The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

League Title

djs9750

League Title Empty League Title

Post by djs9750 Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Just watched the Falkirk v Sevco game and it's obvious that they will win the league. All they need to do is fall over and they will get a decision. Calum Murray should hang his head, although he will have had his instructions. There is no way that they deserved that win and without 'assistance' there is no way they would have got it . No chance of anyone challenging them.
    Smithy
    Smithy

League Title Empty Re: League Title

Post by Smithy Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:46 pm

djs9750 wrote:Just watched the Falkirk v Sevco game and it's obvious that they will win the league.  All they need to do is fall over and they will get a decision. Calum Murray should hang his head, although he will have had his instructions. There is no way that they deserved that win and without 'assistance' there is no way they would have got it . No chance of anyone challenging them.

They won because they believed they were going to win.

Football is a simple game

Score more goals than the opposition.

It could be argued that Falkirk were the better team but its all about getting
    goals.

What I took out of the game is that we could well be dark horses in this league, only time will tell.

Lets start with a win tomorrow.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:41 am

Didn't see the game (was it on Sky?). The BBC basically said that Falkirk played well but their finishing was rank and Cammy Bell had a good game.

It's clear Rangers aren't a great team but as Smithy says, they expect wins and tend to take their chances, in addition. Like us last Saturday, it will be tough going at some points so we need to make sure we take as many chances as possible and make good decisions.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:32 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:Didn't see the game (was it on Sky?). The BBC basically said that Falkirk played well but their finishing was rank and Cammy Bell had a good game.

It's clear Rangers aren't a great team but as Smithy says, they expect wins and tend to take their chances, in addition. Like us last Saturday, it will be tough going at some points so we need to make sure we take as many chances as possible and make good decisions.

Was on BT Sport EL

What struck me was that we could prove a handful against both Falkirk and Rangers.

I have now watched Hibs QOTS live and Hearts Rangers and Falkirk on TV, nothing to fear as feel we can play as good football as anyone, we just need to have the belief and winning mentality.

Its going to be an interesting season.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Good points on the belief mentality Smithy. Its something the OF always have; the belief that they will win even when they are poor sides; the opposition need to develop the same mentality & then it comes down to who plays better on the day or more accurately who takes their chances on the day. We have all seen games where teams have been vastly superior on the day but the opposition keeper plays a worldy & the ball sneaks in at the other end.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:04 pm

Derby today had a dire first half but it opened up in the second, think Hearts deserved it in the end. Hibs are definitely there for the taking, they're the weakest of the three 'big clubs'. Lovely goal by Nicholson for the opener.

Hopefully Hearts make a few changes and play a few of their younger/reserve players who may be lacking game time. At the moment they're looking strong favourites ahead of the cup game on Wednesday.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Btw, is it worth having a sticky for general Championship chat?
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:52 pm

I like having the different threads for different topics but if folk want that, I can easy set that up.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:20 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:I like having the different threads for different topics but if folk want that, I can easy set that up.

Obviously keep it under 'Other Football Discussion', just thought it might be easier as a reference to discuss other results in the league.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:19 pm

LiviCub wrote:
    EdinburghLivi wrote:I like having the different threads for different topics but if folk want that, I can easy set that up.

Obviously keep it under 'Other Football Discussion', just thought it might be easier as a reference to discuss other results in the league.

Lets hope other fans will be talking about our results in future,starting with tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:38 pm