The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
LiviCub
EdinburghLivi
Afro
Lexi Collector
Achilles
mozam76
10 posters

Alloa v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Alloa v Livi Empty Alloa v Livi

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:41 am

The first of 3 big games results wise, all 3 are against PT teams and no excuses for not winning them. They'll be difficult no doubt but we have to rack up the points in these games or we'll be in real trouble when we go into a run against teams like Hibs, Hearts and The Rangers again.

Something needs done in defence so hopefully Gallagher will be back to shore it up, we had our best spell when he was playing. I'd take a scrappy make your eyes bleed 1-0 win tbh, just want the points. Mon the Lions.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Alloa v Livi Empty Re: Alloa v Livi

Post by mozam76 Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:04 am

I think 6 points is the minimum we need from those games but it's more than slightly arrogant to expect us to get them, what with our recent form and style of play. I'm with you LF, we need the win badly and a scrappy one will do, but what other type of performance are we liable to see?

I'll say 2-1 Livi.

Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:39 am

Start Mullen and Robertson for this game, both look as if they have a bit fight left in then
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:22 pm

2-0 Alloa - 38 mins.

It'll be the same nonsense as every week.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Achilles wrote:Start Mullen and Robertson for this game, both look as if they have a bit fight left in then

Mullen hasn't done well in games against the big 3 but he's def capable of causing teams like Alloa problems. He's also scored in our last 2 games so seems to have got his eye in. Wonder how him and Hippo would do together and dropping White, they're both pretty nippy in tight areas. I like big White but I'd give Hippo a few games, we've stuck with White when he's not scored for an age but Hippo gets dropped to the bench after one game of starting.

Last edited by Liviforever on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:51 pm

We are crap, but are good enough to win but we will lose.

Alloa 2 Livi 1 FG 22 mins
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Hope I'm very wrong but can't see much changing here. 2-1 Alloa, FG 17 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Leaving out the disaster that was Annan, we've had back to back draws against teams above us in the league, and giving Alloa haven't won a game in their last 8 either i'll go for an optimistic 3-1 Livi win with FG 29 mins.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:58 am

To add to my earlier post, a time of first goal. 2-1 Livi,fg 10mins.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:03 am

2-1 us. 42 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Gallagher played an hour in an U 20's game against Falkirk on Tues so hopefully he'll get a game tomorrow.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Same shit, different day.

2-2. FG 6 mins.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Another game I'm going to give a miss, think we'll do better than we have recently though (although admittedly that's more hope than expectation).

I'll be optimistic for the first time in a while and go 2-1 Livi, FG 32 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:41 am

The script was written for this game the minute we missed our first chance, just knew Alloa would score with their first foray up the pitch.

We had good chances to be 2 up first half, White could've scored another hattrick against them from the chances he had over the 90 mins, Dycey had a free headrer from one of our many corners, Glenn had a good chance too, as did Mullen. Talbot hit a very good shot right for the top corner but their keeper got to it. All in all we didn't play too badly and kept it on the deck for most of the game, passing it about and patiently working it up the pitch, our finishing is killing us. DJ also made a few fumbles that were thankfully saved off the line 3 times.

Northcroft is a c*ck, Glenn got booked for feckall, Talbot got booked for booting a dead ball out the ground when the ball boys were taking the piss time wasting (wee shites weren't finding the ball in the gazebo until the ref finally got another ball kicked over, then they chucked it to us, so Talbot booted the other ball to feck and it went out the ground so that arse booked him). Dunno what Gallagher's red was for, made no dif to the game we were beaten and it was about a minute from time, must've lost the rag at the linesmen and swore at him. Brilliant, just back and he's suspended, summed up our day.

I wouldn't be that pissed off had this been a game at the start of the season, or if we weren't on such a piss poor run just now, would say if we keep on playing away like we did then the goals will come but our lack of goals is a worry.

Positives: kept it on the deck and created chances, Gallagher made a difference in defence.

Negatives: Can't fecking score a goal to save ourselves, Gallagher got a red card, our corners are murder (had about 13 and only sent in one decent cross), DJ looks nervy as feck at times.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Alloa v Livi Empty Highlights

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:00 pm

Has everyone gone and slit their wrists? Laughing

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Thankfully I was on my way south to spend Sunday watching Handegg at Wembley; my favourite NFL team rode into town & gave the Jacksonville Jaguars a bit of a doing.

Predicted a defeat to Alloa so not surprised but things have to change or we will get relegated this season & if that happens I fear for the future of the club.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Stonewall penalty for foul on Danny Mullen.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Livi2IDie wrote:Stonewall penalty for foul on Danny Mullen.

We were never getting a pen, Northcroft is a complete wanker.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Agreed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm