The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
LiviLion
spiggle
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
Smithy
LiviCub
Liviforever
11 posters

Livi v Hibs

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Hibs - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Hibs

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:12 pm

There are friends & family/hospo & opposition players sitting just to the right of where I sit, think he was celebrating in front of them rather than the Livi fans, just that they sit them right in the centre of the home support.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:31 pm

He was looking at the west stand as he ran past it, and was fist pumping/shouting, specifically at C1/C2 at FT. He was behaving like a wee dick.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:36 pm

He certainly was at full time... Although I think he was looking over to C3 to antagonise our excitable section of fans. Ugly git BTW.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Hippo was howfin yesterday. Absolutely rotten. I've wanted him dropped since I saw him on snapchat replying "no not really" when Moses asked him if he was ready for the big game against rangers.

Thought as a team we did well, broken down far to easily though and thankfully hibs shooting boots were left in Leifff!

Morgan Neill was class yesterday I thought. I really like the look of the kid, how he's not been given game time before now is beyond me.

More confident ahead of next week away to Alloa, I'm away over to Feyenoord so will keep a look out for the score!

Also Henderson is a rat bastard
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:36 pm

Well a few glasses of wine later and time to reflect on yesterday's game.

Hippo is a con man ........not everyone will agree but he is needing dropped adds nothing to the the team and flatters to deceive .

Neill and Declan best central defence partnership.

Buchanan for all his effort is marginally behind Hippo in the needs dropped category.

DJ is a calamity needs told to GTF

my team for next game would be

GOULD
    GALLAGHER NEILL GORDON
    MILLEN FARIA GLEN PITTMAN LONGRIDGE
    WHITE SHEERIN
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Hypothetical (perhaps that should Hippothetical)question... What if the reason he was "not really" ready was because he disagreed with the plan to frustrate and wanted to take the game to the Huns, with Sheerin and White its the strike force? What if he is as unhappy with the tactics as you are?

I would again cite the fact that he tried to create but often had no options when doing so, so ended up crowded out as Hibs often put 2 guys on him when he had the ball, he tracked back to provide cover when Longridge lost possession...and in doing so prevented Hibs from developing their attack. He ran diagonally across to the opposite flank when Millen was caught out of position.

I saw all of that yesterday and I also saw a player getting frustrated with a lack of support and movement, largely caused by only having Buchanan as the lone striker, Pittman experienced similar problems.

Hibs were tactically better than us, quicker with the ball and when we had possession but we caused them problems and while they had 2 very good chances early on and more as the game continued we had 2 or 3 chances ourselves.

We only lost the match because a poor decision gave them a free kick and our keeper can't set up properly to defend those situations effectively and so we rely on the opposition wasting the kick.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:11 pm

See all you folk who want Gould to play have you any idea if he is good or not. I've only seen him in half a ame which was not long enough to judge his ability.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:26 pm

Why not give him a chance? Jamieson is hopeless and Burchill has talked Gould up. Why stick with a dud when you could have a more talented player currently on the bench.
    No idea why 'DJ' is fans favourite, he isn't a Livi fan which most fans seem to think he is.

BB, I hope your right about Hippolyte, but you still need to have the right attitude if you're starting games.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:23 am

orco wrote:See all you folk who want Gould to play have you any idea if he is good or not. I've only seen him in half a ame which was not long enough to judge his ability.

It's more a case of wanting DJ dropped because he's not been good enough in a few games now and has even admitted his mistakes in his blog. Got no idea how Gould is but he's our back up keeper so surely must be seen as good enough to come in if DJ is injured, so should be given a chance if DJ is having bad performances.

As an aside Neill has looked good enough to be given a chance but wasn't going to be played when Sives was put ahead of him by Burchill, now Sives is injured and Gordon was suspended he's had a start and shown he was indeed good enough. Sheerin is also well down the pecking order in getting a start, I think Buchanan would have to be injured or suspended before he's going to be given a chance to prove himself.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:31 am

Lexi Collector wrote:Why not give him a chance? Jamieson is hopeless and Burchill has talked Gould up. Why stick with a dud when you could have a more talented player currently on the bench.
    No idea why 'DJ' is fans favourite, he isn't a Livi fan which most fans seem to think he is.

BB, I hope your right about Hippolyte, but you still need to have the right attitude if you're starting games.

Wonder if we'll ever have a player who is a Livi fan, DJ is a Hibee I think, we've had a few oldco Rangers fans playing for us, most of our players have come to our youth team from bigger teams that weren't giving them a chance and prob supported those teams.

Anyway doesn't matter a jot who they are fans of, there is no questioning DJ's commitment or honesty in his performances, just his performances have dipped and it wouldn't do him any harm to have to fight for his place.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:01 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:Why not give him a chance? Jamieson is hopeless and Burchill has talked Gould up. Why stick with a dud when you could have a more talented player currently on the bench.

Wonder if we'll ever have a player who is a Livi fan, DJ is a Hibee I think, we've had a few oldco Rangers fans playing for us, most of our players have come to our youth team from bigger teams that weren't giving them a chance and prob supported those teams.

Anyway doesn't matter a jot who they are fans of, there is no questioning DJ's commitment or honesty in his performances, just his performances have dipped and it wouldn't do him any harm to have to fight for his place.

Michael Travis now of Forfar is a Livi fan. Got his breakthrough into our first team and was then released.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:53 am

Liviforever wrote:

spot on LF about DJ he knows he is a starter no matter how he plays , that can't be good, but fair play to the manager for dropping Cole at the weekend so maybe we will see more changes as the weeks go on.

Also we wouldn't have seen Neill in the team if it wasn't for injuries and suspensions, feel he should keep the jersey as the manager says it was now his to lose, he doesn't deserve to lose it after Saturday's performance.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:39 am

Achilles wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Michael Travis now of Forfar is a Livi fan. Got his breakthrough into our first team and was then released.

Callum Paterson is a Livi fan as well, mind reading about it in the paper last season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Aw well, pity neither is in our first team, good to know we're bringing up players who support our club though, and that they haven't just taken the easy option of going for a more successful team to support.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere, not even on our OS, but heard the announcer welcome us to the Tony Macaroni Arena on Saturday. Was hoping for McDonald's so Ronald would be our mascot.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:47 pm

I thought I heard him say that too
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:52 pm

forzalfc wrote:
    Achilles wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Callum Paterson is a Livi fan as well, mind reading about it in the paper last season.

Aye so he is. Just need more of our fans to break through, hopefully give a couple of them a game!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Was Martin (Jimmy) Scott not a Livi fan growing up?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 pm