The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
EdinburghLivi
livikev
LiviLion
Livi2IDie
Lexi Collector
Afro
spiggle
Auld Nick
Edward snowdon
Liviforever
Durnford
LiviCub
16 posters

Livi v Alloa

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Livi v Alloa Empty Livi v Alloa

Post by LiviCub Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:13 pm

No excuses, we've got to win this. Cut out the pathetic defending and stop relying on Mullen and White to get the goals. Alloa will put men behind the ball like every other part-time team this season and hit us on the counter. Glen is still out injured so we're lacking another player who can press against the opposition and drive forward. Ideally this would be my team:

DJ

Kyle Mensing Gallagher Talbot

Keaghan O'Brien Robertson

Mullen Hippolyte

White

However, Fordyce will probably still start, Robertson will be on the bench and we'll look clueless for most of the match.

Scrappy 1-0 victory for the AM. FG 8 mins.

Last edited by LiviCub on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just realised we had David Robertson)
    Durnford

Livi v Alloa Empty Re: Livi v Alloa

Post by Durnford Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:46 pm

Would be tempted to suggest:

DJ

Sives or Moffat Gallagher Foredyce Rutherford

Keaghan Propratnik Robertson

McKenna White Mullen

Mensing's been a liability ever since coming back from injury; also think he could have intercepted his wayward own goal before it had crossed the line if he'd only continued running. Talbot did okay last week but think Rutherford was better; Talbot showed none of the attacking flair for which he was previously renown. O'Brien was okay but tired. Hippolyte is only effective coming on for the last 25 minutes against tiring side

Robertson to be team captain.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:08 pm

If we sign Ugwu I'd start him along with White up front and bring Hippo on along with McKenna for the last 25 mins.

Praprotnik looked decent in his wee spell too, looks skillful, would like to see him getting more of a game.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:33 pm

Durnford wrote:Would be tempted to suggest:

DJ

Sives or Moffat Gallagher Foredyce Rutherford

Keaghan Propratnik Robertson

McKenna White Mullen

Mensing's been a liability ever since coming back from injury; also think he could have intercepted his wayward own goal before it had crossed the line if he'd only continued running. Talbot did okay last week but think Rutherford was better; Talbot showed none of the attacking flair for which he was previously renown. O'Brien was okay but tired. Hippolyte is only effective coming on for the last 25 minutes against tiring side

Robertson to be team captain.
    I agree with this selection and think it was hard on Rutherford being dropped considering all the games Talbot missed were against the best teams and he improved every game - QOS Rangers Hearts Falkirk all top 6 Teams. Also Kyle Jacobs needs dropping he is getting 90 minutes week in week out and is poor and more importantly missing some of the best chances, last week missed his shot from edge of the box and completely missed a header .
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:50 pm

Why in the world would you bring Sives in? He has had a mare all season.

Sadly I fear we will take the lead again in the 17th minute but suffer disappointment with a second half equaliser

Livi 1 Alloa 1 FG 17 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Trying to hang off with my prediction until I see who we're signing, but it looks like they're waiting till Sat to tell us who we've signed on the team sheet.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Liviforever wrote:Trying to hang off with my prediction until I see who we're signing, but it looks like they're waiting till Sat to tell us who we've signed on the team sheet.

Not necessarily; they could play as a trialist couldn't they?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Trying to hang off with my prediction until I see who we're signing, but it looks like they're waiting till Sat to tell us who we've signed on the team sheet.

Not necessarily; they could play as a trialist couldn't they?

Great, if it is Jason Scotland we'll recognise him right enough. Problem with that is some other team could nip in and offer a deal to someone we played on trial, at the moment we have a better chance of keeping their names a secret until we offer them a contract.
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:25 am

There are a few players just not cutting the mustard at, the problem is that the talent to replace them may not be there.

Against the Blue Liechtenstein, we played some kind of Diamond formation that seemed to work, problem was that big Shite up front couldn't hit a barn door from 2 yards.

Team I'd play would be as follows:-

DJ
    Fordyce Gallagher Talbot Rutherford
    O'Brien
    Kylie Jacobs Keaghan Jacobs
    Mullen
    Burchill Hippo

Bench
    Walker or Grant (who cares)
    Mensing (Message needs to be sent that scoring in our goal is not the way to win)
    Moffat (need some youth to start coming through)
    Praprotnik (we need to see more of him)
    Beaumont (can't take much for Jacko to start getting some games soon)
    McKenna (I think he's out of his depth at this level)
    Shite (the big donkey isn't scoring, hopefully some time on the bench will remedy that)
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Hope Burchill just goes for it. Got nothing to lose, I don't even think a draw would be of any meaningful use whatsoever. I agree with Spiggle above, diamond formation last weekend seemed to provide a hell of a lot more goalscoring opportunities than what we'd saw under McGlynn. Same again, get Hippo up top as a #9, White on the bench.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Afro wrote:Hope Burchill just goes for it. Got nothing to lose, I don't even think a draw would be of any meaningful use whatsoever. I agree with Spiggle above, diamond formation last weekend seemed to provide a hell of a lot more goalscoring opportunities than what we'd saw under McGlynn. Same again, get Hippo up top as a #9, White on the bench.

Indeedy. Will it happen? Nope.

Another 1-1 for me. I have absolutely no confidence in this lot whatsoever. We'll probably go 1-0 up again, only for one of our players to hit a world class volley into their own net while trying to punt it out for a corner, with the nearest attacker being about 6 yards away. If Glenn plays he'll be class, but difficult to notice as he's surrounded by such shite.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:31 pm

This guy (click here)

And he looks a winner...click here
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:

This guy (click here)

And he looks a winner...click here

Wilfred Zaha reckons he's excellent and that's good enough for me but two questions:

1. Is he match fit?
    2. How can we afford him?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:59 pm

Aw what the hell, 3-1 Livi, if it's on.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:58 pm

'English-Nigerian'. Online communications from the club an utter joke. Still nothing on Ogleby either.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:30 pm

In tomorrow's ROAR magazine: 'Update on our supporters team'.

Fuck off Livi, nobody gives a flying fuck. Absolute joke, why not tell us about players leaving and what the statement the other day was all about. But nah, lets read all about a pub team that we don't even care about. Programme is utter shite, btw. Could've been improved, had quite a talented journalist in to sort it out, but they wouldn't listen to the problems.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:59 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:'English-Nigerian'. Online communications from the club an utter joke. Still nothing on Ogleby either.

Born in Uganda according to Wiki so the "Nigerian" bit seems off.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:51 am

Point to be noted only one midfielder has scored this season in the league (McKenna) wonder if that will change tomorrow, probs not although they seem to be exempt from any responsibility.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:11 am

Livi2IDie wrote:Point to be noted only one midfielder has scored this season in the league (McKenna) wonder if that will change tomorrow, probs not although they seem to be exempt from any responsibility.

Jimmy Scott and Keaghan Jacobs were our top scoring midfielders last season with 4 each, wasn't many goals from the other midfielders. Sparky knocked 17 in though and that is missing this season too.

Glen has scored 3 right enough, would class him more of a midfield player than a striker, has never played up front for us.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:29 am

Can't disagree with Glen not playing directly up top, still classed as a striker thou, Keaghan is not offering many assists never mind goals this season - it's ok to say we don't usually get goals for midfield but we have a different team and we are in a harder league so we need goals and assists from our midfield this season - Burchy will tell you that.

I think White is taking the wrath of last Saturday's failure (understandable) but not just him to blame. I believe because of his size we just expect a goal from any cross he connects with (last week some of the crosses are actually too high or behind him) he's actually better into feet but we don't play it into his feet! Let's not forget this guy is still young too and has scored 9 goals for us so far and he is one of our hardest grafters, he deserves more respect!

Sparky is a completely different player and of course we miss him, we will see how our new striker (Sekajja) of a similar mould fits in to the mix.

Burchy wants improvement in all areas, goals and more assists must now come from the midfield and we must first and foremost defend properly, DJ & Simon must communicate with one another and we must cut out giving away gifts to the opposition!

Improvements in all elements of the park will win us football games, can't be reliant on one or two individuals, teams win games!

We Must win today!

Predication - Game AFF!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:29 am

Game off
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:57 pm

Well Cowdenbeath got skelped 5-0 by Hibs so good result for Livi.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Watch us lose the rearranged Tuesday night game in front of 600 fans.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Was surprised it was called off, conditions looked better than last weeks Cowden game, unless we didn't put the covers down before it snowed on Friday. Snow is virtually gone now though.

Suppose it gives our new signing a week to gel with the team.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Knowing what Scottish football's like, it'll probably be rearranged for the 31st of March, so we end up playing them 3 times in the space of 8 days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm