The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Afro
LiviLion
Whitburn Vale
Auld Nick
Liviforever
9 posters

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game) Empty Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game)

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:58 pm

This is it guys, the game we can win the title has finally come, and no better team to win it against than Alloa our closest rivals.

A draw would be enough but I want to win the league with a victory, not a draw, going into a game looking to draw it will get us a defeat so lets get out there and gub them 3 or 4 nil.

Livi 4-0 Alloa. FG 9 mins. Mon the Livi Lions. bounce cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game) Empty Re: Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game)

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:04 pm

You make exactly the right points LF. If we go in trying to avoid defeat then the chances are we will lose. If we go in trying to win at least if we lose we can't be accused of not giving it a go.

Given they haven't beaten us this season they will no doubt want to spoil the party. They will also know that beating us will only delay the inevitable with Stenhousemuir our next opponents. However, they also know we then play three sides that have caused us problems, so they will be trying like bears to keep the champagne on ice in the hope that Stenhousemuir cause an upset the following week.

Sadly, I will not make it to this game due to a previously arranged event & it could well be the game of the season in terms of two teams going at each other's throats.

I'm going to predict that we will clinch the title with a 2-2 draw; the opening goal being scored in the 14th minute.

Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Looking forward to this,think it will be a scoring draw and that will see us over the line.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm getting excited about this game now, can hardly wait.

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game) C8kSb1qWsAE2ZHu
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:35 pm

You're rubbing it in that I can't go aren't you? Evil or Very Mad lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm

I am a bit Laughing, nah i'm just really looking forward to this game, maybe you shouldn't read this thread till after the game Bertie cause i'll prob get worse as it gets closer. lol!
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:25 am

Hopefully get a decent crowd in for this one, we managed over 2,000 for escaping relegation, will be weird if we've only got about 800 for winning the league.

Jim Goodwin's mind games have hilariously worked against him, gave it a "If they lose then we're only so many points behind and still to play them", and we've won every game since and it's them that's dropped points.

2-0 Livi, FG 20 mins.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:24 pm

Hope we pummel them and seal the title in style. 4-0, FG 12 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:36 pm

LiviLion wrote:Hopefully get a decent crowd in for this one, we managed over 2,000 for escaping relegation, will be weird if we've only got about 800 for winning the league.

Jim Goodwin's mind games have hilariously worked against him, gave it a "If they lose then we're only so many points behind and still to play them", and we've won every game since and it's them that's dropped points.

2-0 Livi, FG 20 mins.

Loved his 'they'll be getting nervous looking over their shoulder at us closing in on them' one too. lol!

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game) IMG_5418.thumb.JPG.a23c49ff327686b4e9ce1eeef05fc772
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game) C8pcJ1bXcAEJ1bH
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:20 pm

I ken Bertie was trying to distract me from posting on this thread by getting my attention onto the Petrofac cup thread but it hasn't worked. There's no getting away from it Bertie.................

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game) C8ulu_BW0AAPiIb

Very Happy
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:57 am

The Champions 3. The (other) Pretenders 1. FG 25 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:05 pm

The big game is almost upon us.

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game) C8zvVdJXkAEGz_J
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Absolutly buzzin for this although i feel a sense of apprehension in my bones.I asked for some kind of momentum a few weeks back going into this game and the Lions have delivered big style.Championship winning days are so special and having already witnessed 5 of them in our short history hopefully tommorow will see no 6 to add to our tally of major honours.I know i prably sound like a broken record but once again i feel that the first goal,if there is one will be absolutly critical in this game.Our destiny is in our own hands and i for one cant wait for my customary toast to David Hopkin and his squad after the game has finished.Not holding out a lot of hope for a bumper crowd tommorow but its up to us faithfull to roar the lads over the line by giving as much vocal backing as we can.Probably wont be easy but i know we have the quality to finish this once and for all.Its within touching distance Livi,GRAB IT.!!!
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:39 am

Weather in Carstairs is perfect for football so hoping Livi is similar. That might even entice some more folks down to the game. I've got a wee feeling in my bones that we'll properly do them...4-0 Lions
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:28 pm

So here I am, 3 and a half hours later, not able to attend today & expecting to read some glorious posts of a glory day...and there's nothing to see!

Must be some championship party going on!

Congratulations to the team/squad on a job well done. Head & shoulders above the rest of the division.
    Congratulations to the management team, I've not always agreed with decisions made, tactics or team selection but you have achieved what we all hoped for with plenty to spare, we really couldn't ask for more.
    Congratulations to the operating committee & the board for having the finances in place to make it possible.

Here's to making a success of next season & staying up with ease.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Championes, Championes, ole ole ole cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

What a wonderful day it was, weather was perfect, decent crowd making the atmosphere good, and a victory sealing our league win.

What a goal from Pittman to start us off too, absolute screamer, which kinda went against the run of play with Alloa starting the game off looking the better team and hitting the post twice. After that though it was pretty comfortable and should've been 3-0 with Buchanan's penalty, but instead went to 2-1. Cracking goal by Longridge too btw. Glad we won the league with a win though and not a draw, everything went perfectly (well if you skim over our penalty miss). Bring on the Championship next season. bounce

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game) 8JMREy4dBHI0l_Jm

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:So here I am, 3 and a half hours later, not able to attend today & expecting to read some glorious posts of a glory day...and there's nothing to see!

Must be some championship party going on!

Congratulations to the team/squad on a job well done. Head & shoulders above the rest of the division.
    Congratulations to the management team, I've not always agreed with decisions made, tactics or team selection but you have achieved what we all hoped for with plenty to spare, we really couldn't ask for more.
    Congratulations to the operating committee & the board for having the finances in place to make it possible.

Here's to making a success of next season & staying up with ease.

Was in the middle of posting when you posted Bertie, had a few beers and whiskies pre match and post match, then got home and dozed off in my chair while waiting on my Chinese takeaway being delivered, I really know how to celebrate eh. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:03 am

LF - the epitome of a party animal lol!

I was getting updates from my youngest, he was the only one of the three of us who could go today, he mentioned it was a decent crowd. Mentioned everything you did above really & described the goals well.

Also said the Fans formerly known as DBM were back... Said they had a go at Goodwin & he (my lad) found that funny because Goodwin has been at more games at the Vale this season than they have!! lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:14 am

A young Livi fan has put this vlog up and it has the goals on it if you fancy watching them, Pittman's is an absolute belter, go to 3 mins 30 secs for his goal, Jackos is not long after that, cracking goal too.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:43 am

Pity he was so far back with the opening goal. If he had the second setting/vantage point where he was closer to the action it would have been easier to see the opener.

Strange though that there was no sound. I'll look it up on YouTube to see if I can hear it. He looks like he is quite erudite for a young fella...

...well he can certainly blether lol!

Don't know what the fuss is about as regards the decision to disallow the "goal" by Buchanan. I thought everyone knew that the penalty taker can't touch the ball again until it touches another player, so when it hits the post without being touched by the keeper then Buchanan can't touch it again, anyone else could score but not him.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:06 pm

On the game itself, we almost shot ourselves in the foot early in the first half when they hit the post a couple of times. But we eventually took control of the game and never lost it after the first goal. Another comfortable, professional performance by the team. It summed up how we've performed all season.

I don't know if there'll be another thread to talk about the season itself but well done to the players, coaching staff and Hopkin for getting us promoted with relative ease. I know I'm not Hopkin's biggest fan, but he's certainly proved me wrong with how he recruited and eventually manage a squad who seem to enjoy working with each other. He seems to have faith in all of the players which explains the rotation he makes for every game and the players repay him. Well done, David.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Sorry for the late post guys,will have to put it down as slightly over celebrating last night.Worth it at the time but boy im paying for it today.Would echo the sentiments and plaudits for David Hopkin and his magnificent team and backroom staff.We asked the question and they have delivered superbly albiet with the criticicim he had to face from certain quarters this season.Wee bit nearvy at the start of the game and at one point in the second half but you just got the feeling that this was going to be our day even when Buchs did his customnary miss from the penalty spot.Isaid a couple of days ago that championship winning days were special and yesterday was as good as the previous 5 titles before hand.Right im away to dig out some Paracetomol but once again a massive thank you to Livi in putting us back into the championship where we belong.LOL.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:43 pm

Lovely day yesterday to win a championship.
    I didn't let those scares in the first ten minutes get to me since we had four other games to get the two points needed. After that storm was weathered though, we looked, and continued to look, the better team for most of the game.
    We had the usual inept refereeing performance - taken in time and again by Alloa players diving. Kevin Cawley should be embarrassed for his antics. In some instances he was obviously trying to get a fellow professional sent off. Justice prevailed however.
    I'd love to keep the bulk of this team for next season but I think finance will dictate things.
    It's going to be lovely to go to the next four games and just enjoy the football.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Here's a better vid of Pittman the hitman's goal, good shot of the crowd too, showing how good the atmosphere was.

https://vimeo.com/212395993

Great technique getting over the ball to keep it down as he hit it too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 am