The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Durnford
EdinburghLivi
orco
ol1vercloff
LiviCub
Liviforever
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Afro
13 posters

Irn Bru Cup

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Irn Bru Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Irn Bru Cup

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Sunday November 13, 2016
    Livingston v The New Saints
    Live on BBC ALBA and S4C, kick-off 4.05pm

At least we've a decent ko time, the other 2 televised games are 12.30pm ko's. Though prefer Saturday games.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:31 pm

Shafted by the tv beaks again.Going to be interesting to see what the attendance is gonna be for this.Hopefully any tv money we get from this will cover the overheads which will undoubtably arise from this decision.Not impressed!!!.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:41 pm

Don't think we get any of the tv money, just the gate split between us and TNS, plus they'll get 4K travelling expenses. Iirc we'll also get over 8k in prize money too for reaching the last 8, and it'll increase again if we progress further.

Here it is, was in an article last week:
    A club travelling to another country will receive a travel allowance of £4,000, while fourth round losers are guaranteed £5,750. If either Linfield or Crusaders progress to the last eight the prizemoney will increase to at least £8,250.
    There will be no television payments while gate money is shared equally following the standard 10 per cent deduction from the home club for matchday costs.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:56 pm

No TV money eh? Aye it sounds like whoever negotiated that deal deserves a medal.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:22 pm

It all goes to the SPFL, then they hand us back some pocket money in the guise of prize money. Same goes for the play offs at the end of the season, in fact I think they get a percentage of the gate money in the play off final too.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:08 pm

Hey I can record the game on Alba where I wont understand the commentary or I can record the game on S4C when I wont understand the commentary.

Think I'll just have to bite the bullet and go to the game.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:08 pm

Shafted again for TV... At least we're at home this time so it shouldn't be too much of a barrier to most fans, unlike the Belfast trip. Shite too that we're not getting anything extra by having it televised (in fact, we're probably making a loss).
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Durnford wrote:Hey I can record the game on Alba where I wont understand the commentary or I can record the game on S4C when I wont understand the commentary.

If you're watching it at home live then S4C have a red button option for English commentary, brilliant laugh with how clueless and bias they were during the Alloa game. Referred to Bala Town as 'we', screaming for penalties and red cards, even said Alloa were in the premiership last season!
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:19 pm

LiviLion wrote:
    Durnford wrote:Hey I can record the game on Alba where I wont understand the commentary or I can record the game on S4C when I wont understand the commentary.

If you're watching it at home live then S4C have a red button option for English commentary, brilliant laugh with how clueless and bias they were during the Alloa game. Referred to Bala Town as 'we', screaming for penalties and red cards, even said Alloa were in the premiership last season!

Irn Bru Cup - Page 3 163

Wait until Danny Mullen "wins" a penalty against TNS, then. I'll be praying for all the sheep in Wales that night.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:21 pm

If it is anything like the twitter and press stuff I've read about TNS beating Forfar it should be good, they reckon because they've beaten Forfar they can beat any SPFL team and must be favourites to win the Irn Bru cup now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:00 am