The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Afro
LiviLion
Whitburn Vale
Auld Nick
Liviforever
9 posters

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game)

Afro
    Afro

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game) - Page 2 Empty Re: Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game)

Post by Afro Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:31 am

Pittman's goal was fit for any game at any level at any point in history, so naturally, I'm delighted he saved his best for the day we sealed the league title. It's been an enjoyable season, despite my question marks over Hopkin initially and the amateurish saga around the Crusaders game. We've been head and shoulders above any team I've seen us play against (except EF), and Hopkin and the team deserve credit for the manner in which they despatched the 3 closest challengers to us: to pick up wins against Brechin, Airdrie and Alloa bar one game is a spectacular record when you consider the mess we were in last summer.

A season in this league has probably been well-needed for a few of the players too, it's been a delight to watch Halkett, Pittman and Mullen in particular grow as players. They'll be absolutely pivotal to staying up next season, provided they stay. I hope now that the club puts a bit of effort into encouraging lapsed fans and youngsters along to the trophy presentation - if the weather is anything like Saturday it'll be a brilliant day.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game) - Page 2 Empty Re: Liv v Alloa (Title Winning Game)

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:50 am

Yeah good point Afro, we've got 3 weeks till the Peterhead game, they have plenty of time to get something special organized for the cup presentation game. Something along the lines of what Petrofac did for the cup final would be ideal, to make a day of it for the kids, get free school tickets out to ALL the schools. Or maybe it would even be worth making it free entry to all home and away fans for this one off game, that would make for a fantastic promotion in the media, just hope the ST holders wouldn't start greeting about it, i'm one myself and I couldn't care less about folk getting in for nowt for this game if it helps promote the club and get some advertising out there that we've won the league to encourage folk down to the ground.

Get plenty pies ordered for the extra fans and punt merchandise like flags and league winners T shirts etc, they'd make a bundle from that.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Liviforever wrote:Yeah good point Afro, we've got 3 weeks till the Peterhead game, they have plenty of time to get something special organized for the cup presentation game. Something along the lines of what Petrofac did for the cup final would be ideal, to make a day of it for the kids, get free school tickets out to ALL the schools. Or maybe it would even be worth making it free entry to all home and away fans for this one off game, that would make for a fantastic promotion in the media, just hope the ST holders wouldn't start greeting about it, i'm one myself and I couldn't care less about folk getting in for nowt for this game if it helps promote the club and get some advertising out there that we've won the league to encourage folk down to the ground.

Get plenty pies ordered for the extra fans and punt merchandise like flags and league winners T shirts etc, they'd make a bundle from that.

Depends if the club have the foresight to organise something like this. I'm sure I read recently there's about 15,000 primary school kids in West Lothian - imagine if 1 in 10 of them took up the offers of tickets and came along with one of their parents or a guardian, who had to pay, say £5, to get in? There's 3,000 folk right away. In reality, it doesn't work like that, but it may very well be a long time until we win a league championship again - if seeing a trophy presentation doesn't get kids even semi-interested in a team initially then what will?

Any ST holder should be wanting the club to kick on and a one-off promotion to try and get new fans in is exactly that. I pay for a ST because I want to see the club do well and I want to go to all the home games (well, I have this season certainly), one game doesn't devalue what a ST holder has bought.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

I hope so Afro, winning the league is an ideal opportunity to promote the club for next season. Maybe to appease ST holders they could do something like ST holders get a friend in for nothing, as well as the free school kids tickets and reduced entry for that game. Sure they did something like that a few years back, you went down to the stadium and showed them your ST and they gave you a complimentary ticket for a friend.

Here's Jacko's goal up now. https://vimeo.com/212560363
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Liviforever wrote:I hope so Afro, winning the league is an ideal opportunity to promote the club for next season. Maybe to appease ST holders they could do something like ST holders get a friend in for nothing, as well as the free school kids tickets and reduced entry for that game. Sure they did something like that a few years back, you went down to the stadium and showed them your ST and they gave you a complimentary ticket for a friend.

Here's Jacko's goal up now. https://vimeo.com/212560363

Great finish for a full-back. I also think that's the first time I've ever seen him successfully use his right foot; better late than never. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm