The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Troy
Liviforever
LiviLion
LiviCub
Auld Nick
9 posters

Livi v Hibs (Sat 13th Feb)

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Hibs (Sat 13th Feb) - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Hibs (Sat 13th Feb)

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Achilles wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:I tend to agree EL; the DBM can create a good atmosphere and when they do the players are visibly lifted but they are also guilty of turning on the team at the first opportunity if something tried doesn't work out...it happened briefly yesterday and when that happens it has the opposite effect.  The DBM are also often like the team in that they reserve their best efforts for the big games. If they encouraged as much against the likes of Alloa as they do against Hibs and Rangers then I think we would see better efforts out on the pitch but what usually happens is they berate them for every failed pass and so the standard of play drops. I mentioned this on another thread (possibly over in the Den) that the crowd can lift the players but the players can also lift the crowd and there is a fine line about what comes first. IMO if the players start 'flat' then the crowd ought to encourage them out of it but too often the DBM berate them when this happens & the performance drops off even more. It's not always like that but it does happen, so I would encourage the DBM and other sections that are vocal to be supportive and constructive even in adversity.

The DBM disbanded last year, hence the silence at the games now.

Its not all silence though; whatever they call themselves their ever diminishing number made decent noise on Saturday...for the most part anyway...there were one or two idiotic comments when things weren't working for us for a bit.
    AMF

Livi v Hibs (Sat 13th Feb) - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Hibs (Sat 13th Feb)

Post by AMF Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:36 pm

"whatever they call themselves "? Simple, "Livingston supporters" just like everyone else. No names, no banners, no flags, no drum.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:42 am