ronaldo to Messi anymore, they're not even on the same planet.

The fact Messi made Neuer look like a total clown is most pleasing. Guy's a tit.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu May 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Afro wrote:No idea how people can actually compare Cristiano Ronaldo to Messi anymore, they're not even on the same planet.

The fact Messi made Neuer look like a total clown is most pleasing. Guy's a tit.

He absolutely did, but that was nothing compared to Boateng absolutely collapsing flat on his face. I cheered when that happened.

I never used to like Barca because I think Guardiola is a wank, and I didn't like the way they went about their transfer business, but since he's left I've been able to appreciate them a lot more. They are absolutely magnificent to watch.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 07, 2015 7:40 pm

Wouldn't say no to having Ronaldo in my team either right enough, he can't half score goals. Different style of player from Messi though, certainly not anywhere as skillfil on the ball but has pace and directness that scares the life out of defenders and is good in the air too, as well as being able to hit a ball from distance.

Messi is also a playmaker as well as a goal scorer, he'll take the ball anywhere and players are scared to jump in to tackle him. He's a joy to watch when he goes on a mazy run. Great quick feet and can't half pick out a pass too, just an incredible player.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Absolutely delighted that the Old Lady of Turin dumped out a hopelessly ineffective Ronaldo & co.

I would expect Barce to win but Juve have the defensive strength to trouble them.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat May 23, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the Champions League when Chelsea or Arsenal aren't playing but I'm delighted we didn't get an el Classico final. The pundits' fapping would have ruined the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:44 am