The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Afro
Troy
6 posters

Liam Buchanan & David Hopkin October's PoTM & MoTM Awards

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Liam Buchanan & David Hopkin October's PoTM & MoTM Awards Empty Liam Buchanan & David Hopkin October's PoTM & MoTM Awards

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Well done Liam Buchanan, League One's top goal scorer and thoroughly deserves October's player of the month award.

A congrats also goes to Hoppy for winning the MoTM award for October, again it is thoroughly deserved.

Liam Buchanan & David Hopkin October's PoTM & MoTM Awards Hoppy-bucks

Last edited by Liviforever on Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Troy

Liam Buchanan & David Hopkin October's PoTM & MoTM Awards Empty Re: Liam Buchanan & David Hopkin October's PoTM & MoTM Awards

Post by Troy Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:42 pm

Yep.Totally agree L/F.As i said in an earlier mpost hes hit a rich vein of form over the last month or so and thoughrally deserves this accolade for his efforts.Heard someone say at the weekend that hes just behind Dembele in the spfl scoring charts that just about says it all for me.Once again well done Liam.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Liam Buchanan & David Hopkin October's PoTM & MoTM Awards Empty Re: Liam Buchanan & David Hopkin October's PoTM & MoTM Awards

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Congratulations to Liam, well deserved, he seems to have a spring in his step and is showing that he is better than 3rd tier.

Given our results (Albion Rovers notwithstanding) surely Hoppy must be in the running for the managerial award? (I'm still not convinced by him but he has been doing well over the last few weeks with his substitutions and our recent results are very good)
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Not sure I want Hoppy winning that award now, EF's manager won it in Sept and hasn't won a game since. It's a curse I tell ye. Laughing

Don't think Bollan won it more than once when we won the then 2nd division, and it was prob in the latter stages near the end of the season.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:32 am

I know it's cursed... But it's another way the spfl can try to ruin our season lol!
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:41 pm

Past month has definitely been his best spell of form for us since he joined, and it's a richly deserved award IMO. It's a shame that he's not really been as consistent as many had hoped since he joined, but again, if played at this level all the time he wouldn't be with us.

Can see he and Mullen enjoy playing up front together too, which is always a bonus. Just need to get Carrick in amongst the goals and we'll be laughing.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:12 am

That's Hoppy won MOTM as well!
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:59 am

I await our inevitable defeat to TNS on Sunday then.

pale
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:14 pm

forzalfc wrote:That's Hoppy won MOTM as well!

Can't say he doesn't deserve it, two months running he's beaten both Alloa and Brechin in back to back wins, the East Fife defeat stopped him winning it last month, well done Hoppy.

Bertie Bassett wrote:I know it's cursed... But it's another way the spfl can try to ruin our season lol!

Damn you Bertie giving them ideas, shitting myself now for the curse to hit us. Laughing

Liam Buchanan & David Hopkin October's PoTM & MoTM Awards Hoppy-bucks
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Well deserved for Buchanan form wise. Of course being one of the oldest in the squad, he does show his experience with the way he encourages and speaks to the team and seems to have enjoyed taking that responsibility.

I still think though there's an awkward relationship between him and Mullen with the number of times they could've square it to one another but instead go for glory. Some will see it as having the confidence but others can see it as a dislike for each other.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Both are wanting to score goals and a strikers instinct is to be a greedy burger and shoot rather than pass it to someone else. It is frustrating for the fans when we see a tap in for another player but you usually find the best strikers are greedy.

I like how Mullen has followed in on Buchanan's shots though, and scored a couple of his goals from doing so, when the keeper hasn't managed to hold onto the ball.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:39 pm

The curse strikes again, 2 games and 2 defeats since these awards were made
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Buchanan is still scoring right enough but everyone else in the team has forgotten how. Hope to feck Airdrie get the MoTM for November. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:12 pm

Mark Wilson gets November's MoTM award and loses 5-0 to Stenny. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:15 pm