The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Achilles
Auld Nick
Liviforever
Afro
LiviLion
spiggle
LiviCub
Smithy
12 posters

St Mirren v Livi

Smithy
    Smithy

St Mirren v Livi Empty St Mirren v Livi

Post by Smithy Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:03 am

Well now at least we can look forward to this game as a new start to stay in the league and hopefully climb up the league.

I think we have some decent players and all we need now is proper leadership and guidance , something that was so lacking under Burchill.

Draw 2 each first goal 27 mins is my prediction.

Onwards and upwards.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

St Mirren v Livi Empty Re: St Mirren v Livi

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Best two games we played was between managers before Hughes took over properly and stamped his 'footballing philosophy' shite all over us, but no idea who will be in charge for this game, if it's Hopkin will he be any different from Burchill?

Would love to see us set up 3-5-2/5-3-2 with us being allowed to get at them down the wings with Millen & Longridge playing, and using Hippo and Mullen/Buchanan as wide players to get overlaps going with our WB's.

No idea how we'll be set up though so i'll just go for another meh draw, 1-1 with St Mirren scoring their usual first goal quite early in 12 mins.

Nah feck it, 2-1 Livi, FG still 12 mins.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:28 pm

3-0 St Mirren. FG 8 mins.
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:17 pm

I can see a humping here, the Saints will be up for this with their shiny new manager and we could be down awaiting the new manager.

3-1 Saints. FG 22 mins
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Hopkins will be in caretaker charge for this one. Yep, we're getting pumped.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:42 pm

Probably go to this but really just to laugh at how angry the St Mirren fans get.

2-1 St Mirren, FG 30 mins
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:16 pm

St Mirren v Livi SFSC91L

David Hopkins in charge for this one. Wow.

3-0 St Mirren, FG 10 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:33 pm

If we beat St Mirren and Falkirk give him the job.

Aye the main reason I'm going to this game is for the angry St Mirren fans sitting next to us. Fantastic entertainment, no matter how the game is going they'll be venting their spleen at every decision not going their way and every tackle we put in.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:05 pm

Hopkins in charge...can't believe how optimistic you lot are....

Saints 5 Livi 1

FG 19 mins
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Hopkins in charge...can't believe how optimistic you lot are....

Saints 5 Livi 1

FG 19 mins

The Bertie we all love and know is back, no more draws,

Well done Bertie
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:59 pm

I went for Dumbarton last week... I'd been saying we were bound to get a draw soon and we've had two recently that I failed to predict... From what I've seen since his arrival Hopkin has brought nothing to the table... So I can't see how this change makes anything any better. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he was the driving force behind the Houdini act last season...but I doubt it
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:09 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:I went for Dumbarton last week... I'd been saying we were bound to get a draw soon and we've had two recently that I failed to predict... From what I've seen since his arrival Hopkin has brought nothing to the table... So I can't see how this change makes anything any better. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he was the driving force behind the Houdini act last season...but I doubt it

Bertie I've gone for a draw but love it when you predict a loss hoping we win.

Somehow feel more confident without Burchy at the helm though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:26 am

Just get Buchanan and Hippo playing from the start, they'll be bursting to show they've been wrongly left out by Burchill, and put in great performances against St Mirren to prove a point to the interim/new manager.
    Plus both had an impact against St Mirren the last time we played them there, Buchanan scored in both games and Hippo won a pen. Would want Mullen too, as he scored and set up Buchanan for his goal but might not be fit enough for the whole game. So prob better as a 2nd half sub, but on the wing, not to replace Sheerin or White in the middle of attack.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:41 pm

I wish I could share your optimism but Hopkin has been here alongside Burchill & was either unable to bring any influence to bear in the way the team was playing...in which case he wasn't doing his job; or he was having an influence on the way the team was playing...in which case he is crap at his job.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Could say the same about Burchill when McGlynn was in charge though, but when he took over he didn't share the hoofball style of play McGlynn did. The putting White up all by himself and lumping balls over his head to chase all game.

Read that Hopkin was having a go at fans behind the dugout when they were shouting at Burchill though so maybe he does just agree with everything that was happening, hope not.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:29 pm

I agree with Lf, we won't know what he is like until he is his own man which will happen on Saturday and Tuesday.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:24 pm

I agree chaps but I'm just wary for the reasons stated in my previous post.

Burchy clearly distanced himself from the hoofball tactics in the interview after the Dumby game which again raises the question of why he did nothing to get the message out to change it...either he hadn't a clue how to get the message across or he didn't want to. Either way smacks of someone incapable of doing the job.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:59 am

Reckon we would pull something off here, if we play the correct team from the start. 
    The players need a big reaction and will no doubt be playing for a place in the team as a new manager will no doubt be looking on. 

I'll keep an eye on the score but lost interest in Livi over the last few weeks.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:41 pm

They needed a big reaction against Alloa & a bigger reaction against Dumbarton....
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:57 pm

It's funny because going into the original Falkirk game I was full of optimism that we could actually beat them, oh how a couple of weeks/games can change things in football.

I've still some confidence in our players ability to get a win here but it depends so much on our team selection, players attitudes, and the manager employing the right tactics & substitutions. So basically the odds are against us but I'm still hanging onto the slightest glimmer of belief we'll come good here and beat St Mirren.

#beenonthemulledwinealittleearly
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:20 pm

The dip is all the more disappointing when you remember that Alloa had played Dumbarton twice (league & cup) since our draw with the Huns. Including having played just 4 days prior to our game. But the looked fitter than Livi.

Dumbarton obviously also had that extra game albeit it was a week later when they played us so they shouldn't have been adversely affected but while I thought we started brightly enough they ended the game stronger than us, which simply shouldn't be when we are the FT team.

Saints seem to have won easily enough against Alloa but then we won easily at Recreation Park as well. My only hope is that we have been better away from home, maybe that will continue...
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Not hopeful but fair play to Hopkin for putting Knox on the bench to freshen things up.

2-0 them, 40 mins FG.

Last edited by EdinburghLivi on Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:43 pm

If we're strolling to a win or have no way of getting back into it by the 80 minute mark I'd like to see him given a bit of game time. Good stuff from Hopkins but still don't think he'll be a good enough manager to give us the boost we need.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:48 pm

LiviLion wrote:If we're strolling to a win or have no way of getting back into it by the 80 minute mark I'd like to see him given a bit of game time. Good stuff from Hopkins but still don't think he'll be a good enough manager to give us the boost we need.

Your crystal ball is working superbly!

4-1 and Knox on as a late sub
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Brilliant result today, can't wait to read how it was from those who went through.

Falkirk winning also helps but we are out of the bottom two again on our own result.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:57 pm