The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
LiviCub
Lothiangamer
EdinburghLivi
Smithy
mozam76
Afro
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
12 posters

Livi v Alloa

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Alloa Empty Livi v Alloa

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:59 pm

The smart money would be on a 0-0 draw but i'll let my heart rule my head (again) and go for 2-1 Livi. FG: 28 mins

Just feel we're bound to start scoring at some point as we're creating so many chances, like I said though, my prediction is more in hope than common sense.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Livi v Alloa Empty Re: Livi v Alloa

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:10 pm

1-1, FG 54
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:02 pm

It goes without saying, but if we're looking to finish at least comfortably in mid table then we need to be winning these sort of games. Alloa won't be any mugs, as shown by their last two games but I reckon we'll take this 2-1, FG 37 minutes.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:40 pm

I've a feeling we'll score a good couple here. I'll say 4-1, 17 mins for the first goal.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:52 pm

3-0 FG 21mins, but I'm rubbish at predicting.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:30 pm

As with Smithy, I'm pretty rubbish at predictions despite my 3 points last week. I think we'll win this but it might be a struggle.

2-1 FG 53 mins.
    Lothiangamer
    Lothiangamer

Post by Lothiangamer Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Going for a 2-0 Livi win FG on 27 mins
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:05 am

Don't want to put pressure on the team so early but this is a must win. Can't afford to pussy foot around teams like these who will just sit back like Dumbarton in the last league game and leave it late to grab a winner while we've wasted our chances.

Our best performances have been when we've got at our opponents early. If we can do this then we'll get three valuable points.

Unfortunately, I see it as a scrappy game. 2-1 Livi. FG 52 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:00 am

On the basis that when I predict a Liv win we don't... Liv 2 Alloa 2 with the FG on 11 mins
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:31 pm

I think Bertie will deserve some sort of prize if he continues to have negative predictions and we have a really good season.
    BasilF

Post by BasilF Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:58 am

Thank F### for football!

Alloa shouldn't be underestimated; they are a tough side who defend well however so are we.

Our guys will really need to find their scoring boots as certainly opportunities won't appear as often as last week and we really need to start putting them away.

Irrespective I'm hoping for a 2 - 0 win and that at least one of them will appear in the first half. From what I saw of Ogleby at the Albion Rovers match he seemed a far more agressive player that White but White is a better all-round player - they are however too similar to be on the field at the same time.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:29 pm

BasilF wrote:Thank F### for football!

Alloa shouldn't be underestimated; they are a tough side who defend well however so are we.

Our guys will really need to find their scoring boots as certainly opportunities won't appear as often as last week and we really need to start putting them away.

Irrespective I'm hoping for a 2 - 0 win and that at least one of them will appear in the first half. From what I saw of Ogleby at the Albion Rovers match he seemed a far more agressive player that White but White is a better all-round player - they are however too similar to be on the field at the same time.
    Ogleby won't play much then.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:22 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:I think Bertie will deserve some sort of prize if he continues to have negative predictions and we have a really good season.

Wholeheartedly agree!! cheers
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    EdinburghLivi wrote:I think Bertie will deserve some sort of prize if he continues to have negative predictions and we have a really good season.

Wholeheartedly agree!! cheers
    bonus points for Bertie
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:52 pm

2-1 Livi, FG 33 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Cracking result for us today, most comfortable afternoon I've had for a while watching Livi, once we got the 2nd goal we strolled it. Was pretty scrappy first half but we battled away hard and didn't give them many clear chances. Couple of slack moments in defence giving away possession around our box but we recovered from them and Alloa wasn't good enough to take advantage either.

2nd half was really enjoyable, some slick passing to get through on goal, hopefully this will give us confidence going into out next game too and keep the goals coming. Good to see White getting his hattrick, pity Hippo's goal was offside. He got fouled for a penalty and their player would've deserved a red, White scoring with advantage being played prob saved him.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Jordan White - what a guy. 7 goals he's on now and looks a great replacement for Sparky! It's about time we pumped someone like them, always seems to be a struggle when we play Alloa
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Special mention as well to Gary Glen. I was very disappointed to see him sign for us at the start of the season but, for a guy who has a poor goal scoring record, creates a lot of chances for others and generally works his arse off.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Was surprised to see us go in two goals up as I didn't think we were that good. However, McDowall had a nightmare day and we gratefully accepted the chances he gave to us on a plate. Two great balls in, it had to be said.

Second half we played very well and were comfortable without having to go into third gear. Gutted for Glen as he deserved a goal but White is taking almost all the chances, so can't complain. Very accomplished performance with some good subs from McGlynn to keep the tempo up.

Raith are absolutely rubbish so if we play like that again next week, we will win. Very, very happy with the performances so far this season. Not really been let down and outplayed.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:31 am

Game was even until we score & took control but they still looked dangerous when attacking.
    Our defence dealt with it though. 3rd goal killed it as a contest & we could have had more than 4 in the end. While White got his hat trick & played well IMO Glen was outstanding; workrate & attitude are second to none. Deserved a goal but good poaching from White when Glen's shot was saved & good poaching again from White when the Hippo was taken out in the box when about to shoot. I wanted a pen but then it didn't matter but IMO the lad that took Hippo down should have seen red as he fouled him to prevent a clear scoring chance.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:27 am

Want to see a shot of Hippolyte's  Offside goal, he's rapid, very clinical too.

Thought this was the best I've seen him too, despite him not scoring. Was far more controlled in his play, and was all over the pitch wanting involved.

Really like Glen, he controls everything in the final third, just wish he'd get a goal as he deserves it. Also thought Burchill played well when he came on, imo he plays better in the same role as Glen, making passes setting up attacks on goal.

Shows what happens when we stick them away too, didn't think we were as good as the Dumbarton first half, but stuck them away and built on that in the 2nd half. Talbot finally put in a cracking ball from a set piece, his first one from a free kick was woeful, knocking it straight over and out of play, but the corner was curled in with pace and we scored from it. Hope to feck he starts putting more in like that.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:17 am

Fantastic result and we can play so much better, how good does that feel.

Well done to the manager for bringing decent players in , and having an undefeated record at home.

This could just be a great season.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Liviforever pretty much summed it up. Comfortable victory in the end and three valuable points against a diddy team like Alloa.

Have to mention though that we did look a lot more shaky at the back with Gallagher out of the team. I can understand Sives hasn't played as many games with Fordyce as his partner but hopefully they're more comfortable with each other if Gallagher is out for the Raith game.

#ambermachine
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:46 pm

Here's something to cheer us up, think we could do with it.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:10 pm

Aye, that was good to re-live.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm