The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
orco
Steam Pudding
cptn_hooch
Whitburn Vale
Troy
LiviCub
ol1vercloff
Afro
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Liviforever
15 posters

Crusaders v Livi Fri 7.45 ko

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Crusaders v Livi Fri 7.45 ko Empty Crusaders v Livi Fri 7.45 ko

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:26 pm

This should be interesting trying to predict this result, all I know about Crusaders is they're sitting top of their league, so will be a tough game for us.

Total shot in the dark and i'll go with a narrow Livi win, 2-1 Livi fg 16 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Crusaders v Livi Fri 7.45 ko Empty Re: Crusaders v Livi Fri 7.45 ko

Post by Auld Nick Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:35 pm

I think top end of NI league is probably as good as bottom end of Scottish premier so...

Crusaders 3 Livi 1 FG 19 mins
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:34 pm

3-2 Livi, FG 23 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote: I think top end of NI league is probably as good as bottom end of Scottish premier so...

Crusaders 3 Livi 1 FG 19 mins

Pretty shit then.

Btw how shite was the Championship at the weekend, only 5 goals scored in 5 games and only one win out of all of them...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Makes you glad we got relegated. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:17 am

The problem is we are not as "good" as the bottom end of the premier.... We gave St Mirren a decent game and were unfortunate to lose but look where they are just now... Arguably we are at best about as good as a lower end of the table second tier side.

That said, anything can happen in football, just last weekend Man City, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid all failed to win and City probably had the hardest task.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:09 pm

I disagree, we were still in pre season mode with a lot of new players just gelling, we'd have more than a decent chance against teams in the bottom end of the Premiership now. Even last season we beat teams like The Rangers, and I reckon we're a better team this season.

Also, how many teams from higher leagues have Alloa humped out of cups, even Celtic struggled to beat them, no reason we can't beat those teams too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:48 pm

You say you are disagreeing with me but really you're not. Alloa managed to beat those teams not because they are actually good enough to be a premier level side but because anything can happen in football. Yes, we would have a chance against lower level prem sides but not because we are good enough to be a prem team. We beat the Huns in a single game and gave them a hard time in at least one of the other games against them...but over the season they went up and we came 9th & got horsed at Stranraer of all places.

So my estimation of our ability based on what I have seen so far this season is that we wouldn't be relegated from the second tier... Come the end of the season my estimation of our ability might change.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:36 pm

I wasn't talking about being good enough to play in the Premiership though, and you were saying we weren't as good as a bottom end Premiership team, I disagreed and said we were (in the context of playing them in a cup game). It's a one off cup game not one of a sequence of league games over a whole season, we're more than capable of beating bottom end Premiership teams in a cup game.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:58 pm

Not a scooby doo about the standard of Crusaders, but they seem to have established a monopoly on the NIPL and came from 3-1 down to win 4-3 at the weekend. They've got the winning mentality, and no doubt it'll be a very tough game for us.

3-1 Crusaders, FG 38 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Liviforever wrote:I wasn't talking about being good enough to play in the Premiership though, and you were saying we weren't as good as a bottom end Premiership team, I disagreed and said we were (in the context of playing them in a cup game). It's a one off cup game not one of a sequence of league games over a whole season, we're more than capable of beating bottom end Premiership teams in a cup game.

But just because we beat someone it doesn't necessarily mean we are a better team, just that we were better on the day. Celtic 3 Man City 3 doesn't mean Celtic are as good a team as City; Celta 4 Barce 3 doesn't mean Celta are a better team than Barce. It just means the underdog had its day.

In the context of a one off game theoretically we could beat anyone because as you know, strange results happen in football. My context was in terms how good we are and we are not as good as lower end premier side but that doesn't mean that if we play to our best and a lower end premier side doesn't play to their best that we can't beat them, of course we could win but the likelihood is that we would lose, which is why I was suggesting we will probably lose to Crusaders.

Hopefully I'm wrong about how good Crusaders are but even if we do beat them it doesn't mean they are not as good as I think, simply that we beat them on the day, which as I've said can happen because as Greavsie constantly reminded us, it's a funny old game.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:06 am

I'd say the NI league is about top half - mid table championship. I'd be expecting Queens to get past Linfield without too many problems, even though their form has dipped a bit. Would still make Crusaders higher up in the league than us but we look better than last season and I'd fancy us to do well, reckon there will be a few goals.

Don't think Kelly is away with the Scotland U21s so we'll have him for this, unless Hopkin will be using this cup to give Maley some game time. Don't think we'll have Lithgow though, not sure if his suspension is only for the league or all competitions.

Gutted I couldn't make it over, looking forward to watching it. Still going for 3-2 Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:04 pm

FFS Bertie, that's got more waffle than the SFA's rule book. Smile
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:42 pm

LiviLion wrote:I'd say the NI league is about top half - mid table championship. I'd be expecting Queens to get past Linfield without too many problems, even though their form has dipped a bit. Would still make Crusaders higher up in the league than us but we look better than last season and I'd fancy us to do well, reckon there will be a few goals.

Don't think Kelly is away with the Scotland U21s so we'll have him for this, unless Hopkin will be using this cup to give Maley some game time. Don't think we'll have Lithgow though, not sure if his suspension is only for the league or all competitions.

Gutted I couldn't make it over, looking forward to watching it. Still going for 3-2 Livi.

According to this Lithgow is ok to play: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-fc-crusaders-clash-no-8990200

The Lions go into the clash with no injury worries while Alan Lithgow’s suspension is for league games only so he is available for selection.

Crusaders will be missing key midfielder Gavin Whyte who is on international duty with Northern Ireland’s Under-21s.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:35 pm

A bit off-topic but I just wanted to reference Andrew Semple's blog for the Record today. He concluded by saying 'Thanks to the SPFL, not many can make the trip over on Friday evening'.

Just wondered if he and other like-minded people blamed UEFA when we went away to Vaduz and Sturm Graz back in the day? I'd say it should be thanks to some people's finances/unable to get time off work, they can't/won't go. What do others think?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:48 pm

More would manage if it was on a Saturday at 3pm though, same with Alloa's match in Wales, the time was brought forward from 5.15pm to 1pm, all to suit tv fans, fans going to the game don't get much thought, if any at all.

If our game was on a Sat Livi fans would've been able to travel over to Belfast for the match and then back home again on the same day, doubt that can happen now, will be an overnighter or hell of a long day, getting back in the early hours.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:10 pm

Fair point. I know some Scotlands that do the whole one day trip, sleep at the airport thing. They don't blame Fifa for the match times. Granted, Scotland games are normally further away than Belfast but these types of away days can be affordable if you're willing to go. Personally I can't wait to get over there, I've been praying for an away game outwith Scotland for years and was delighted with our draw!

Last edited by ol1vercloff on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Sounds like in Hopkin's interview that the team are travelling at 7am on the morning of the game which is never ideal. If they're flying out from Edinburgh then the Glasgow-based boys will surely have to get up at 3-4am to make it down the M8. This probably would've disrupted the pattern of training this week as well.

Can't believe myself that I'm going but I'd be delighted with a scrappy 1-0 win. Unfortunately I fear not.

4-1 Crusaders. FG 10 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:18 pm

Liviforever wrote:FFS Bertie, that's got more waffle than the SFA's rule book. Smile

Ahhh... So you agree with me then lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:45 am

We are as much of an unknown entity to them as they are to us.Hopefully Hoppy will have done his homework with what little knowledge he has attained on them.For what its worth its a one off cup tie and i just hope the lads dont freeze on the night and do themselves justice.Its winnable imo but could go the distance with possibly pens to decide it.Whatever happens they have the support both over there and we at home to hopefully roar them on to victory.Dont leave any regrets on that pitch Livi.DoIt!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:FFS Bertie, that's got more waffle than the SFA's rule book. Smile

Ahhh... So you agree with me then lol!

Aye well you covered just about everything so hard not to now. Laughing

Aye Troy, we're prob more of an unknown quantity than them, we get sod all coverage at League One level so would be difficult to learn anything about us. Watched the highlights from Crusaders last game and was some dodgy goal keeping and defending, but they scored 4 goals so they have a goal threat. A bit like Airdrie, though maybe at a slightly higher level, but we don't really know that, it's all guess work.

Just read they're part time, not sure if that makes a difference to us but they can't be on the same level as SPFL Premiership teams if they aren't FT.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Scenes at the end, delighted after that.

Wonder if we could win the tournament without playing a single team that would usually play in it.
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:33 pm

Excellent stuff livi,delighted with this result!!
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:27 am

We started well, working the quick passes but once they came into the game it became long ball giving Mullen and Buchanan very little chance against their big defenders. Once Cadden and Mullin came on though we started passing quick again and they showed real desire to go past their man. They were the difference yesterday. Shout out to Crusaders though, making it a great competition. A few of their players look the part and could certainly see them playing professionally, particularly Billy Joe Burns, Declan Caddell and Jordan Owens
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:14 am

Mullin is one of our best players, I was bursting to see him get on and he scored within seconds when he finally got put on the pitch, Cadden too was a key player, he put in both crosses for our goals. Great subs to come on for us but they should've both started. What a way to finish the game though, place erupted when Pittman scored in injury time, brilliant to watch.

We're the team to hand out defeats to undefeated teams this season, Alloa, Brechin and now Crusaders, can we get a game against Spurs arranged. Very Happy

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:21 am

Liviforever wrote:Mullin is one of our best players, I was bursting to see him get on and he scored within seconds when he finally got put on the pitch, Cadden too was a key player, he put in both crosses for our goals. Great subs to come on for us but they should've both started. What a way to finish the game though, place erupted when Pittman scored in injury time, brilliant to watch.

We're the team to hand out defeats to undefeated teams this season, Alloa, Brechin and now Crusaders, can we get a game against Man City arranged. Very Happy

Hopkin said after the game that he knew it'd be physical so left the flair players on the bench to make an impact later...I don't know if it was bluffing or a stroke of tactical genius but it worked.

Oh and P.S. Spurs-2 City-0

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content