The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Brechin v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Brechin v Livi - Page 2 Empty Re: Brechin v Livi

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:07 pm

Well done Jackson Longridge on making it into the SPFL team of the week.

Brechin v Livi - Page 2 14947483_1295238467182658_1805675297284235424_n
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Liviforever wrote:3-0 is about right, come on Bertie, we should've been 3-0 up in the first half, I think you've put his Brechin tinted specs on. Those are Brechin's highlights and they barely had anything to put on them showing Brechin attacking our goal, it could actually have been more than 8 but I just took genuine goal bound shots that could easily have gone in and ones where we opened them up and should've scored. Their keeper made some great stops and to suggest his slip gave us a lucky goal is why we won is ridiculous, it was no more than we deserved after all the times they were under pressure and holding on for dear life.

Then to say he was disappointed that their heads went down after our 2nd when they've come back at teams and got something from games is even more deluded. Yeah maybe they did against lesser teams but we had them dominated all game, even after we went 3 up Mullen lifted a wee lob over their defenders for Rafa to have a shot from 6 yards that almost made it 4.

It certainly didn't give us a lift after our 2nd like he suggested either, from what I saw of their highlights we never stopped making goal scoring chances all game and I didn't see any sign of us suddenly upping our game after scoring a 2nd goal.

No one is suggesting we only won cause we got lucky with the first, he did say it gave us a lift and frankly I can't disagree because even if you are playing well you always get a lift from scoring. Up until that point the guys could quite easily have been thinking that nothing was going to go in. The second goal would also have given them a lift as it was an insurance goal if Brechin did mount a fight back. And he has every right to be disappointed they didn't fight back when they have been doing so all season, we would be if it had been the other way round. We won comfortably and it could have been more but for a save or two and a goal line clearance but that is what those guys are there for, they are not going to stand back and let them go in are they? We did dominate all game but you have to turn domination into goals and eventually we did. It certainly wasn't as even as 65 mins of 0-0 suggested but as I mentioned earlier, of course he is going to talk up his team, they are punching above their weight in even being involved in the promotion/title race so he's hardly likely to say they were rubbish, not at the races and beaten all ends up. At 0-0 they could conceivably have nicked the game if they had scored before we did, it happens regularly, a team gets pounded but manages to keep the ball out and then nicks one to steal the points. Thankfully we kept getting after them and got the break our hard work and domination deserved and then kicked on again to win comfortably. Hopefully we do the same to East Fife on Saturday.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:21 pm

One thing that pleased me at the game was seeing our players passing the ball into space several times. It shows confidence in your fellow players and a bit of football intelligence.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:47 pm

They were gubbed, they were well gubbed, 2nd best all game and were never going to mount a comeback as they hadn't looked dangerous all game and weren't magically going to play better when they were 2-0 down and being dominated, Dods was taking utter nonsense. He could've just admitted they were 2nd best on the day and well beaten, but nope, he talked a lot of nonsense about lucky goal this and disappointed they didn't make a comeback that. 3-0 flattered them, 6-0 wouldn't have flattered us, neither would 8.

Didn't rate Brechin in our 2-1 win and don't rate them now after easily beating them 3-0. and even though we've comfortably beaten Alloa twice I still thought they looked a better team than Brechin.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:57 pm

orco wrote:One thing that pleased me at the game was seeing our players passing the ball into space several times. It shows confidence in your fellow players and a bit of football intelligence.

Yep our passing looked good and general play was as good as I've seen us all season, Pittman chased after a ball between 3 players and eventually got it off them and then passed it forward, I think DeVita has made him even better, can see the difference with DeVita in our midfield. We've some fire power going forward, if our defence can remain as solid as it has in our last two games we'll have some GD at the end of the season.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:51 pm

Liviforever wrote:They were gubbed, they were well gubbed, 2nd best all game and were never going to mount a comeback as they hadn't looked dangerous all game and weren't magically going to play better when they were 2-0 down and being dominated, Dods was taking utter nonsense. He could've just admitted they were 2nd best on the day and well beaten, but nope, he talked a lot of nonsense about lucky goal this and disappointed they didn't make a comeback that. 3-0 flattered them, 6-0 wouldn't have flattered us, neither would 8.

Didn't rate Brechin in our 2-1 win and don't rate them now after easily beating them 3-0. and even though we've comfortably beaten Alloa twice I still thought they looked a better team than Brechin.

You are hearing what you want to hear. He doesn't say they were going to magically fight back, he says he was disappointed they didn't show the same fight they had been showing all season. Which they didn't, largely I grant you because we dominated proceedings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content